Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just don't understand Coot logic..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1,570

I just don't understand Coot logic..

Aug 12, 2014, 11:34 AM

I mean, other than state pride, I seriously don't get why USUCK fans actually believe they've acheived something as of late. Consider the following pathetic resume:

-Beat in-state rival 5 years in a row (whoopdiefreakindo)
-Consistently finish in the bottom of their SEC division
-STILL have yet to win a conf. champ'ship under Slurrier
-STILL have yet to make it to BCS bowl game
-Finish lower in recruiting rankings than us (for 3yrs)

Remind me again why I should consider the Coot program a legit national title contender? Oh wait I forgot, it must be on account of how shiny them couple-a Capital One Bowl tropies look in that sorry-a$$ excuse for a trophy case.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not suggesting they're NC contenders.

Aug 12, 2014, 11:37 AM

That said, beating us 5 years in a row is 'something'. It's not a championship but it is a big deal to beat your rival (particularly w/ their history). I have no issue w/ them being as proud of this as they are.

The recruiting rankings, you actually sound like 'them' when claiming this 'supremacy'.

They've been successful in the watered down east, they are better than they ever have been in the history of their program (and THAT is the key to their patheticness...this is the greatest era of their football program and the only thing they can hang their hat on is beating us).

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

they crow about the 5 because they REALY never thought they

Aug 12, 2014, 11:55 AM

would live to see it----their daddy didn't and his daddy didn't. The sec east is the worst it has ever been and when you have nowhere to go but up, naturally it is going to look better than it is. If you have no money then $5 seems like a lot.

that's the mindset that has got our @$$ beat by them........

Aug 12, 2014, 11:56 AM

the last 5 years

-beating us 5 straight IS A HUUUUGE DEAL......especially when most clemson fans would say that 3 of those 5 years we've been "returned to the good ole days".......keep in mind our program (according to the general clemson fan public) is the best it's been in 25+ years......and they're destroying us

-i don't consider finishing 1-3 in the SEC east the "bottom" of the division. However, the SECeast isn't the powerhouse that they would say it is

-they haven't won a conference championship, but considering they have to go through bama/auburn/lsu/UF(under urban) they're still doing pretty good. If FSU continues their dominance we'll be in their same position.

-so what about the BCS bowl game........the only reason they've finished top 10 the last few years is because WE COULDN'T BEAT THEM

-the recruiting ranking argument doesn't make sense. With that logic what is clemson's problem that we can't beat them with "better talent"???

I agree they are a very delusional fan base but right now they OWN us the last 5 years and the only way to shut any of them up is to beat them.............and not take your "whoopdiefreakindo" mentality like you do toward the rivalry

you have some valid points but the last part.....we've beat

Aug 12, 2014, 12:13 PM

the h*ll out of them my whole life and they never shut up. It is just who they are....win or lose they run their mouth. Remember the annual "wait 'til next year"

it's a "rivalry", i don't expect either side to 'shut up'...

Aug 12, 2014, 12:25 PM

isn't that what makes rivalries fun?

they need to be reminded who daddy is if only for one day out of their coot lives.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hey dad

Aug 12, 2014, 12:55 PM

i need money.
send it to me.

you're the best.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

I'm learning so much today***

Aug 12, 2014, 12:57 PM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

dont shake things up 12

Aug 12, 2014, 12:58 PM

im thinking dsp might still be feeling generous from the recent donation. lets just see where this goes...

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

^^^ if he plays his cards right

Aug 12, 2014, 1:00 PM

he'll get all of newb's 3s.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He hasn't said

Aug 12, 2014, 1:02 PM

"Go fish" yet

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

because

coot

that's better, of course you do

Aug 12, 2014, 12:59 PM [ in reply to hey dad ]

and no.

tell me something your mom doesn't know about me...

;)

happily. not sure which forum that type of info should be on

stand by.

if i was you, which i'm not, i'd tmale bmeist or crump

Aug 12, 2014, 1:03 PM

just to be sure

of course. why do think i said stand by?

Aug 12, 2014, 1:10 PM

permission to post here granted, but with a caveat:

mom doesn't know about our "special game"

caveat:
Go football.

Germans***

Aug 12, 2014, 11:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The fact that they take so much pride in beating us

Aug 12, 2014, 12:12 PM

5 years in a row is proof that they care more about that than anything else. There's a reason they don't get mentioned for the playoff.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair I don't think we are a national championship contender

Aug 12, 2014, 12:20 PM

Do you think Clemson is a NC contender?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

I do think it probably takes a bit less (right now)

Aug 12, 2014, 12:24 PM

For us to think so.

Basically next year we have 3 games set up for us that would give us that shot. Beat UGA, FSU, and yall and we have a pretty dang good shot at it.

That said, that is a tall order indeed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For the last decade I would agree

Aug 12, 2014, 12:28 PM

But FSU is back to being the best program in college football.

I still think our overall schedule is harder, but you have to play through FSU. That's a a tough task for anyone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Honestly

Aug 12, 2014, 12:22 PM

They beat us.
They own scoreboard and laughing at them for bragging on it makes zero sense to me.

Now if the discussion is who has done more at a national level, sure we have an argument (though they have finished ranked higher a few times). But in the end we've lost to them 5 straight times and I'd feel foolish trying to downplay that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep***

Aug 12, 2014, 12:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yep***

Sep 13, 2018, 10:01 PM

Everyone who fields a division 1 CFB team is a national championship contender ....before the first kickoff of the season.
Coots have our # until we take the scoreboard back.
We have nothing to be ashamed of , they have a great coach and have recruited well and have beaten us lately. It will change again , history always repeats itself ...but when ? I hope this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 23
| visibility 1,570
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic