Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kinda prefer no national attention
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Kinda prefer no national attention

Oct 23, 2018, 12:35 AM

Since it is not Clemson's first rodeo since the CFP started, I kinda prefer getting lost in the shuffle as we take care of business. Let all the pundits and rabble rousers talk about Michigan or Alabama or LSU or ND or Oklahoma. We just focus on one game at a time and at the end of the season the crowd is not surprised we're there but they also do not know a whole lot about us. Sometimes they assume our defense cannot keep up with all of theses great offenses even though we always do. Sometimes they think we cannot run or throw as well as these other guys though we mostly do. This year we will. It seems this happens more than once and yet somehow Dabo still surprises the experts when we go head to head against these more talked about programs. Let them deal with the media and the over hype about how great they are. We could not beat Oklahoma or OSU or Alabama according to them and the oddsmakers and yet, we did.
I really do like it better this way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

be the sleeper.

Oct 23, 2018, 12:46 AM

shhhhhh! ??

Re: Kinda prefer no national attention

Oct 23, 2018, 1:08 AM

And let’s also start playing games in an underground cave complex where cameras are prohibited, WiFi can’t function, and nuclear radiation can’t penetrate, direct route to/from Strom T.

Let’s forgo TV and proclaim that our games may only be broadcast on AM Radio stations in towns with fewer than 500 people. That’ll really get the cult following in full swing.

Oh, oh!! And games may only be advertised on milk cartons, the side opposing the missing kid of course, that’ll really promote the brand!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait a minute Tom.

Oct 23, 2018, 1:23 AM

Don't get the President yet. Maybe we should consider this

Wait, I've got a better idea. Maybe, and I'm just spit balling here, maybe, we have a responsibility as one of the finest, most consistent programs in this country to behave as such. Maybe the coaching staff carries out the responsibility to this team to see to that the men charged with its success can handle the pressure of a national spotlight and high ranking. Yes, I'm certain that I read that somewhere once.

And now I'm thinking that your suggestion of hiding from our rightful place while expeditious and certainly painless, might not be, in a matter of speaking, the Clemson way.

We face the spotlight with courage and humility and never shy away from it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2018, 1:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Kinda prefer no national attention ]

My Clemson brother I would like to give the Reply post of the day and maybe of the month thus far.
I spit my coco puffs out while reading, thank you bro... thank you.
+1 sir

Message was edited by: NYTiger02®

Ed Zachary....

Oct 23, 2018, 6:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Kinda prefer no national attention ]

...and PLEASE, no more Gameday’s on campus!
Also, we should permanently ban all internets along with balloons & the Woo Hoo!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well except for the fact that we are pretty much in every

Oct 23, 2018, 1:56 AM

conversation. It's hard to hide at #2.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My good Friend, Neal, has it right: most analysts have

Oct 23, 2018, 5:41 AM

considered Alabama and Clemson to be the two top premiere programs in the nation for some time, and thus, attention has been focused on the also-rans.

Now, the presumption is that the top two are probably set with the mystery being the number three and four spots.

Still, however, we have five regular season games left and a possible ACCCG. I'll take one game at a time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My good Friend, Neal, has it right: most analysts have

Oct 23, 2018, 9:52 AM

From what I have seen they already have us as taking care of business, with a note to watch TL and our secondary's development the rest of the way. Both were praised this past week, briefly. Pretty spot on and not much drama.

We showed we can beat you in the run and passing game, BT Poter has been noted, as well. The only part we are lacking is nastiness in the punting game. That is both sides of punting. Improved but not nasty, there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that doesn’t happen to elite programs***

Oct 23, 2018, 6:46 AM

Oct 23, 2018, 7:29 AM

SO sorry you missed 1981. You would have loved it!

No rat poison for you.

Oct 23, 2018, 8:55 AM

I love that our kids aren't drinking the same deadly potion some of our past teams drank. Being ignored is almost as good as being disrespected.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic