Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember when that Mass judge was accused of helping...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 298

Remember when that Mass judge was accused of helping...

Apr 26, 2019, 9:18 PM

an illegal alien get out the back door and preventing an ICE officer from entering her court? She's in tears now.

"BOSTON – A Massachusetts District Court Judge and Trial Court Officer were indicted today in federal court in Boston on obstruction of justice charges for preventing an ICE Officer from taking custody of an alien defendant.

Shelley M. Richmond Joseph, 51, of Natick, who was appointed as a Massachusetts District Court Judge in November 2017, and Wesley MacGregor, 56, of Watertown, a former Trial Court Officer since 1993, were indicted on one count of conspiracy to obstruct justice and two counts of obstruction of justice – aiding and abetting. MacGregor was also charged with one count of perjury..."

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/pr/massachusetts-district-court-judge-and-court-officer-indicted-obstruction-justice

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She's an idiot.

Apr 26, 2019, 10:57 PM

One of the things that age has taught me is that there are plenty of really bad judges, lawyers, doctors, etc. Being highly educated doesn't necessarily mean someone has common freaking sense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell me about it.

Apr 27, 2019, 7:15 PM

In the county where I spend a major chunk of my growing up life (Roane Co, TN) the judge was sleeping with women who were scheduled to appear in court the next morning. He'd knock a little out at lunch then rule in favor of the woman that afternoon.

He bought and sold coke and told my ex wife that she had to give me visitations with our child. Then he turned to me and told me whether or not she allowed me to visit the child I had to pay the child support. I was in court that day after paying my child support regularly for over a year. Instead of paying it weekly I would pay her for last week and next week.

I paid it on Friday then skipped the next Friday. On Thurs of the week I skipped the ex filed a paper which said I hadn't paid it that week. No one checked the judge issued a warrant. I lived in Chattanooga about 70 miles away. That weekend was Christmas when the judges weren't available to set bail and bondsmen were off. Had my BNL not been the chief of police I would have spent Christmas weekend in jail.

The Judge was busted about 20 years later and given significant time.

https://www.wvlt.tv/home/headlines/3866912.html

We also had a pair of brothers open up on a Roane Co deputy after being stalked and threatened murder by the department. The boys sat on their porch with their hunting rifles waiting after their mother called and told them the deputy had been riding through the rural neighborhood. As the story goes the deputy and a civilian passenger stopped her at the mailbox and ask where her sons were.

The boys fired more than two dozen rounds into the patrol car killing both deputy and civilian. Ears were found yards from the car and both occupants were found looking like swiss cheese. There was no warrant to arrest the boys and they proved in court via witnesses' testimonies and the deputy's history of threats to kill them that they were acting on self defense. Later I learned that the deputy spent lots of time in the local bars boasting about being able to get away with murdering the two brothers.

http://archive.knoxnews.com/news/local/houstons-post-death-photos-of-roane-deputy-ride-along-ep-360129961-356710471.html/

My BNL was murdered during his years as Chief of Police. He drown but I've been in a boat with him. He never got in or above waist deep water without a life jacket. I never saw him in a boat and I knew him from my teenage years when he married my sister. We were best friends for two dozen years even after they split up.

He took people to jail without pulling his weapon. He was Andy of Mayberry in real life. I know he didn't drown.

Johnny Carson mentioned Rockwood in one of his jokes. Johnny said, 'If you're going to murder someone take them to Rockwood, TN. 9 people have been murdered there without a single arrest.'

I had two friends murdered in cold blood. Bill York was St York's grandson. Bill was shot through the shoulders from the side coming out of the Peggy Ann Truckstop. That was when PA was a huge business back before I40 was complete between Harriman and Crossville. Rockwood was on the detour and we saw major E-W, W-E traffic.

I knew the guy who shot him, Bill had been messing with his wife and sister. No one said a word about either the infidelity or the murder. I like both guys and ran around with the a lot. I even dated Bill's sister for a month or so but I always knew where that sat with Bill.

One of my other friends shot a feller named Bruce Powers. Squirrel worked at Phil Hill's junkyard just outside Rockwood at the foot of the mountain going to Crossville. Bruce had whipped Squirrel's butt three or four time, every time he saw him. Everybody knew it.

Squirrel (obviously) was a little guy, 5'8"ish and didn't weight a buck 40 wearing his mama's overcoat even if it was wet. Bruce was a 6' body builder probably at just above two bills. As Squirrel came out the front door at Hill's Bruce came up the walk.

Squirrel pulled out a 45 automatic and popped Bruce in the forehead. The round cut a funnel in Bruce's head with the big end opening in the back. Nobody said a word.

Yeah, I grew up rough but I only attempted to murder one guy who believe for the third time that he could whup me. His buddies, they guys he was drinking with, got him stirred up about the two previous times he failed to whip my asz. It was just boys having fun to them but I had chit to do. I was on top of him on the ground with my hands around his throat taking his life when the buddies pulled me off.

I got a black eye from hell from his sucker punch, I didn't think he had the nerve to fight again. Benie was shorter than me by a couple inches but I gave up 30 lbs to him. The sucker punch was all he landed. He hit me, loaded into the front seat of my buddy's car on top of me and went to whailing away. I covered up and told him I'd tell everyone in town he's kicked my asz. He got off me. That was his second mistake.

Yeah, life I though life was good back then. 17 was a heck of an age to be in Rockwood back in the late 60s.

Did I have a rough upbringing in a bad place or should I have been a fiction writer?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sounds like a Pete Dexter novel***

Apr 28, 2019, 11:13 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 298
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic