Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Morris hired as HC of SMU.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Chad Morris hired as HC of SMU.

Nov 27, 2014, 10:43 PM

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/27/reports-say-smu-will-hire-clemson-oc-chad-morris-lead-rebuilding-of-program/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

gonna be hard to replace the shotgun on the 2 yardline

Nov 27, 2014, 10:54 PM

And passing for 5 on 3rd and 8's.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's funny that stuff like that is all that ppl remember

Nov 27, 2014, 11:08 PM

Meanwhile, everybody thinks Venables is great because his defense is good this year. People forget how bad we were in 2012 and how mediocre we were in 2013 at the beginning of the year.

We were as bad on offense the year before Morris got here as we were on defense the year before Venables got here. People have short memories.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and "ppl" also see our defense is better than it was 3 years

Nov 27, 2014, 11:17 PM

Ago. Our offense is not.

We've had a bad o line for 20 years...that's certainly not chads fault, but what did he do to fix it?

Re: and "ppl" also see our defense is better than it was 3 years

Nov 28, 2014, 2:47 AM

Stop using facts and logic, cam is immune to it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's just smarter than us all.He sees past it.

Nov 28, 2014, 5:27 PM

Just ask him.

So did Al Groh***

Nov 28, 2014, 9:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lulz at you thinking any of that is changing

Nov 27, 2014, 11:30 PM [ in reply to gonna be hard to replace the shotgun on the 2 yardline ]

and you not complaining about Boyd when he was pretty much unstoppable running from the shotgun on short yardage.

Yep

Nov 27, 2014, 11:53 PM

It's amazing people forget how bad we'd gotten on offense in 2010 and how much better we were immediately in 2011. Venables actually took longer to make his turnaround.

Also, it'll be interesting to see what people are saying next year when we'll be stacked on offense again and young on defense again. My guess is they'll all love Morris again and start to wonder about Venables.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. Though I think Venables is legit

Nov 28, 2014, 12:14 AM

and will be much harder to replace than Morris. In this day of offense, having a defensive coordinator that seems to understand and enjoy facing them is rare.

But, to your guess, I very much agree. We'll take a step backwards on defense and a huge step forward on offense and people will wonder what happened to Venables. I do still think we'll be good enough on defense to beat FSU and SCU and make a run for the playoffs.

If these rumors are true about Morris, I'd understand why he would leave, but I think in a year or two he could get a better job for similar money. But like I said, I wouldn't be as upset at replacing him as I would Venables.

But thats the thing...people change.

Nov 28, 2014, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Lulz at you thinking any of that is changing ]

We don't currently have teh staff to support that now.

A decent O-line coordinator should see that, and work around it.

We're still playing the same offense we had with a 230# QB. We don't have that now.

I guess as a manager I see that I have to work to my staffs' strengths; I can;t work on what we used to have.

Maybe we need some nerdy IT managers in there?

i'll believe it when i see it on myspace***

Nov 27, 2014, 11:34 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Promote Jeff Scott? Great recruiter, hard worker,

Nov 28, 2014, 12:26 AM

requisite experience, runs the same offense, loves the state and school. Success at every step. Seems a no brainer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perfect but if it goes sour...

Nov 28, 2014, 6:41 AM

we might lose one of our own. I'd just pay the next guy less and give Jeff a big fat raise out of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^Ditto on this

Nov 28, 2014, 7:11 AM

I am not saying Lincoln Reilly is the answer, BUT could you imagine the recruiting we could do if Jeff and Rick were traveling together? That would be like the powerhouse team of recruiting.

I am not sure that Lincoln is ready for this level of ball, but soon, he will be heading to bigger and better things. Carden is not that great of a QB, terrible mechanics, but Hardy can catch anything thrown his way. With this being said, in my years of following ECU football, Lincoln makes great calls at the right time in big games. And the athletes coming in love his style of football.

Jeff might leave if we hire Reilly

Nov 28, 2014, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Perfect but if it goes sour... ]

But that might be the risk you have to take

terrible idea

Nov 28, 2014, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Promote Jeff Scott? Great recruiter, hard worker, ]

See Dabo's first hire as OC as proof.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a non sequiter if there ever was one. By that logic,

Nov 30, 2014, 12:13 AM

every decision he makes will be wromg, and/or Dabo would never be head coach in the first place. Unless Dabo has some specific reason to think Scott needs additional expereince, he will get the job. Barring that, Scott has hit all the objective benchmarks. Every OC is promoted from position coach.

I am not saying that is the case here. How can I, or you, know? Dabo might think he he needs more experience. But if Dabo thinks he's ready, count on it. He wont mind making a battle field promotion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we find an O coordinator that thinks

Nov 28, 2014, 11:04 AM

the bubble screen shouldn't be called more than once or twice a season?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

I'd like to find one that so firmly believes that it all

Nov 28, 2014, 11:56 AM

starts in the trenches that he would lie, cheat, steal, and murder to create the greatest offensive lines in the history of college football.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Jimmy Johnson likes his TV gig.***

Nov 28, 2014, 12:11 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats where games are won and lost.

Nov 28, 2014, 5:25 PM [ in reply to I'd like to find one that so firmly believes that it all ]

HeII, at 46 and 5'8, I could be a great FB with a good enough O-line.

yeah.....

Nov 29, 2014, 9:41 AM

no

It's amazing that those that get paid millions to coach

Nov 30, 2014, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Thats where games are won and lost. ]

are so clueless and those on internet message boards are so brilliant

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aye Captain.****

Nov 29, 2014, 10:32 AM [ in reply to I'd like to find one that so firmly believes that it all ]

Nm

annnnnnnnnnnnd

Dec 1, 2014, 11:21 AM [ in reply to I'd like to find one that so firmly believes that it all ]

finished.

HIRE GRUDEN

Nov 28, 2014, 7:01 PM

DEMOTE DABO

can you pitch in

Nov 29, 2014, 10:29 AM

About $2 mil a year for his salary?

Dude bruv

Nov 30, 2014, 5:11 PM

He's a volunteer.

That's $2 million more Dabo can spend on sweatshirts.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic