Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saw someone die on a crotch rocket a little while ago.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 554

Saw someone die on a crotch rocket a little while ago.

Nov 2, 2018, 2:19 PM

I had to hurl after EMS arrived. Motorcycles are dumb af.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How did it happen?

Nov 2, 2018, 2:29 PM

And yes I also think they are dumb AF. I’ll take my steel frame 4,600 pound vehicle w seat belts for protection over a bike.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used to own a motorcyle (HD Softtail Deuce) and loved

Nov 2, 2018, 2:30 PM

riding. I gave it up after a close friend got killed on one because the other driver didn't see him. Not worth the risk, especially with the $hitty drivers on the roads these days.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I grew up riding. Girl pulled out in front of me in Clemson

Nov 2, 2018, 3:44 PM

at the entrance to univeristy ridge. I was coming up from downtown and she was in a gold Honda Accord. She looked at me, looked the other way and looked at me again.........and pulled right out in front of me.

I anticipated so was not going fast, I laid it down on the street and stepped off. Broke the motor mount where the crash bar mounted.

Last time I was ever on a motorcycle.

That would have been 1987-88

two years later a good friend died in a one bike accident.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not wearing helmets in SC makes it all the more bad!

Nov 2, 2018, 2:32 PM

and stupid!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

similarly, i rode a dirt bike for the first time in my life

Nov 2, 2018, 2:44 PM

3 weeks ago. I'm 31. I got too comfortable too quick. I was turning around and gonna go get my wife to ride with me, got going a little too fast and instincts of riding a bike (right side hand brake is rear brake on bike its the FRONT brake on the dirt bike). I went flying over the handle bars at 20+ miles an hour. Hit and hurt my head, shoulder, hip, ankle, and pride. I am very lucky i didnt break my hip. i'm very sore still. mainly, it made me realize A. motorized 2 wheel vehicles are stupid and B. i'm getting old and things hurt worse and for longer periods of time nowadays

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

more importantly, how's the bike***

Nov 2, 2018, 3:01 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Re: similarly, i rode a dirt bike for the first time in my life

Nov 2, 2018, 3:16 PM [ in reply to similarly, i rode a dirt bike for the first time in my life ]

31 old! LOL!

Yeah, rode bikes all my life and had 750 for couple years. Sold it and then had nightmares. Convinced my son they were bad ideer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saw someone die on a crotch rocket a little while ago.

Nov 2, 2018, 4:38 PM

Eff that man. I am always scared when I see one being an idiot and riding between 80mph traffic and cutting in and out. I always think I am going to see the same.

Helmet off = closed casket
Helmet on = open casket

That’s how I feel about motorcycles.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

***soccerkrzy has marked himself safe on the Tigernet app***

Nov 2, 2018, 4:42 PM

It wasn't me!

That said, my bike is at my friend's house and finally going to start getting it repaired over the winter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: ***soccerkrzy has marked himself safe on the Tigernet app***

Nov 2, 2018, 4:54 PM

A crotch rocket fits your MO. Small penizz and low self esteem. You probably troll Broughton High school or Crabtree Valley on the weekends.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool, thanks. Idiot.***

Nov 2, 2018, 5:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cool, thanks. Idiot.***

Nov 2, 2018, 5:08 PM

Thanks for the TD. You are too easy to troll.

I gotcha babe.***

Nov 2, 2018, 5:10 PM

watched a motorcycle wreck myself Tuesday.

Nov 2, 2018, 5:59 PM

I was traveling 60 in a 45 which is standard. he passed me and went down a hill out of my sight. I topped the hill heading down just in time to see him approaching just moving traffic to fast. He brake checked himself and down he and the bike went. he was flipping snd sliding across the ground as was his bike. he got up and ran to his bike which had slid probably 100 feet more. another motorist and myself stopped, picked his bike up. I asked do you need an ambulance are you ok. His clothes were shredded but I didn't see any blood. He just looked at me and said I dont know. Amazingly he nor his bike hit anything else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Murdercycles

Nov 2, 2018, 7:36 PM

Is what my nurse grandmother called them...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Old dude I used to work with called mopeds...

Nov 2, 2018, 7:51 PM

Liquor-cycles.

Cycle pronounced like sickle, as in bicycle.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 554
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic