Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last nights win to me was typical
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Last nights win to me was typical

Feb 13, 2020, 8:47 AM

everything came together for them and they played a great game. Does it make me feel like everything with the program is fine or ok including the coaches...NO. To me it was expected. We should beat that Pitt Team no matter where we play them!

To come on this board and suggest everything is great with our coaching or team due to that win is ludicrous(not the rapper Ludacris).

It was sorely needed after the 4 game skid and especially with Louisville coming in Saturday.

The rest of the season will tell us what we need to know. I'm hopeful but not too hopeful because this is the same song and dance we have seen over the last 10 years with the exception of a few outlier years.

We have Louisville at home, at BC, at GT, FSU at home, at VT, and GT at Home.

BC, GT, VT, and GT will tell us what we need to know.

As always I will pull for my Tigers and wish for the best for the players and coaches in every game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Who is coming on

Feb 13, 2020, 9:01 AM

the board to suggest everything is fine?, It’s certainly not crazy to say that this team has a bright future.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are some that would suggest that to you

Feb 13, 2020, 9:07 AM

I'm not going to point them out because that's not what I do. I plainly stated my opinion.

Yes last night was great and yes it's a glimpse at what we could be if we were to get more consistent and that's what I will be watching for.

Re: There are some that would suggest that to you ***

Feb 13, 2020, 10:20 AM

Re: There are some that would suggest that to you ***

Feb 13, 2020, 10:22 AM [ in reply to There are some that would suggest that to you ]

Re: There are some that would suggest that to you

Feb 13, 2020, 10:26 AM [ in reply to There are some that would suggest that to you ]

I'm not going to point them out because that's not what I do. I plainly stated my opinion.

Yes last night was great and yes it's a glimpse at what we could be if we were to get more consistent and that's what I will be watching for.

You won’t point them out because they don’t exist. You clearly don’t know what is required to have a great program so you hit the easy button which is fire the coach. Those who understand the situation know there are structural issues and firing the coach without other changes will result in a negative impact. Look no further than NCSU, WF and GT all have a better history than CU but have cycled through coaches with little to show for it

link to any post I have ever made that says I want Brownell

Feb 13, 2020, 10:29 AM

fired!

Haha, shows what you know!! I have said over and over I don't dislike Brownell, I dislike the inconsistencies in our program for 10 years. I have said I hope he can fix it but I will not get my hopes up over it any longer because I've been there and done that several times in the last decade......yes decade!!

Thanks for your valuable input and I will await the post where I have said fire the coach including this one?

Re: There are some that would suggest that to you

Feb 13, 2020, 10:26 AM [ in reply to There are some that would suggest that to you ]

You won’t point them out because they don’t exist. You clearly don’t know what is required to have a great program so you hit the easy button which is fire the coach. Those who understand the situation know there are structural issues and firing the coach without other changes will result in a negative impact. Look no further than NCSU, WF and GT all have a better history than CU but have cycled through coaches with little to show for it

I saw this the first time you posted it as well as

Feb 13, 2020, 10:30 AM

the other two empty posts. You may be having a device issue.

I don’t know what your opinion is,

Feb 13, 2020, 10:44 AM [ in reply to There are some that would suggest that to you ]

if it’s that we shouldn’t be excited about a game that we were actually supposed to lose by three then I disagree. If your opinion is that it is typical for Clemson to win an ACC road game, against a pretty respectable Pitt team then I would again disagree especially considering Clemson’s track record on the road.

All I said is this was typical

Feb 13, 2020, 11:09 AM

what part of the last 10 years has been consistent? I am happy with the win, never said I wasn't. I have never ever said fire Brownell, actually quite the opposite. I have said on many occasions I don't dislike Brownell, I dislike the inconsistencies in the program over the last decade under him, yes that's 10 yrs.

I have also said I hope Brownell can right the ship but based on the past 10 yrs I will not get my hopes up that he will because I have seen nothing to this point that on the court it will change.

Is there anything wrong with what I said? I pull for us to win every game. I understand the game of basketball at a fairly high level. I know when we play a strategy that favors us against opponents and I know when we don't. I know when shooting costs us and I know when the players weren't put in a position to win.

That's all that needs to be said.

This win was typical. Lose 4 games in a row where some of them we should have won then win one where we aren't favored on the road.

Like I said in my original post, that was taken out of context, the next few games will tell us what we need to know and I hope they tell us good news.

Re: All I said is this was typical

Feb 13, 2020, 1:07 PM

We lost three in a row...not four. While I appreciate much of your post, if you're going to stand on statistics, at least be sure they're correct.

My bad, I mistyped in the post above and this one

Feb 13, 2020, 1:14 PM

but please don't let that deter you from it's meaning. the point being we lose winnable games and then win ones we aren't favored in.

Re: Last nights win to me was typical

Feb 13, 2020, 9:22 AM

I feel good about the future of the program. I think the next 2 to 3 years should be good ones.

Why can't you just be excited for this season?

Feb 13, 2020, 9:43 AM

#notagoodfan

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Why can't you just be excited for this season?

Feb 13, 2020, 9:50 AM

Re: Why can't you just be excited for this season?

Feb 13, 2020, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Why can't you just be excited for this season? ]

that is a PERFECT representation of cbbs tenure in gif form***

Feb 13, 2020, 10:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

correct ^^^

Feb 13, 2020, 11:35 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic