Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Exchanged couple of e-mails with a guy that works @ OU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 2,780

Exchanged couple of e-mails with a guy that works @ OU

Jun 27, 2012, 1:42 PM

sports info.....he stated latest rumors are FSU & Louisville as he feels that a B12 championship game is needed to help sway the upcoming new committee. I asked what about Clemson because would seem we bring more value than Louisville. He agreed and said he was all for FSU & CU but said the rumor around there is that Clemson has backed out. He was pretty honest - said he wasn't 100% on any of it because everything is crazy right now but he said that is what is swirling around OU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CU is dragging its feet and will cost us ....***

Jun 27, 2012, 1:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it won't cost us.. All we have to do

Jun 27, 2012, 1:48 PM

Is win where we are and we'll be fine. I don't want to hear this crap about "well if we had 2 losses in the B12 we might could still get in" because if we have 2 losses, I don't care where we are we're not good enough to win the NC anyway and we don't deserve to be in.

The ACC without FSU loses perceived credibility.

Jun 27, 2012, 1:51 PM

That is fact.

I tell you what else is fact...

Jun 27, 2012, 1:52 PM

I don't care who's in or who leaves the ACC.. We win all 12 games and the conference championship, we're GOING to be in the playoff and if you really think a 13-0 ACC team wouldn't get in, you've lost your mind.

All we have to do is worry about winning.. Quit hoping to back our way into this thing.. Be a big boy and win all your games and deserve to be there.

Money is the issue. If FSU leaves and we are left, then

Jun 27, 2012, 1:58 PM

the ACC LOSES MONEY...leaves us with less leverage for TV revenue, etc. It is not all about the W/L's...it is about getting the revenue to achieve the W/L's. Not saying we should leave idiot...just saying we should if we need to.

Oh wow....

Jun 27, 2012, 2:02 PM

You feel like a big boy calling somebody an idiot on a message board?? Good for you pumkin..

I'm not saying we should leave or stay either, all I'm saying is win your #### games and you don't have anything to worry about. There will be a seat for you at the table.

And if you're so worried about money, how far are we behind the SEC in money now??? Do they recruit that much better than us?? No. Do they have better facilities than we do?? No. Do they win their games?? Yes.. Wonder why they're the darling's of college footbalL?? It's because they win when they're supposed to. The difference between us and them right now? We do not.

We win the games we're supposed to win, and we take care of our busieness, our place will be set at the table.

so if fsu leaves you think we will be able to recruit the

Jun 27, 2012, 2:06 PM

state of florida like we are now??

there's no doubt it would be a challenge...also ESPN

Jun 27, 2012, 2:11 PM

is going to come a knockin and say...ACC that deal you just signed with us....it's no longer valid because you're largest tv audience just left the building.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unfortunately winning doesn't care of the revenue problem

Jun 27, 2012, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Oh wow.... ]

for Clemson. Let's say we win all our games...yes we get into the playoff....obviously great. But unfortunately that doesn't impact tv revenue which is the area we are lacking the most. TV revenue isn't going to change until the entire conference starts playing better. So in order for the revenue pot to grow you're depending upon schools that haven't invested in football in their past history to start doing that and winning. It's like living in a bad neighborhood and you're the only one cutting your grass and keeping your yard/house in order. Sure your house looks great but if you're trying to sell it it's going to be hard because your neighbors are a mess. We're in a bad neighborhood.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You attacked me out of nowhere for my opinion. Sorry if

Jun 27, 2012, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Oh wow.... ]

idiot offended you...should not have stated it...

However you are indeed ignoring the revenue side of things.

a Ninja he is....

Jun 27, 2012, 2:35 PM

out of nowhere!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please enlighten me as to how I started anything...

Jun 27, 2012, 4:44 PM [ in reply to You attacked me out of nowhere for my opinion. Sorry if ]

Especially by calling you a name..

Re: I tell you what else is fact...

Jun 27, 2012, 2:10 PM [ in reply to I tell you what else is fact... ]

I'd love that but what's the likelyhood of us going 13-0. Even 12-1 for us is a push....maybe more likley if playing in a deluted ACC without FSU.

Plus - what about the $$$.....this $550 million each year this playoff is going to produce...seems that the 4 teams that get in will be sharing some of that $$$ with teams in their conference - something else we will never see in the ACC.

Re: The ACC without FSU loses perceived credibility.

Jun 27, 2012, 2:27 PM [ in reply to The ACC without FSU loses perceived credibility. ]

Our big conference game in our division will be against NCSU. I'm pumped.

I disagree.....if FSU does bolt and we stay, I think even

Jun 27, 2012, 1:51 PM [ in reply to No, it won't cost us.. All we have to do ]

an unbeaten team in such a weak ACC would get passed over by any 1 loss team in the other 4 major conferences. The odds of us going unbeaten are very unlikely....so, even a 1 or 2 loss CU team IMO has not shot in being in the final 4. I think staying won't hurt as bad as long as FSU stays but who knows if they will or not. Seems pretty certain we are staying put.

When I think of cost I think of money.***

Jun 27, 2012, 1:58 PM [ in reply to No, it won't cost us.. All we have to do ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, it won't cost us.. All we have to do

Jun 27, 2012, 2:19 PM [ in reply to No, it won't cost us.. All we have to do ]

The problem is with one loss in the ACC we have zero shot and with one loss in the Big 12 we most likely have a good shot of getting into the top 4.(if the loss is a good one and early in the season of course) All things being equal, and if we are good enough to be considered for a national title we need to say we beat someone other than Georgia Tech on the way to an undefeated season. IF Florida State goes to the Big 12 we might not get a shot with an undefeated season.

I personally don't think any club has a shot with two losses so don't know where that argument is coming from but with one loss the Big 12 is much easier to still be in contention than the weak ACC.

Go find a loser team to root for, please.

Jun 27, 2012, 2:41 PM [ in reply to No, it won't cost us.. All we have to do ]

If you've given up on Clemson, please LEAVE!

Re: Go find a loser team to root for, please.

Jun 27, 2012, 4:42 PM

I don't think anyone has given up on Clemson. Different people just have different ways of looking at things !!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CU is dragging its feet and will cost us ....***

Jun 27, 2012, 2:06 PM [ in reply to CU is dragging its feet and will cost us ....*** ]

all we need to do is concentrate on winning! if we dont lose but 1 or go undefeated we will get into the championship 4, if not we or no one else should expect to be there. the whole reason for having a playoff is to get the best 4 teams and have a champ decided on the field and no where else. people are trying to back in to the action and pray for an upset otherwise. just win and if we get a chance to go to another conference and make more money go and get away from a conference that is on the way down. you have to have money to be competitive. imo we have to go to another conference if we are invited.

He's pretty honest about the rumor du jour? Good to know. ****

Jun 27, 2012, 1:47 PM

null

If this ends up being true and FSU leaves the ACC and we

Jun 27, 2012, 1:57 PM

are stranded in the ACC then everyone in charge at Clemson should be fired.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finally, someone step up and takes york's mantle.***

Jun 27, 2012, 2:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your OU contact is mistaken.....

Jun 27, 2012, 2:37 PM

Clemson has not backed-out and Louisville is NOT in the mix.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

and your contact is not mistaken?

Jun 27, 2012, 2:39 PM

juss checkin

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

I don't think so***

Jun 27, 2012, 2:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'm tired of hearing the big 4.The Pac 12 is no better than

Jun 27, 2012, 2:55 PM [ in reply to and your contact is not mistaken? ]

the ACC.

true that but

Jun 27, 2012, 3:03 PM

they have Souther Cal so even being led by bozo Kiffin it is perceived to be better

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do not worry about the playoff, follow the money

Jun 27, 2012, 4:52 PM

if CU is spending 20+ million less than the SEC schools it will kill the program (see the last 3 years)

Relax --

Jun 28, 2012, 12:23 AM

the "guy who works at OU" has no more knowlege or insight on this issue than any of us on T-Net. Folks -- If and when FSU bolts the ACC, Clemson will follow and vice-versa.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 2,780
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic