Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Endorsement millionaire as college player? Numbers say yes for Trevor Lawrence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: Endorsement millionaire as college player? Numbers say yes for Trevor Lawrence

Jun 16, 2020, 7:55 AM

Endorsement millionaire as college player? Numbers say yes for Trevor Lawrence

Trevor Lawrence. College student. College football quarterback. Endorsement millionaire? If NCAA legislation had passed earlier than expected, it could have happened this year.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Endorsement millionaire as college player? Numbers say yes for Trevor Lawrence

Jun 16, 2020, 8:14 AM

Doesn’t Dabo ban social media use by players during the season? What effect will this have and will he be able to continue that ban under the new rules? I like what he is doing because I believe it helps players maintain their focus on football.

At $10,000 per post from the top player

Jun 16, 2020, 8:22 AM

he would have no choice to change the policy or never again sign a # 1 prospect.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Endorsement millionaire as college player? Numbers say yes for Trevor Lawrence

Jun 16, 2020, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Endorsement millionaire as college player? Numbers say yes for Trevor Lawrence ]

I don’t think he necessarily bans it. If I’m not mistaken, the team leaders kind of started that a years back and every team since then has gone dark during the season.

Correct. It's a team decision every year. But it couldn't

Jun 16, 2020, 9:15 AM

continue. Too much money.

I have read that some people think those top players could have a management company handle their social media on their behalf (how ridiculous this is all getting), so maybe that would be an option, but I would guess the Social Media "ban" would go away...kids that are looking to make $20k won't have anyone managing it for them and won't want to walk away from that. At least, I don't think...I know very little about the business of social media.

null

Jun 16, 2020, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Endorsement millionaire as college player? Numbers say yes for Trevor Lawrence ]

I thought that social media absence by players during the season was voluntary!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So do I need to start a twitter and IG account?

Jun 16, 2020, 8:43 AM

to do my part in helping Clemson recruit?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So do I need to start a twitter and IG account?

Jun 16, 2020, 8:58 AM

yes, this will get pretty silly between all of the players and fan bases. Not looking forward to that. We need less social media, not more of it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So do I need to start a twitter and IG account?

Jun 17, 2020, 10:24 PM

Agree, less SM....

Jun 16, 2020, 9:36 AM

If all the controversy keeps up, fans will go away and with it the revenue. I’m sick of it myself. A little humility is in order for us all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is NO

Jun 16, 2020, 10:12 AM

Way that this can work. Team unity would immediately go away if this foolish rule is passed. Instead, let’s do away with company logos like Nike, UA,

One day we'll be able to say "I remember when ...

Jun 16, 2020, 10:51 AM

...college football was special." And I'm afraid that day is not too far down the road. Give me amateur athletes, non-millionaire coaches, and smaller, regional conferences. But that horse is out of the barn.

Re: One day we'll be able to say "I remember when ...

Jun 16, 2020, 1:09 PM

That horse actually got run over and killed by corporate social media years ago. I maybe wrong, but I think that the good ole pure college FB ended with the first John Madden EA Sports NCAA Football FB video games....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It wont be that bad

Jun 16, 2020, 11:02 AM

Just park in the PepsiCo lot. Walk over and enjoy the Delta Airlines Tiger Walk 2 hours before kickoff ( you'll need a ticket ), find your seat in the Coca-Cola End Zone, watch the Amazon band come on the field 22 minutes before the start in Intel Memorial Stadium and as soon as the Microsoft buses drop the team off and the players rub Cisco Rock, get ready for pro football.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2020, 11:05 AM

This shouldn't surprise anyone. There will be HS seniors who will millionaires before they ever even set foot on campus as well.

so when do the protests about income inequality start?

Jun 16, 2020, 11:18 AM

TL at over a million projected earnings but ETN and Ross at not even 100K? Sounds like discrimination to me! Don't @ me with capitalism and marketability stuff! it just aint fair! ;)

I smell another mess brewing.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: so when do the protests about income inequality start?

Jun 16, 2020, 1:17 PM

My only thought of your comment is that QB's has been the most important player on the field since I learned a thing about FB for HS, College, and the NFL. And in the NFL, 9 times out of 10, the NFL QB's make more than the rest of team. And to take the racism out of your statement, If DW4 was still in college, his numbers would have been just as high or higher than white boy Trevor Lawrence!!!!

Just T-Nettin, didn't mean to offend......

Jun 16, 2020, 2:31 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: Just T-Nettin, didn't mean to offend......

Jun 17, 2020, 10:28 PM

NO NEED to apologize for that comment. You are only thinking out loud.....

Will be the beginning of the end of the game we love so much***

Jun 16, 2020, 1:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will be the beginning of the end of the game we love so much***

Jun 16, 2020, 1:32 PM

I am a Clemson lifer, die hard supporter, alumni.....We have seen the best days of true college football before our eyes here in Clemson. Four trips to the Natty, 2 Championships, etc. I hope everyone has enjoyed the innocence of college football, Dabo Swinney, College Athletics, Athletic Departments etc. The whole landscape is be changing right before our eyes. Don't blink or it will be gone sooner than later. This has become a big money game and us consistent supporters of the Clemson Alumni Association, IPTAY, Clemson Fund, etc will be kicked to the curb and forgotten about. Last time I checked, our donations and support are the reason these student athletes have an opportunity to come to the special place we call Clemson. Don't forget that please....In Clemson We Trust.

Re: Will be the beginning of the end of the game we love so much***

Jun 16, 2020, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Will be the beginning of the end of the game we love so much*** ]

And so goes our nation...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He won't be the first millionaire Clemson football player!***

Jun 16, 2020, 2:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 10:35 PM

Will their football scholarships (which they were able to receive by playing CU football) be offset by their social media and endorsement earnings (which they were able to receive by playing CU football) ???

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic