Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Morris on 4th and 1 call vs FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,263

Football Update: Morris on 4th and 1 call vs FSU

Sep 26, 2011, 11:53 AM

Morris on 4th and 1 call vs FSU

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

simple and to the point...

Sep 26, 2011, 11:54 AM

love the quote

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Wow, that's insightful analysis. Great inside scoop there.***

Sep 26, 2011, 11:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Wow, that's insightful analysis. Great inside scoop there.***

Sep 26, 2011, 12:07 PM

Sense a touch of sarcasm. Why would you want to go into detail about the play call. You may need to make that decision down the road again and don'w want your opponents to know your thought process.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes it was sarcasm, and it was just aimed at the quote and

Sep 26, 2011, 12:10 PM

response. As a side note, I loved it and am happy to have Chad here. Just wanted to make a joke as to posting an update with such a short quote :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Football Update: Morris on 4th and 1 call vs FSU

I had absolutely no problem with the call. If we get it the game is over. If we attempt a field goal there is way too much bad that can happen. In that situation I will take our D over our kicker any day of the week.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does he have any kids?

just wondering if he'd adopt me...yeah, i'm 32 and have pretty cool parents already, but I'd say those are just little speedbumps really...

Re: Football Update: Morris on 4th and 1 call vs FSU

Sep 26, 2011, 11:56 AM

I like that answer. Thank you... no coach speak.

Good decision to go for it but the wrong play call IMO

Sep 26, 2011, 11:58 AM

The FSU defrense was sitting on that toss sweep.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

yeah but they were sitting on it twice before and we got 1yd

Sep 26, 2011, 11:59 AM

both times

Missed blocks

Sep 26, 2011, 12:03 PM

After watching the play a few times on DVR last night we had the play set up properly but Brandon Ford completely missed his block and his player made the tackle. If he would have gotten even a hand on him I think the play would have had a great chance of working.

Re: Good decision to go for it but the wrong play call IMO

Sep 26, 2011, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Good decision to go for it but the wrong play call IMO ]

4th and 1 when you're just wanting to extend the play and kill clock requires power football. I'm loving how all parts of the Offense is coming together...but we have to be able to run power downs. Do we not have any faith in Chad D to pick up a yard?

Re: Good decision to go for it but the wrong play call IMO

Sep 26, 2011, 10:07 PM

Did you forget the 9plus minute drive against Auburn?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liking this guy more and more ...

Sep 26, 2011, 12:01 PM

... no BS, no hemming and hawing, just straight answers.

He is so very correct. The call was a good one based upon

Sep 26, 2011, 12:06 PM

how FSU was lined up. Both of the missed blocks (#80 & # 30)had great angles to make the play successful...if they made the blocks. If you have a chance watch it on your DVD/etc. and play it in slow motion. It was a good call, but poor execution.

I hate the situation that forced us to make that call

Sep 26, 2011, 1:11 PM

But I agree it was the right call, even though it gave me major heartburn thinking about it. We were too far away for a field goal from a shaky kicker that FSU would have pulled out all the stops to block. Better to try for the 1st down and run out the clock. It was absolutely the best call.

However, i think the play selection sucked. As soon as Boyd pitched the ball I knew they weren't going to make it.

Correct indeed, but I would argue ...

Sep 26, 2011, 1:14 PM

There were AT LEAST 3 missed blocks on that play.

Watch the ESPN3 replay and at about the 3:25:30 mark notice how (note: Names & numbers of our guys left off to protect the not-quite-innocent):

We completely whiffed on their #1. This ensured that Ellington would not be able to get to the edge (not that the play was supposed to go outside, but there was no chance of getting outside after the air block).

Their #7 tossed our guy to the side like a rag doll. IMO this was the biggest reason the play didn't work.

Our lineman missed his block on their #93. Ellington *may* have had a chance to cut it back inside if that block had been made. Doubtful, but at least he would've had a chance.

On the positive side, it was an excellent block by D. Allen. He drove his guy halfway up The Hill.

I like the decision to go for it AND the call, but the execution just wasn't there.

In hindsight, the look of confidence on Trickett's face as they took the field after the stop is priceless. He just knew they were going to march down for the winning TD. Sorry Clint. Maybe next time.

Am I the only one that would have kicked the FG?***

Sep 26, 2011, 1:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Already missed a STRAIGHT on , near chip shot.

Sep 26, 2011, 1:25 PM

And missed it VERY badly ! ! !

I wouldn't have even considered a FG attempt. Would have been a 40 yarder from the hash, I think ? ? ?

And like a previous post - the 'holes woulda come in an ALL OUT push to block.

Right call, right to EXPECT our guys to make it happen, bad execution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Also, Isn't Zimmerman our holder for field goals?

Sep 26, 2011, 1:28 PM

He was injured at the time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Also, Isn't Zimmerman our holder for field goals?

Sep 26, 2011, 2:35 PM

No. Benton is.

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,263
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic