Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
National Signing Day on Wednesday and Clemson coaches make final push
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Feb 1, 2010, 12:05 AM

National Signing Day could see the Tigers land a few more highly-reagrded recruits. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Justin Parker saga is very interesting

Feb 1, 2010, 9:13 AM

The local #### coverage guy for rivals was on 107.5 The Game speaking this morning. He seemed every bit as confident that Parker would be signing with the Coots. He was explaining how we have recruited smaller quick type LBs and that he fit "Coach Ellis'" scheme better. He said that he felt very good about the fact that Les Miles basically backed off and left it a two school race. I don't think that I have seen an instate battle for a kid where both teams felt they were confident. I hope that the 5 hour meeting that Dabo and the other coaches sealed the deal. I really want to see this guy in Orange!

FWIW Tony Morrell is essentially projecting him to

Feb 1, 2010, 9:50 AM

Clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

that guy was an idiot.... we have had a coaching change

Feb 1, 2010, 10:16 AM [ in reply to The Justin Parker saga is very interesting ]

and therefore a philosophy change at head coach and DC. One would assume a "philosophy" change at recruiting LB's as well. Even if we didn't change philosophy, we would have never turned down a kid like Parker at LB - we just haven't landed them.

He was such a homer it was pathetic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope we get Justin Parker - we need LB talent and depth***

Feb 1, 2010, 12:47 PM [ in reply to The Justin Parker saga is very interesting ]

Ideas on DJ Howard???

Feb 1, 2010, 9:48 AM

Anybody think it's possible Howard scratched Auburn b/c they feel confident Lattimore will sign there instead of with the Coots....That would be AWESOME! Just my take on it though.

Re: Ideas on DJ Howard???

Feb 1, 2010, 1:03 PM

The talk here is that Howard is lazy but of course that is coming from the local bama bunch..... he plays in a small town here LIncoln. Small school type . He is a big man in a small place and im sure the tiger coaches are telling him he will have to wait in Auburn behind Dyer and their other backs. I havent seen him play, but i know his home town , i work here. It is small and i mean one stop light small, so we shall see what he decides.

Here are my projections for where everyone goes

Feb 1, 2010, 2:54 PM

Parker seems to have been favoring Clemson for much of the recruiting process, and we need LB's, so I think he comes to Clemson.

If you believe Allen and Maynard are a package deal which seems to be the prevailing wisdom, then I think they come to Clemson, because our QB situation sets up well for Maynard. Basically, Kyle Parker will probably play football one more season and then move to professional baseball, which means it would be a battle between Boyd and Maynard next spring. If the coaches say they will give him a fair shot, then he probably thinks he could beat out Boyd, since he has D1 starting experience. Bama is loaded at QB and does not want to use two scholarships to get one player, and Cal is 3,000 miles away. Allen will play right away wherever he goes, so PT is not a huge issue for him.

I have heard rumors that Auburn yanked Howard's scholarship, which could be for any number of reasons, and it sounds as though they are out of it. We have been after him for awhile, and UK, has just come on recently, so I like our chances with him. Not too worried, though, because we have good RB's on campus, and could sign Marlin Lane next year, who will play as soon as he steps foot on campus.

Lipford and Farmer have favored UNC through what seems like most of the process, and I don't think that will change. If either of these guys came to Clemson, then it would be a surprise.

After that, I think we will sign everyone who is verbally committed. Not sure where we will be ranked, but if what I think will happen happens, then we should move up from where we are now.

Re: Here are my projections for where everyone goes

Feb 1, 2010, 2:55 PM

thanks for that c&p from philpots site. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic