Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I would like to see Hunter Johnson stay and get the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,370

I would like to see Hunter Johnson stay and get the

Nov 11, 2017, 11:19 PM

start against the Citadel. IMO he has earned a strait and more playing time. KB May be a player you could move to DB or Safety and start preparing HJ to finish out the season. I do not think KB can lead us all the way due to inability to hit long passes when we need them and any pass when he is rushed in the pocket.

I want HJ to stay because we may need him next year. I know TL is an awesome QB and athlete but he may need some time. I would also like to see Chase Brice moved to Defense so he can get playing time.

Good luck to all of these young men what ever decisions they make. You will always be a Tiger!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How has he earned more playing time from playing a few series...

Nov 11, 2017, 11:25 PM

in mop up time. And have you not realized that we haven't gone deep that often this season and that Cain has dropped a good number of well thrown deep balls. The struggles in the pass game have more to do with play calling than KB, Elliott and Scott need to realize what works and that KB isn't Boyd or Watson in being able to convert 3rd and long on a consistent basis.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How has he earned more playing time from playing a few series...

Nov 11, 2017, 11:28 PM

"...a good number of well thrown deep balls". Wow - just wow.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How has he earned more playing time from playing a few series...

Nov 11, 2017, 11:37 PM [ in reply to How has he earned more playing time from playing a few series... ]

Great points you make. I feel like we are to predictable with our play calling because if I know what we are going to run that’s bad because I never played past the 8th grade in football, played Basketball and baseball. So sometimes I don’t know the X’s and O’s Like some of you on TNet and really appreciate and enjoy reading your post.

I do think HJ deserves the start next week but then you risk messing with KB’s confidence. This is why I am a fan and not a coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great points? Are you kidding? The play calls don’t under

Nov 11, 2017, 11:46 PM

Or overthrow the receivers. I guess you believe also that we will never need to call a 3rd and long pass play? Wow!

Re: I would like to see Hunter Johnson stay and get the

Nov 11, 2017, 11:25 PM

I'm gonna be sick if HJ leaves due to lack of the coaches allowing him some PT, but I will be happy for him as a starter somewhere else. He will light up some teams and be exciting to watch. I am bewildered at his lack of PT. I can't even figure out how the coaches took so long to move him to #2 QB, for what little that was worth. Anyway, I truly wish the guy a successful career, wherever he lands.

Re: I would like to see Hunter Johnson stay and get the

Nov 11, 2017, 11:31 PM

KB gives the team the best chance to win... HJ talk is ridiculous at this point, especially with Lawrence coming in.

I don’t see how you can say Hunter Johnson has earned the start

Nov 11, 2017, 11:38 PM

What has he done to start over Bryant? Bryant is 9-1 as our starter, with the one loss coming in a game he had a badly sprained ankle, concussion, and didn’t play in the second half. We are division champs, playing for an ACC championship, and currently in the top 4 of the playoff rankings. I don’t see how you can justify demoting a QB like that.

Now if you want to talk about our need to develop another QB in case Bryany is injured or ineffective, then I agree 100%. I don’t think that means Hunter needs to start, but he should get meaningful reps. I am surprised that he has not gotten into more games, even for a series or two. Bryant has trouble throwing downfield, and Hunter seems to be very good at that. He needs to be ready to play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I don’t see how you can say Hunter Johnson has earned the start

Nov 11, 2017, 11:45 PM

I like KB but he has been shaky at times as a passer. We have had to ride our D’s coattails to some wins. HJ seems to pass the ball with more accuracy. I have not seen enough of his play to determine if he gives our best option to win. KB is a great talent but without our Killer D this year IMO we lose at least 3 games.

I've heard whispers that HJ's biggest problem isn't his

Nov 11, 2017, 11:50 PM

his talent, but his inability to grasp the playbook. Word is he struggles in practice and coaches feel they can only rely on putting him into game action right now with a dumbed down plan. Like any rumor, I take it with a grain of salt, but if true probably the main reason you don't see more of him.

that wouod be way too logical.. makes too much sense

Nov 11, 2017, 11:55 PM

There is a conspiracy not to play him and only play older qbs.. gotta be

KB will start and have at least the 1st quarter. All of our

Nov 12, 2017, 12:30 AM [ in reply to I've heard whispers that HJ's biggest problem isn't his ]

qbs are going to play as will reserves on offense and defense. Perfect time to get them some confidence and experience. BUT - Clemson needs to keep their foot on the pedal. We need a BIG win over this team or we could lose a spot in the top 4.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,370
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic