Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Weird SCDOT issue maybe someone has faced
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Weird SCDOT issue maybe someone has faced

Feb 23, 2020, 7:53 AM

I have had a Clemson tag since 1994, but over the years, we have traded a few cars, and I no longer have it on my truck. First, it went to my wife, which I was ok with. She is a CU grad too, and we do most of our traveling in her car.

But now, she has given her car to our daughter, who is soon to graduate from Winthrop. She doesn’t want a Clemson tag, and I don’t want to lose the one I have had for 25+ years.

Does anyone know the procedure for swapping tags between two cars that are both titled to me?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Weird SCDOT issue maybe someone has faced

Feb 23, 2020, 7:57 AM

Go down to DMV with both registrations. Easy process.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

That simple, huh?

Feb 23, 2020, 8:01 AM

Was worried I may have to run back and forth between DOT and the County, syncing up property tax and such. Great news! Thanks a bunch!

Re: That simple, huh?

Feb 23, 2020, 8:16 AM

Assuming you paid property taxes since you would have both registrations. Now if you didn't pay them, it's going to be more difficult. And expensive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Taxes all paid but tags expire in different months

Feb 23, 2020, 8:26 AM

Wasn’t sure if that mismatch might complicate things. Sounds like not. I will just go to the DMV.

But I still will be mildly surprised if I get this done in a single trip there. Hope I’m wrong; won’t know until I try.

Re: Taxes all paid but tags expire in different months

Feb 23, 2020, 11:56 AM

Yes you will, get it done in one trip if you have both tags and both registrations!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2020, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Weird SCDOT issue maybe someone has faced ]

Go down to DMV with both registrations. Easy process.

Process is the same at all DMV's, if you go to the one on Handsmill in Newport it adds 2 hours.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

the DMV in my town is fast

Feb 23, 2020, 9:43 AM

there's like 3 old women in there and they all know their stuff and they all work really fast. There will be 20 people in line and it's like a 10 minute wait.

Now the driver's license place is close by and they are unorganized and slow as molasses. You get in line a get a ticket. The ticket is A,B,C,D or E followed by a random number from 1 to 1000. They might call C402,C403,C404,A12,E876,C405. So you never know who is next or how long you have left to wait.

I have merely gone to the DMV office or asked dealers

Feb 23, 2020, 8:00 AM

to transfer my Purple Heart tag and Disabled Veteran tags to different cars with no problems. Shouldn't be any different. But who knows when it comes to government?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2020, 9:36 AM

Remind your daughter whose degree(s) paid for that car she is driving for free. Just sayin'........

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2020, 9:57 AM

Go Tigers!
Go Winthrop Eagles!

I love both schools. I graduated from Winthrop my daughter graduated from CLEMSON.

Good luck at the DMV.

Feb 23, 2020, 10:53 AM

While you are there get your REAL driver's license. That will take a lot more paper work.

Re: Didnt I send you a CLEMTHROP sticker?

Feb 23, 2020, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Weird SCDOT issue maybe someone has faced ]

Had some made a few years back when I found out I would have a kid at each school.

Daughter graduating in May, so now I can go back to all Clemson...until my son graduates in December and then my youngest starts (somewhere) in the fall of 2021.

Feb 23, 2020, 11:20 AM

Haven’t gone to that extent but just recently sold my old truck and bought a different truck and just transferred my old tag to the new one. Just went in there, paid the taxes and they changed it in the computer and was easy as cake. Don’t see why it would be an issue with you. But of course we are talking about a government agency.

Feb 23, 2020, 11:53 AM

Turn one in and transfer the keeper!!! Just that simple!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tell your wife that the only fix for this

Feb 23, 2020, 12:21 PM

Is for you to get a new truck and have the tag placed on it before you get rid of your current one. This sounds legit from a DMV standpoint and if your wife is a big fan she will surely go along. You get a new truck and the tag ;) :)

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic