Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame sees Clemson as a team that will crank up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,625

Notre Dame sees Clemson as a team that will crank up

Dec 20, 2013, 9:15 PM

its schedule and they got FSU, Clemson and Miami so they could have at least one schedule uptick each year with the ACC. Here is that quote and the link is the full Notre Dame schedule presser interview for reading. They really consider every angle in their schedule. They have certain goals. As I said, below the quote is the link to the entire interview.

Q. (No microphone.)
JACK SWARBRICK: It was a very significant factor. Some of it, trading off or balancing against other factors. The extra game on the schedule, you'll get the best opponent as you can in that space, but especially as you get out in a number of years, it's hard to predict. I have great confidence Brian Polian will have great success at Nevada. We project that will be a very good game, but we don't know. It was very important.
You're looking at it a little bit in the context of the five games you're getting from the ACC. Florida State in '14, really help crank the schedule. Clemson in '15, likely to help crank the schedule. You're balancing the rest of it against the ACC inventory in the rest of those years, how that works.
The ACC was great, again, in working with us. We didn't wind up with the first year of Florida State, Clemson and Miami. We have that quality throughout so it helps the strength of schedule.
It's not perfect. There's some years because of a decision you made in '14 or '15, you worry a little bit about the strength of schedule in another year. But generally speaking, we're pretty happy with it.

http://www.ndnation.com/boards/showpost.php?b=football;pid=100866;d=this

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those dumb sumbiches are getting left out of the playoffs.

Dec 20, 2013, 11:20 PM

If they schedule teams good enough to get their SOS up they'll lose a game. Five conferences will have champions. Four of those five will be preferred over ND even if they have one loss.

I hope ND gets really good so they can be crushed when they go to a second tier bowl. PUTZES!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I think what is more important to them is playing

Dec 20, 2013, 11:49 PM

coast to coast, playing like institutions, and the Shamrock series. The Shamrock series allows them to play in front of many of their fans in iconic cities.

Re: Well, I think what is more important to them is money.

Dec 21, 2013, 5:55 AM

I think that's why they've been indy for so long and I think the desire for it will drive them to join the ACC.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have a shot at them each and every year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, I think what is more important to them is playing

Dec 21, 2013, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Well, I think what is more important to them is playing ]

and the ACC deal gives them access to recruits in the South

Re: Those dumb sumbiches are getting left out of the playoffs.

Dec 21, 2013, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Those dumb sumbiches are getting left out of the playoffs. ]

If ND finishes with one loss - but goes 5-0 vs the ACC they will get in over a loss ACC champ.

soft B1G like program, will get ramrodded by FSU and Tigers***

Dec 21, 2013, 12:05 AM

The best thing about having ND on the schedule is the

Dec 21, 2013, 8:18 AM

expected return of GolderDomer.

Signed,

dsp

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,625
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic