Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Update on ACC vs. Maryland
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,656

Update on ACC vs. Maryland

Jan 28, 2013, 5:37 PM

If anyone wants to read

Jan 28 5:00PM ET
By Heather Dinich | ESPN.com
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/print?id=51703

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting that they haven't served their countersuit yet.

Jan 28, 2013, 6:04 PM

"Gansler has also filed a complaint on behalf of the Board of Regents of the University System of Maryland and the University of Maryland. His side of the case is that the ACC violated antitrust laws with its $53 million exit fee.

According to a spokesman for the Maryland attorney general, the ACC has not yet been served with Maryland's counter lawsuit, but that it is only a matter of time."

Could that be because they know it has no merit? (I don't know...I'm no lawyer.) Maybe they thought they would just wave around a huge number like $150 million and it would scare our lawyers away.

It is interesting that everyone thinks that the ACC will fall apart without this exit fee. Personally, I'd be worried if I were the Big 12. I see no difference between their "Grant of Rights" and our "Exit Fee", semantics aside. What if the court ruled in the ACC's favor and we turned around and persuaded West Virginia that they really DON'T want to be in a conference with no natural rivals and flights to a different time zone every other week? We could restablish the east coast as an ACC-only region (essentially).

Will that happen? Almost certainly not. But it's interesting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Still haven't figured out what the attraction of WVU is to

Jan 28, 2013, 7:18 PM

some fans. Do you really want to have to play some place every other year where a wrong turn can land you in immortal inbred cannibal country? And where a right turn still lands you in inbred country?

this is dumb. let those sorry ####### go. I'll chip in $3.50 for the movers

Jan 28, 2013, 6:14 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the ACC

Jan 28, 2013, 6:22 PM

Will negociate this fiasco with Maryland. If they lose this in court then the rest of the schools have a free exit without legal recourse. Maryland wii leave anyway because a one time 50 million fee vs a 40 million a year (eventually) is too good a deal. Tbe log term ACC deal Swoffie deal...well it sealed this deal

Re: the ACC violated its own by-laws and is going to get

Jan 28, 2013, 6:53 PM

hammered for with holding Marylands payout . the ACC is dead as Dillinger if it cant prevent three things .
1. the true settlement being released in disclosure , which at least one school will file a FOIA request to release to the public.

2. the ACC by-laws being revealed to the public

3. the real television contract being put in discovery

it will be bad for the ACC especially with the stupidity of holding Marylands money. Im ready for an Austin road trip myself.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,656
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic