Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If anyone is thinking about getting a Bosch fridge......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

If anyone is thinking about getting a Bosch fridge......

Oct 27, 2016, 3:03 PM

don't....this #### has been the biggest letdown. Not only does it make me ponder if Germans hate ice (worst capacity/slowest refill rate of any fridge evur), but last night about 11, I'm watching TV, hear the compressor come on, and then this big BZZZZZZZZZT noise followed by burning smells.

After carrying 5 loads of food to the basement fridge like a Sherpa last night, I finally get it apart today and discover that the start relay basically burned up. German fridge by a company that actually is known for their relays, probably a Bosch relay, right? Nope, some POS made in Mexico off-brand.

Anyways, crappy 1"x 1" $2 part ordered for $40 so I can have it here Saturday. Lately it feels like life pretty much is just fixing broken sh#t.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fixin broken #### seems to come in spurts for me as well.

Oct 27, 2016, 3:07 PM

I fix everything in my life over about a 3 month period. And then I get about 3 months off until the next round.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty much***

Oct 27, 2016, 3:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know...

Oct 27, 2016, 3:09 PM

The older I get, the more I wonder why I feel like I need to own all this #### that breaks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's the funny part........I wanted to watch Into

Oct 27, 2016, 3:11 PM

the Wild last night for that very reason, but couldn't get my Firestick to work.

Now that's like rain on your wedding day Alanis.

a little tooo Ironic YEAH I REALLY DO THINK***

Oct 27, 2016, 3:30 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wife of free had to have slate appliances

Oct 27, 2016, 3:20 PM

in new kitchen.
GE is the only company that makes them. Not even a year old, the fridge part stopped cooling. Freezer was still working.
Replaced fan to move cold air from freezer to fresh food section: good.

Two months later...same thing.
This time they replace the fan with one that has fewer blades. Turns out condensed water froze the blades of the other fan.

One month later, microwave tries to set the house on fire. GE: "not under warranty anymore. not our fault."

Stupid "slate" color. Stupid custom cabinets...had to replace with same kind of microwave. If I disappear, it's because the microwave burned us to death in our sleep.

Thanks, GE, you bunchobassturds.

that's surprising

Oct 27, 2016, 3:22 PM

we have a friend who used to get the GE employee discount, so in our old house we got the Monogram stuff for the price of the Profile stuff.....man, those appliances were teats and never let us down. I'd love to have them back.

A buddy has a thermador he paid like $8K for

Oct 27, 2016, 3:29 PM

which is the Lexus version of the Bosch. He says he isn't impressed for the cost.

Is anyone really impressed by a refrigerator though?

I feel like it's one of those things that if it's working properly you just don't even notice.

ROH

I guess for 8K you'd expect it to do something special

Oct 27, 2016, 3:32 PM

maybe some heavy petting? A reach around at midnight?

Yeah, while I'd love a Sub-Zero, with the roll I'm on lately

Oct 27, 2016, 3:32 PM [ in reply to A buddy has a thermador he paid like $8K for ]

I'd probably just be having to replace two compressors instead of one.

That's what his has.

Oct 27, 2016, 3:33 PM

The freezer didn't work at all when he plugged it in, but he said the fridge did. I had a confuse. He explained the difference between my Kitchenaide UDP fridge and his Thermador.

House we bought in January still has same appliances

Kitchenaid Superba appliances from late 90's. All still work great. Had to top the fridge off with a little Freon since ice cream was melting. Worked like a champ ever since. Once it goes, I'll probably have to build a new cabinet and get a smaller fridge since I don't want to spend $9K on a fridge which is what the repair guys told me a custom fridge like that would cost.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic