Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"The more things change, the more they stay the same"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,189

"The more things change, the more they stay the same"

Nov 27, 2018, 11:36 AM

12-0 and still, the "Pumper" vs. "Dumper" argument emerges.

I say get on board this train or go somewhere else and get run over by it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "The more things change, the more they stay the same"

Nov 27, 2018, 11:38 AM

A "dumper" can either by thrown away or used as fertilizer.

You make your guess on which way Dabo is planning to go.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dabo situation is weird.

Nov 27, 2018, 11:45 AM

1) I get where he is coming from. He has put his heart and soul into this University for 16 years, 10 as HC. Under his leadership, ARGUABLY the best period in Clemson Football history (yet). He may feel like if his efforts are going to not be appreciated, he has proved that he could have any job in America today.

2) He has been around CFB enough, at 2 places that are likely to not run short on idiots, BAMA & Clemson, that he should let that stuff run off his back like water off a duck. For all, we know it was idiot Coots between 8-balls, orgies, and funneling moonshine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think its really odd at all

Nov 27, 2018, 11:49 AM

Of course he knows that the viewpoint he was responding to was in the vast minority. But it gave him the chance to squash it, and in so doing rally behind the team and get the fans to do the same, all while getting to list this team's accomplishments and shine a light on them.

Well calculated on his part. That dude is smart and knows how to play with soundbites and media.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think its really odd at all

Nov 27, 2018, 12:18 PM

If Dabo does anything on accident, he has me fooled.

I don't think the timing or the message was simply an emotional response. It was very calculated.

Re: I don't think its really odd at all

Nov 27, 2018, 12:59 PM

Partly calculated to motivate his team, no doubt. Where Coach V will discuss how disappointed of his defense he is, Coach Swinney does it by getting the fans involved. He knows if the fans are riled up his team is riled up. This is why he goes to the fans more than any other coach out there. Look over the last few years. Pizza party or how many times has he challenged the fans and students to show up to the game and give their support? He's a excellent salesman (Masters in Business) and has everyone pointing fingers at the few that are not happy with the 21 point win. My bet he's not happy either and his players have heard it from his assistant coaches (Defense). Go tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

silly kea

Nov 27, 2018, 1:14 PM [ in reply to The Dabo situation is weird. ]

coots can't afford a coke habit on a dominoes salary

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,189
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic