Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tony Bennett coaching
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,166

Tony Bennett coaching

Mar 13, 2019, 7:06 PM

Took over in 2009 (Brownell took over 2010). Prior to that uva had been to the big dance twice since 1998 and had only had 3 above .500 conference records since 1995. His first season at uva he went 15-16 (5-11) 9th in conference. He has steady improved that record every year to become one of the best teams in the country. What does uva have that Clemson doesn't or is it coaching. I bet it's coaching.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cash and the will to change

Mar 21, 2022, 10:09 PM

I have family that were in fundraising there. They built JPJ arena in 2006 and the price tag was outrageous. Paid off I guess.

Re: Cash and the will to change

Mar 13, 2019, 9:46 PM

Yeah, after the soccer well dried up, they had to find a place to invest. Basketball it was and that was a smart move at the time.

Meanwhile, tell me how UVA football is doing? Beat the coots by 28? Well we do that all the time.

tennis as well

Mar 13, 2019, 9:54 PM

they put a big investment in that and have won 4 national titles in men's tennis this decade

Didn't they win a CWS too?

Mar 14, 2019, 4:40 PM

Something we STILL haven't done.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And he does it without 5 stars and "1 & dones" too!!***

Mar 14, 2019, 1:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The have done one thing Clemson hasn't......

Mar 14, 2019, 12:29 PM

lost to a 16 seed.............

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's bc you actually have to make the tournament 1st before

Mar 14, 2019, 12:31 PM

You can lose to a 16 seed.....

Re: Tony Bennett coaching

Mar 14, 2019, 5:45 PM

Tony Bennett already a sweet-16 coach. He was basically at the less than "Clemson level" program of the Pac 12: Washington State. 6 total Tourney Bids, One modern Sweet Sixteen (under Bennett) and their last "regular season" championship was 1941. Sound familiar? Truthfully, if it wasn't the "runner up" in the '41 tournament using pre-war wooden basketball, Clemson would be the far better program (and we are)

What did Wassu do? Cut his funding.

If Clemson wanted to go out an get a Bennett, then how many sweet-16 coaches are dealing with a lack/funding?

Money, facilities, tradition, location, actual fan support?

Mar 14, 2019, 4:03 PM

Spare me the "If we win, they will come" myth, that was debunked LAST YEAR when we had a Sweet 16 team and LJ was a morgue, and it only got worse this year, although the fact that all our weekend ACC games(except UNC) were nooners and all our weeknight ACC games were 9pmers...And don't try to use the fraudulent attendance numbers Clemson was posting, I was there and we were not pulling in half that at 9pm

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,166
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic