Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Charleston to Host National Champion Tigers for Autograph Signing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Feb 7, 2019, 5:50 PM

CHARLESTON, South Carolina, February 7, 2019 - Clemson fans, come out to The Fan Zone on Saturday, February 16th to meet two-time Champions Christian Wilkins, D Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Charleston to Host National Champion Tigers for Autograph Signing

Feb 7, 2019, 6:08 PM

Another attempt to make money from college athletic's, thanks, but no thanks!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 6:44 PM

I don't begrudge these guys one bit. Hope they make a ton of money after what they've done for us.

And they're no longer college athletes. They're soon-to-be pros.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

As long as these guys make some money out of the deal......

Feb 8, 2019, 1:33 AM

I am all for it. I imagine some money while preparing for the combine and getting ready for the draft would be welcome.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Charleston to Host National Champion Tigers for Autograph Signing ]

If your a UofSUCK fan you can come to

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that would be t-o-o. Too***

Feb 8, 2019, 12:12 AM

Yes, they are pro's now and probably need some pocket $$

Feb 8, 2019, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Charleston to Host National Champion Tigers for Autograph Signing ]

until they get a contract secured. I hope there is a long line for the event.

Feb 8, 2019, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Charleston to Host National Champion Tigers for Autograph Signing ]

agreed!.. if a tiger fan wants an autograph of some of the tiger players, that they've supported for 3-4 yrs.. give them an autograph.. why must everything be about money? to me, an autograph should always be free.. just my opinion..

Feb 8, 2019, 4:04 PM

Great for the players!

Feb 9, 2019, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Charleston to Host National Champion Tigers for Autograph Signing ]

I went to the one in Greenville two years ago and got 6 players autographs, including Watson, Boulware, and others on a helmet. It is one of my most cherished items. Because of side effects from cancer treatments, I would not have been able to get the autographs any other way. While I would prefer to get them for free, I didn't mind paying for them. I got what I wanted and they got some cash before they signed their first contracts. The players were very appreciative and personable.

I hope they do one in Greenville again this year. I would love to get an autograph from Renfrow, Ferrell, Hyatt, and others.

If you have a chance to go, do it. I am sure Wilkins would be a riot to talk to.

GO TIGERS!!!

Feb 10, 2019, 12:03 PM

Maybe Gene Spakoff can introduce them.

Yep - Sapakoff may do it - from his ....

Feb 15, 2019, 12:48 PM

.... P&C articles he’s pretty interested in Dexter .... ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Feb 17, 2019, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Charleston to Host National Champion Tigers for Autograph Signing ]

Your autograph isn't worth anything and no one wants it, so its easy for you to say that. There is no justification for thinking these players owe you their likenesses for free. As far as your support goes, they have already paid you for that by playing for the school you love and doing the best they can while you watch and enjoy. That's it. They owe you nothing else. Now, it is a very nice gesture when they decide to give one for free or pose for a picture, but they certainly don't owe you, a child, or anyone else anything.

Feb 17, 2019, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Charleston to Host National Champion Tigers for Autograph Signing ]

gotigrz said:

agreed!.. if a tiger fan wants an autograph of some of the tiger players, that they've supported for 3-4 yrs.. give them an autograph.. why must everything be about money? to me, an autograph should always be free.. just my opinion..

Your autograph isn't worth anything and no one wants it, so its easy for you to say that. There is no justification for thinking these players owe you their likenesses for free. As far as your support goes, they have already paid you for that by playing for the school you love and doing the best they can while you watch and enjoy. That's it. They owe you nothing else. Now, it is a very nice gesture when they decide to give one for free or pose for a picture, but they certainly don't owe you, a child, or anyone else anything.

Wonder what percentage of the tickets...

Feb 15, 2019, 12:51 PM

... go to the players and how much to the organizers?

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Feb 17, 2019, 2:19 AM

Anybody go to this event? How did it turn out? How long did they sign items? Thanks.
GO TIGERS!!!

Feb 17, 2019, 7:06 PM

After watching these young men lay their hearts out on the field these last few yrs I didn’t think it too much to give them a buck or two and say “Thank You”. LQQked like a good crowd.
Been lurking since the early years, finally saying hello. : )

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic