Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did Mark Richt commit recruiting violation talking about KB?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,168

Did Mark Richt commit recruiting violation talking about KB?

Nov 8, 2018, 1:05 PM

Do transfers fall under same recruiting guidelines? If so, isnt there a rule that coaches cant discuss any player that hasnt submitted paperwork? In article posted, it had quotes of Mark Richt discussing possibility of taking KB onto team.

I dont really care about where KB goes, and would prefer no more articles on his every move. I think just an article after he makes a decision is sufficient, but noticed this while reading.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did Mark Richt commit recruiting violation talking about KB?

Nov 8, 2018, 1:12 PM

I didn’t see any quote like that. I don’t know the rules or a transfer, but it sounds like the reporter and Richt kept it vague.

“We are always on the lookout," Richt said. "I do think the young quarterbacks [we have] are talented and they have the skillset to get the job done. I think they are learning as they go. I do believe these guys have the ability to get it done, but we are always open minded about finding ways to get us better at the quarterback position and every position across the board.”

https://247sports.com/college/miami/Article/Miami-Football-Hurricanes-contact-Clemson-graduate-transfer-quarterback-Kelly-Bryant-124341857/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that makes sense, TNET article left out the first part

Nov 8, 2018, 1:18 PM

about "if he is currently recruiting a quarterback". In that case, there is nothing wrong with the question/answer.

The way the tnet article made it sound was he was specifically asked about TB

Re: that makes sense, TNET article left out the first part

Nov 8, 2018, 1:19 PM

I don’t know the exact question from the media, but even if the reporter mentioned KB, Richt still kept himself free from trouble with his statement.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well if the reporter asked specifically about KB

Nov 8, 2018, 1:25 PM

To be safe, Richt should have said "I cant discuss potential recruits, but..." and then proceeded with the answer he gave.

Its just semantics, but I would think that would be a better way of answering. I think you are right though, after rereading I dont think it amounts to anything since Richt didnt actually use KBs name.

Re: Did Mark Richt commit recruiting violation talking about KB?

Nov 8, 2018, 1:18 PM

I dont think the genius that came up with the turnover chain would do anything wrong or tacky like that. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,168
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic