Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To stir the pot-
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

To stir the pot-

Mar 30, 2014, 2:05 PM

Why is it unacceptable for Backstreets to ask patrons not to carry guns into their establishment( all be it rudely)as if they are attempting to take your 2nd amendment rights? However, you wouldn't want to go to five points due to the multiple shootings that have happened there and talk about how bad Columbia is. I could care either way, but you can't have it both ways. If there were no guns allowed in 5 points, there would be not shootings. Discuss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I accept it. They have every right to forbid concealed

Mar 30, 2014, 2:12 PM

carry weapons. I have the right to realize their belief and boycott.

Long live free enterprise!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Really. Couldn't disagree more

Mar 30, 2014, 2:12 PM

Don't really care what backstreets does but saying there would be no shootings in five points if they didn't allow guns is ridiculous. Criminals don't care what the laws are,that's why they're criminals. I'd venture to guess many have felony records and the law says they can't own a firearm.. Does that stop them? I'm open to REAL discussions about concealed weapon laws but this try was stupid.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How can people be shot if there are no guns to shoot?***

Mar 30, 2014, 2:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're missing the point

Mar 30, 2014, 2:19 PM

all what gun free zones do is strip law abiding citizens of their right to protect themselves, while criminals will still be armed.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

What makes you think there would be no guns to shoot?***

Mar 30, 2014, 2:20 PM [ in reply to How can people be shot if there are no guns to shoot?*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Would all the guns just evaporate if you said "No Guns"?***

Mar 30, 2014, 2:55 PM [ in reply to How can people be shot if there are no guns to shoot?*** ]

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a liberal utopia.***

Mar 30, 2014, 3:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

my bad, drummer. didn't see that you had already said it.***

Mar 30, 2014, 4:22 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What? Are all the firearms on earth going to disappear?***

Mar 30, 2014, 3:06 PM [ in reply to How can people be shot if there are no guns to shoot?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is too stupid to even discuss.

Mar 30, 2014, 3:11 PM [ in reply to How can people be shot if there are no guns to shoot?*** ]

You should work on something equally logical, like banning cars so there won't be any drunk drivers killing people. Because everybody who owns a car drives drunk and kills people, just like every gun owner shoots and kills people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that is an utopian world, and you SHOULD know it. life isn't

Mar 30, 2014, 4:19 PM [ in reply to How can people be shot if there are no guns to shoot?*** ]

a fairy tale.

hint: 1st sentence of the subject line is sarcasm.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

btw, ied's aren't allowed anywhere. i'm sure gald no one

Mar 30, 2014, 4:21 PM [ in reply to How can people be shot if there are no guns to shoot?*** ]

uses them.

Kea, you are so naive***

Mar 30, 2014, 5:14 PM [ in reply to How can people be shot if there are no guns to shoot?*** ]

How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?***

Mar 30, 2014, 5:49 PM [ in reply to How can people be shot if there are no guns to shoot?*** ]

Re: To stir the pot-

Mar 30, 2014, 3:02 PM

"If there were no guns allowed in 5 points, there would be not shootings."

This is ridiculous. Yeah, as if someone planning on shooting a place up is gonna stop because guns are not "allowed."

Brilliant! Just like prohibition got rid of alcohol, right?***

Mar 30, 2014, 3:05 PM

No guns allowed? No shootings? What left wing fantasyland do you live in?***

Mar 30, 2014, 3:11 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The same one where people think Trayvon Martin was innocent.***

Mar 30, 2014, 5:49 PM

Mar 30, 2014, 3:17 PM

Certain drugs are illegal too. Glad we wiped them out and no longer have drug problems. Expect the same results if guns are illegal.

Mar 30, 2014, 3:17 PM

Certain drugs are illegal too. Glad we wiped them out and no longer have drug problems. Expect the same results if guns are illegal.

Mar 30, 2014, 4:06 PM

"If there were no guns allowed in 5 points, there would be not shootings." Since when do criminals care about laws? I bet if someone were to do a little research, it would be found that the weapons used in shooting around 5 points are illegal owned, carried and/or received.

that's last sentence is complete stupidity.

Mar 30, 2014, 4:11 PM

If you believe that, you are part of the problem.

Mar 30, 2014, 4:45 PM

I guess the logic of this discussion would lead us to the conclusion that we should have no laws regarding illegal immigrants!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I own a hand gun but I don't have a

Mar 30, 2014, 6:26 PM

CWP. I think it is wrong to carry a gun and hide it. If you're going to carry a gun it should be in the open so everyone can see it. I have never understood the CWP law we should have open carry. Law enforcement carries their weapon in plain sight so should everyone else.

Concealed carry is designed as such so that it's

Mar 30, 2014, 7:21 PM

there for you and only you. What if you're attacked because the criminal sees your gun and wants to take it?

Re: Concealed carry is designed as such so that it's

Mar 30, 2014, 7:33 PM

Or what if your attacked because the criminal knows youre unarmed??

Really? Hahah

Mar 30, 2014, 6:39 PM

Ok. I clearly don't post my opinion much and don't care about points, but I'm actually curious who gave me a TD for my response on page 1 and why? I'm seriously laughing now.

Yea, apparently my "evaporate" comment wasn't well received

Mar 30, 2014, 7:17 PM

Liberals don't like sarcasm. Don't know why I even chimed in. My handle pretty much sums up my point of view on this subject

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably some draft dodging, pot smoking hippie.***

Mar 30, 2014, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Really? Hahah ]

Rhett.

Mar 30, 2014, 6:42 PM

I believe that's north Carolina's rule. Open carry. I could be wrong though. It's not a bad thought. Negs and pros to every situation. As right as the next guy saying concealed only. Having said that, I do have my Cwp. Mainly for transportation reasons so I never run into a well technically situation...

FYI - 5 Points is much stricter when it comes to weapons

Mar 30, 2014, 7:20 PM

Once I tried to go into a bar with a pocket knife in 5 Points and they wouldn't let me in. I had to leave it with the bouncer.

Not to mention the fact that on the weekends there are about 70 cops roaming the streets in that area alone(not exaggerating)

Gun control is definitely not the solution. Otherwise 5 Points would be much safer than Clemson.

Why were you in 5-points?***

Mar 30, 2014, 7:22 PM

Mar 30, 2014, 7:32 PM

So criminals wont buy guns illegally?? Or carry them anyway?? Youll be the gullible unarmed DA

Mar 30, 2014, 8:26 PM

you assume only bad guys carry guns

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic