Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
so is this absolutely moronic question we have started...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

so is this absolutely moronic question we have started...

Sep 25, 2020, 10:11 AM

asking every four years here to stay?

Has this absolutely moronic question always been asked? I can't remember. Is it something that stems from the 2020 election debacle?

Has there been a time when there wasn't a peaceful transfer of power which makes this absolutely moronic question not moronic?

Is this absolutely moronic question only asked because we know the answer we will get will make a good headline?

Am I right to believe that Hillary thinks she should have won, we just didn't count long enough?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwc0cJ409VQ&frags=pl%2Cwn

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Moronic question. Moronic answer***

Sep 25, 2020, 10:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

The question that alway made sense to me was if you were

Sep 25, 2020, 10:15 AM

"better off now than four years ago".

I think that gets to the point, mostly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't get why that matters in an election

Sep 25, 2020, 10:16 AM

I certainly hope I am not counting on an elected official to determine how "well off" I am over a period of time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How else would you grade a president?

Sep 25, 2020, 10:21 AM

Has that person made a positive economic environment as a result of their policies?

Have they fostered policies that improved the lives of the countries citizens?

Have they kept us out of wars and fostered peace through pragmatic and positive diplomatic relations?

Based on their words and actions.

Sep 25, 2020, 11:50 AM

Nothing to do with my personal status or condition.

I'm not even doing this today.***

Sep 25, 2020, 11:59 AM

Like, if I got cancer or something,

Sep 25, 2020, 12:28 PM

Then I shouldn't vote for the incumbent, because I am worse off? I don't see it.

And this ^^^ is the reason i wasn't doing this today.***

Sep 25, 2020, 5:11 PM

I think it's a topic now because never before,

Sep 25, 2020, 10:15 AM

that I remember, has there been so much talk leading up to the election about whether it will be legitimate or not.

They ask for two reasons.

Sep 25, 2020, 10:17 AM

#1. Because Trump often ignores traditional political norms and

#2. So when Trump refuses to give a definitive answer the media can post a million headlines about how he didn't promise to concede if he loses and we all need to FREAK OUT.

I've seen more hand wringing in here the last threee days

Sep 25, 2020, 10:23 AM

about that one statement than I have about anything else.

Which is funny, because half the time these same folks are saying how stupid he is, and the other half how much he lies.

So if we know he's a stupid liar, why believe what he says?

Probably because he's also a megalomaniac and a

Sep 25, 2020, 10:35 AM

narcissist, and all of his stupid lies are 100% for the purpose of a) making himself look good/better and b) retaining power. He has a singular purpose now: get reelected, at any cost.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank God he's the only narcissistic, lying politician

Sep 25, 2020, 10:42 AM

who will say and do anything to gain and retain power. I'm especially thankful for all of those morally pure Democrats to halfway balance things out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Thank God he's the only narcissistic, lying politician

Sep 25, 2020, 10:48 AM

We've had plenty of self-important narcissists in power before.

We have never, at least not in recent history, had ourselves a sociopathic narcissist. He's the first third-world dictator we've likely ever elected president.

Yeah, the Donald's pretty unique in American history.

I'm confused, can you put it in terms I can understand?

Sep 25, 2020, 11:04 AM

Don't all Presidents running for re-election act this way?
Don't they always cast doubt on the legitimacy of the electoral process?
Aren't they always emphasizing the boogie-men in the shadows who are orchestrating, mass voter fraud efforts against them during the election?

Isn't this all normal?

Maybe I am confused because I am so overwhelmed by TDS. My normalcy bias has hyperventilated, and instead of acting normal and going outside to count the daisies, here I am asking these questions as if this is some issue of concern.

Gaslighting 101 class is done for today. Please wipe your desks and put your apples in the basket.

Trump is not a "normal" politician.

Sep 25, 2020, 12:57 PM

That's what has all of you crybabies so rattled.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

He's not a normal human being...

Sep 25, 2020, 3:05 PM

he's a sociopathic narcissist. And I wouldn't say were rattled and I'm definitely not crying.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This really isn't a Democrat/Republican issue.

Sep 25, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Thank God he's the only narcissistic, lying politician ]

It's fascinating how half of the country is blind to this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

right..so why get all twisted about anything he says?

Sep 25, 2020, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Probably because he's also a megalomaniac and a ]

I have no idea what to believe when he says something. It's kind of hard to get worked up over bullschitt.

It's not my intention to invoke Godwins law...

Sep 25, 2020, 3:07 PM

but wasn't there probably someone in Germany saying, Hitler says crazy stuff all the time, I don't know why you let him get you all worked up!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But yet you did anyway.***

Sep 25, 2020, 5:11 PM

Trump should just go ahead and say he's gonna

Sep 25, 2020, 10:19 AM

Post National Guard troops at every balloting collection station in the country to monitor the count and declare Martial Law so he'll have Absolute Power to squelch the protests & riots.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mayeb put up some signs pointing to the

Sep 25, 2020, 10:28 AM

"re-education" camps.

Actually Gov. Long-term Care Cuomo is the one

Sep 25, 2020, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Trump should just go ahead and say he's gonna ]

The answer proves it's not moronic this time around.

Sep 25, 2020, 10:40 AM

If Trump would simply answer, "Yes, of course there will be a peaceful transition if I lose," then the question does seem pretty stupid.

But that's not the answer he's given, and he's been asked multiple times. We already know he's an authoritarian who doesn't respect the rules or the Constitution. Now, he's already cast doubts that he not only won't accept results, but he doesn't think it will be peaceful.

So in this case, the question must be asked, and until he gives the only acceptable answer, it needs to continue to be addressed.

Believe the autocrat when he tells you his intentions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: The answer proves it's not moronic this time around.

Sep 25, 2020, 10:47 AM

so one side is saying that Biden should not concede under ANY circumstances...and then goes on to say that Trump won't make a peaceful transition.

I'm not sure you're looking at the party that will be the problem.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2020, 2:58 PM

The difference is the president is saying on one end and dumb butt Hillary, whom no one should listen to, is saying it on the other.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Sep 25, 2020, 3:20 PM

Careful...you could end up suicided.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump's answer is expected...

Sep 25, 2020, 10:56 AM [ in reply to The answer proves it's not moronic this time around. ]

I have a hard time taking any such outrage against Trump when thereis no concern for what Hillary and other democrats are saying.

Be outraged, but be outraged by all of the children.

Good grief, Greg Gutfeld kills it in the first 4 minutes of this clip. The democrats keep talking about the Trumpian Apocalypse that just never happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flHBp1G7iLc

Message was edited by: franc1968®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump's answer is expected...

Sep 25, 2020, 10:56 AM

I think Hillary should STFU and disappear from the public sphere. What she said was awful.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

She likes to remind everyone why she's not the president.***

Sep 25, 2020, 10:59 AM

Sep 25, 2020, 11:59 AM [ in reply to The answer proves it's not moronic this time around. ]

What’s dumb is knowing you have to win

Sep 25, 2020, 11:01 AM

The electoral college before the election and then crying “no fair “ afterwards

Re: so is this absolutely moronic question we have started...

Sep 25, 2020, 4:11 PM

The Dems keep saying Trump is not their president and then ask Trump if he will accept the election results. That has to take the cake.

that bich is going to rot in heill***

Sep 25, 2020, 7:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic