Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
About Nolan Turner
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

About Nolan Turner

Jan 21, 2016, 4:51 PM

https://twitter.com/DearOldClemson/status/690289404078792704

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: About Nolan Turner

Jan 21, 2016, 4:55 PM

Congrats to the young man and welcome to Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

He's attended Dabo's so camp,

Jan 21, 2016, 5:02 PM

so Clemson knows what they need to know about him.

http://theclemsoninsider.com/2016/01/21/clemson-picks-up-a-2016-safety/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2016, 5:09 PM

So can he play? Or is this another "because of who your daddy is" commitments?

Dabo has an eye for underrated players for sure, but he has made some questionable offers. We already have 3 legacy players at/on their way to Clemson and now we are adding Bama legacy's?

Depth at linebacker wasn't good this season and now safety isn't good. So we compound the problem by making offers to kids we have no intention playing versus the FSU's, Bama's, and ND's of the world.

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Jan 21, 2016, 5:14 PM

His dad played in the NFL and yet he still had no attention from scouts, no Rivals page, no 247 page. It's yet another legacy severely hurting our depth. Our LB's and CB's are going to severely suffer in depth. If not them, it will be at the expense of other positions.

Jan 21, 2016, 5:16 PM

68 posts in 6.5 years.... I think you should post even less.

null

Hunter Renfro say hi.***

Jan 21, 2016, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: About Nolan Turner ]

Hunter RenfroW was a walk-on

Jan 21, 2016, 5:18 PM

He had to spend over a year with the program to prove himself before he was offered a scholarship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Hunter Renfrow EARNED his scholarship... This kid should

Jan 21, 2016, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Hunter Renfro say hi.*** ]

Should have been given the same opportunity if he is a borderline player.

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Re: Hunter Renfrow EARNED his scholarship... This kid should

Jan 21, 2016, 5:23 PM

Do you KNOW if this kid is on Scholly or is he a walk-on?

All reports say he was offered a scholarship***

Jan 21, 2016, 5:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Hunter Renfro say hi.***

Jan 21, 2016, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Hunter Renfro say hi.*** ]

You mean the walk-on that turned down other offers to play for Clemson and then earned his scholarship? Should be just what this kid has to do if it wasn't for his father.

LOL you guys act like our program is in shambles

Jan 21, 2016, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Re: About Nolan Turner ]

Back up off the ledge and take a deep breath. Give it some time and see how these kids pan out. With the way things have been going how can you not trust our coaches' evaluation of talent?

Jan 21, 2016, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Re: About Nolan Turner ]

Kid can play. Yall know I'm one of the biggest critics of these kind of offers, but Bama wanted him and thought he could contribute at some point

Jan 21, 2016, 5:44 PM

"Bama wanted him and thought he could contribute at some point"

Bama wanted him as a walk-on. The kid can definitely play but why not offer the same as Bama and if he picks the walk-on route at Bama then offer him a scholarship?

Oh woe....

Jan 21, 2016, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: About Nolan Turner ]

Tigers won't win a single game due to Mr Turner on the roster....really? Some of you need to get a grip and trust this HC that just had Tigers playing in a NC game!

Waste

Jan 21, 2016, 5:10 PM

You guys can ##### at me all you want and call me a coot or whatever. I'm well aware Dabo deserves the benefit of the doubt, but this is another example of a wasted scholarship by Dabo. Offer him a preferred walk-on spot just like any other big time program would. We are essentially playing with a small, self-imposed scholarship limit as long as his friends' kids keep getting full rides based on their relationships to Dabo and Clemson as opposed to their merits on the football field.

Before all the comments about their superior eye for talent (obviously that's true, they're college football coaches) here is yet another player who is the son of a former NFL player who miraculously has no major offers. You don't think major college programs have their eyes out for former NFL players' sons?

Did you even watch his film?

Jan 21, 2016, 5:13 PM

I was skeptical at first too. Watch his 5 minute tape and then come tell me he isn't worthy of an offer

Re: Did you even watch his film?

Jan 21, 2016, 5:25 PM

I did, and yeah he lays down the wood and looks like a great athlete. However, even at my high school we had players with highlight tapes that made them look like legit athletes when we've never sent a single player to D1 football.

While I tend to trust Dabo, I also don't distrust the other 124 FBS coaches that much. It's a little ridiculous to think that a team competing for the national championship is somehow the only school in the country to think a specific player is worthy of a scholarship when his father was in the NFL and he has had people in football circles watching him play ball since he was little. It's extremely unfair to the number of athlete's whose dads weren't best buds with Dabo 20 years ago not to mention what it does to our depth at certain positions.

steph curry? Dad was an NBA player

Jan 21, 2016, 6:51 PM

not saying this guy will be NFL superstar, but great recruiters can miss some great talent

Dabo's gonna keep us from ever making the playoffs.***

Jan 21, 2016, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Waste ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Dabo's gonna keep us from ever making the playoffs.***

Jan 21, 2016, 5:27 PM

And yet our defense almost slipped up late last season due to tired LB's. Hmm I wonder why the depth at LB got so bad that the starters couldn't get off the field... Korie Rogers and the transfer hurt but that still should've been a more manageable situation. Dabo's sure lucky neither starters got hurt.

Re: Waste

Jan 21, 2016, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Waste ]

Dabo had offered him as a preferred walk on, as did Saben. The kid was going to go to Alabama. I would say that both coaches saw something in the kid and wanted him. IMO, Dabo pulled the trigger and offered the scholi in hopes of getting him and keeping him off of the bama roster. Good move, imo

Jan 21, 2016, 5:45 PM

Or Saban got Bama to where they are by not handing out scholarships to players he knows would never crack the 2-deep let alone 6.

Jan 21, 2016, 5:47 PM

How does this impact the other safeties we are recruiting?

Jan 21, 2016, 6:45 PM

If anything I think is more of a response to Gibson transfering.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Saban's 5* DB couldn't cover Dabo unrated WR

Jan 21, 2016, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Waste ]

I'll trust Dabo. Like others have said,each and every DB visiting the last 2 weeks that wants to commit to Clemson will be able to commit to Clemson.

Good point. Im a firm believer

Jan 21, 2016, 7:16 PM

That it really doesn't matter much about rankings. Of course, there's going to be some people who are just born with a gift that not many have like CJ Spiller but i believe with the right mindset and work ethic, any kid can turn out to be a really good player. I believe Turner will be one of those kids.

wrong..

Jan 21, 2016, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Waste ]

saben had already accepted him as a preferred walk on. Sometimes you just have to have a kid come in as a walk on when scholi's are limited. We had some scholi's come open and there you have it.

Jan 21, 2016, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Waste ]

gbatt,It is obvious you know more about recruiting than Dabo!
Why don't you go help out cootchump?He could use some valuble
advice right about now!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have extra scholarships to give

Jan 21, 2016, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Waste ]

might as well use them!

Remember we had another 2*/unranked recruit from bama

Jan 21, 2016, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Waste ]

whose only other offer was from UAB, he's now a nfl draft prospect.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

You had to know

Jan 21, 2016, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Waste ]

the idiots would come out and say the same old stupid stuff when doesnt get a 4 or 5 star commit. Some of yall just need to stop posting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your pulse tells me all I need to know...***

Jan 21, 2016, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Waste ]

Jan 21, 2016, 5:13 PM

We were one flukey onside kick from winning it all this year. Dabo can offer whoever he wants for all I care. I trust what he knows more than what I can tell from a flimsy online player profile any day.

Jan 21, 2016, 5:24 PM

Watch his film. This guy is good! Got speed and ball skills and more speed and can lay the wood and did I say more more speed 4.46 speed! Add 20 # of muscle he will be really good!

think I'll start a pathetic poster list - somebodies ain't

Jan 21, 2016, 6:34 PM

all in...

and I am pretty sure that all of them can't bench 110 with a spotter.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: think I'll start a pathetic poster list - somebodies ain't

Jan 21, 2016, 6:46 PM

Easy to spot. Probably the same dumbos that thought Heugal should never have started or Renfrow was a waste or any number of 2-stars that made substantial contributions to the program. Lord have mercy, some in this fan base are pretty lame, and I dont know if they are all closet coots or not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic