Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

FB Update: Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015

Dec 15, 2014, 12:40 PM

Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015

Dec 15, 2014, 12:53 PM

I am going to say this knowing I have full confidence in my QB. He is not the top Heisman go-getter in 2015. Why? Because talking about it and being about it are two different things. If Deshaun goes into 2015 and play well, that is all I am asking for him. If they want to give him the award December of 2015, then I know that he did his job and people paid attention. Otherwise, putting him on the top of a hypothetical list only puts a target on him. Get healthy big cat and we will see you in Summer 2015!

Dec 15, 2014, 12:57 PM

There will be a target on him anyway.

Have you not seen him play??? Espn didn't let the cat out of the bag

Dec 15, 2014, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015 ]

Everyone knows who he is and has known all season. Unc knew they had to come after him and it was his first game as a starter. Espn could name him the heisman winner right now and nothing will change he will still have that same target on his back. He played just as good as the heisman winner this year against stiffer competition and actually had better stats in a few aspects. To say he's not a heisman contender or the clear cut front runner is absurd. Nothing anyone's going to say is going to make that enormous target on his back go away or get any bigger than it already is but the good thing about that is he's been known to punish teams that try to come after him and tends to play his best

Re: Have you not seen him play??? Espn didn't let the cat out of the bag

Dec 15, 2014, 4:28 PM

My point is he is coming off this ACL injury and anything can happen between now and December 2015. Just want Deshaun to play well. Let his game do the talking and not ESPN.....I get the target began to grow after he almost beat Florida State and had monster outings against UNC and their down the road neighbor NC State. My point is they have been many on that list before that have had seasons from Hades. I don't want that for Deshaun. Just play well....The rest will take care of itself....

Re: Have you not seen him play??? Espn didn't let the cat out of the bag

Dec 15, 2014, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Have you not seen him play??? Espn didn't let the cat out of the bag ]

Agreed. Especially since Mariota, Gordon, Gurley, Boykin, And Winston are all gone. He would be right in the mix for Heisman if he was healthy all season, starting at QB the entire year. Everyone already knows DW4 and that popularity will only grow with time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2014, 12:12 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015 ]

Wow...you seem to take yourself very seriously?

Dec 15, 2014, 12:59 PM

He would have won it this year if healthy and if he beat FSU

This is great but I'd rather stop the hype and concentrate

Dec 15, 2014, 1:09 PM

on winning the conference and then NC!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive...

Dec 15, 2014, 1:19 PM

...nor do I think DW, or anyone, says to themself "Gosh, I'm on the 'may be the best cchance in the ACC' list on ESPN therefore my career is pretty well set at this point."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

the Hype is GREAT for Clemson Football

Dec 15, 2014, 1:22 PM [ in reply to This is great but I'd rather stop the hype and concentrate ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

So if most of us on the boreds keep bashing ESPN on the

Dec 15, 2014, 1:29 PM

reg, is it safe to say we should continue to bash them for this as well or are we lauding this as them finally doing something right for once?

I'm confused on what banner we're gonna be waving here

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

My 1.05

Dec 15, 2014, 1:37 PM

When they write an ACC only article they can't be eSECpn biased. So I'll let them slide with this and perceive it as a truthful article. Plus they are just restating what every decent college football fan in the nation already knows. DW will be the best player in the ACC next year hands down.

Now if they compiled an overall list no matter the conference affiliation, I would fully expect them to have that sec bias.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

The Heisman Trophy Candidate Came in and threw a

Dec 15, 2014, 5:13 PM

Lazer guided missile(Georgia Game) for a TD and then was promptly took out of the Game. Go figure

Re: The Heisman Trophy Candidate Came in and threw a

Dec 15, 2014, 8:09 PM

When I saw that, I looked at my son with my mouth open. We looked at each other and said "holy shiite", we have us a player....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Holy shiite?" Hope your son wasn't...four! (j/k) LOL***

Dec 15, 2014, 10:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Heisman Trophy Candidate Came in and threw a

Dec 15, 2014, 10:47 PM [ in reply to The Heisman Trophy Candidate Came in and threw a ]

Exactly. Loyalty blinded Dabo this year. Loyalty is a great thing outside of competitive sports. Everyone knows the name of the game: Win. But for some reason, Dabo didn't see it when EVERYONE else did.
My hope is that this was truly a learning experience for Dabo and the coaching staff. I love the job Dabo Swinney is doing and this is definitely NOT a fire-able offense, but he's got to learn from it.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic