Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Idea about BigXII travel for games.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 691

Idea about BigXII travel for games.

May 23, 2012, 8:00 PM

If we join the BigXII and have to play a Baylor, or TCU, or Kansas every year, then what about the use of neutral sites to split the difference. So you would have home, away, neutral then home, away, neutral. I don't know any of the details regarding money, i.e. do we have to pay for the venue, do we actually make money, split it with the opponent. I'm looking at it as kind of a Chik-fil-a kickoff kind of deal. That way fans wouldn't have to travel to Lubbock every other year, just every three years or so, same for their fans traveling east. Also, what places to use, Georgia Dome, Super Dome, any others? Thoughts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In short, absolutely not!***

May 23, 2012, 8:16 PM

that sort of thing can certainly work if the schools want

May 23, 2012, 8:54 PM

I think it would be hard to get anyone to agree to that though. You'd have to make up for the rental fee with beer sales and ticket prices. While technically possible, I can't think of a situation where that would actually happen. Too big of a risk of the game not selling out.

What is somewhat possible is for a smaller school like baylor to agree to move one of their home games to Charlotte or Atlanta. They might be able to make more money off of our fans than at home. Duke moved a few of their home games against FSU to Jacksonville, but that's Duke.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Splitting the difference just increases the strain.

May 23, 2012, 9:17 PM

If we join the Big 12 and have to fly to nearly every single away game, that means 50% of our conference games against every team except WVU (and whomever we bring with us) will involve flying. IF we add in a neutral site and "split the difference", then that means that 67% of our conference games will involve flying. New Orleans is about half the distance between us and Texas Tech, Texas and Iowa State. It's nearly a ten hour drive from Clemson. Either fly or stay two nights.

null

Replies: 3
| visibility 691
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic