Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
That Whole HB2 issue was an Obama Admin led effort to....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

That Whole HB2 issue was an Obama Admin led effort to....

Dec 1, 2016, 11:43 AM

Effect the General election because they knew North Carolina would be a major battleground state. Those of you who believe otherwise are naive.

I, personally, stand with McCrory on this item. He just happened to be the poor guy that had to deal with such a ridiculous left wing effort.

Also, the NCAA and ACC leadership need to quit pandering to the special interest groups.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beat Virginia Tech***

Dec 1, 2016, 11:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

nope

Dec 1, 2016, 11:46 AM

but I do agree that the ACC and NCAA should stay out of it.

Go away. No politics over here.***

Dec 1, 2016, 11:47 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so dumb***

Dec 1, 2016, 12:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

President Obama is an inspiration for many Clemson players_

Dec 1, 2016, 12:32 PM

past, present and future.

It baffles me why some folks think it is in Clemson's best interest to denigrate President Obama on this sports forum.

Many Clemson fans got very upset last Saturday with "racist" allegations against Clemson. The under tones to the original post can give the wrong appearance. Perhaps that is not the intent - but things are taken out of context. At an individual level, perception can become reality.

Every person's has the right to their political opinions. It is unfortunate that some folks see the need to bring their politics to this sports Board - especially stated in a way that can easily be misconstrued.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: President Obama is an inspiration for many Clemson players_

Dec 1, 2016, 12:35 PM

exactly

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

So why let politics dictate venue change?

Dec 1, 2016, 12:41 PM [ in reply to President Obama is an inspiration for many Clemson players_ ]

Sports should be free of politics. And yes this was an effort to influence the election. Might have backfired.

On to football....go tigers.

Re: President Obama is an inspiration for many Clemson players_

Dec 1, 2016, 12:43 PM [ in reply to President Obama is an inspiration for many Clemson players_ ]

http://thefederalist.com/2016/07/13/how-obama-left-us-more-racially-divided-than-ever/

So, Obama influenced liberals in the NC General Assembley

Dec 1, 2016, 12:45 PM

to lead the charge to get HB2 passed to make NC far right conservatives look like morons.

You're right, and it worked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but it's undeniable that he's leading the transgender...

Dec 2, 2016, 2:08 PM

charge. Some of the stuff he's done with schools using Title IX to claim that perceived gender identity is protected is major overreach. HB2 is the kind of response that should be expected to that kind of extremism, exemplified by the Charlotte Mayor and board.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, just as I stated above.***

Dec 2, 2016, 2:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

(soon to be former) Gov. McCrory lost his home county

Dec 1, 2016, 1:12 PM

by a huge margin

294,880 - 159,217 63.3% to 34.2%

appears he is no longer popular in the city where he was Mayor

http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/governor/north-carolina/

HB2 is a bad law.

Dec 1, 2016, 1:44 PM

The overreach in this law is almost comical. Under the guise of protecting children in bathrooms from trans predators (which doesn't happen), they snuck in provisions to restrict minimum wage increases, and prevent new anti-discrimination regulations at the local level.

This has zero, zip, nada to do with the Obama administration. It's entirely about NC republicans limiting the ability of cities like Charlotte to govern themselves, under a headline of fabricated threats toward children.

Message was edited by: ATLOrange®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those all sound like good things

Dec 2, 2016, 2:06 PM

Also, it doesn't "prevent new anti-discrimination regulations at the local level," it just prevents them from going beyond the state anti-discrimination law. That should be welcome for people who don't want to be burdened with the threat of lawsuits for protecting people's privacy in sex separate facilities, or for not referring to people by their preferred pronoun.

This has zero, zip, nada to do with protecting transgendered people. It's entirely about Charlotte Democrats forcing their values on everyone else, under a headline of fabricated threats toward LGBT people.

When I travel through NC I identify as a female, mainly so I

Dec 2, 2016, 3:09 PM

can play from the red tees.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic