Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can we please stop referring to things such as
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Can we please stop referring to things such as

Nov 16, 2014, 5:49 PM

We're an elite program when clearly we are a top 50 program and that's it. Don't forget we play in the weak ACC sdo we've got many gift wins each year.
We're loaded with talent or will be with the new class coming in. Forget it, sure we've got decent talent but seems to me most Tiger fans fail to see that many other teams have players just as good as ours and in many cases better
Quit complaining about beating the Coots. We've had a couple of chances but we get out coached and out gamed by them. I'd love nothing more than to lay a big one on them this year but that train left the station yesterday
Chad Morris is a brilliant offensive coach. Really, if he's so great why no other offers for OC let alone HC. IMO opinion he can't be gone quick enough. So I guess this board doesn't think that the opponent coaches have caught up to his brand of bubble screen football.
Statement: This program is in a state of disarray and when all the horses are in the barn, the CEO, Dabo must take responsibility for it. For example, the supposed poor OL was not recruited by people from outer space. Fact is Clemson fans are simply not tough enough to demand excellence and if it's not produced, make needed changes. Yes, I know we've had some successes last year or 2 but that does not a program make.
Finally, so we are clear, this has nothing to do about our coaches on a personal basis, their belief systems, or their work ethics rather is has to do with RESULTS. Any staff that did not have the 3rd string QB ready and waited until the game was darn near over before pulling Cole, does not belong coaching at this level. It's as plain as the noses on our faces. Cole is hurt and can't throw the ball with any velocity let alone accuracy. How pray tell could these coaches not see that?
If you can't answer in a serious way, please don't waste my or your time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only if U and those like U stop pretending to be CU fans.

Nov 16, 2014, 5:53 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/What-happened-Clemsons-depth-Its-numbers-13261

Well said. There are MANY like that here.***

Nov 16, 2014, 6:13 PM

Re: Can we please stop referring to things such as

Nov 16, 2014, 5:54 PM

Did your grandaughter's soccer team lose again? You have been quiet as the Tigers were winning. Now you want to pontificate because you have coached rec soccer? I hope she at least scored.

Nov 16, 2014, 5:57 PM

go back in your hole!

Nov 16, 2014, 5:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, if you'll start working in a little white space.***

Nov 16, 2014, 5:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

signer,.... Jesse Palmer***

Nov 16, 2014, 5:58 PM

Nov 16, 2014, 5:59 PM

Seriously man, go pull for the #### lovers. if you want to see a program in disarray go down to Cootumbia.

There is no reason you deserve to call yourself a fan.

Cole sucks monkey balls

Nov 16, 2014, 6:00 PM

rather you want the answer or not loser. Also read the first line of your blah blah and stopped, cause it's all blah blah

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell em coot***

Nov 16, 2014, 6:00 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Calling all cars...we have a possible jumper!***

Nov 16, 2014, 6:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 6:01 PM

Nice try coot. Quit wasting yours and ours

Top 50?

Nov 16, 2014, 6:02 PM

I challenge you to name 25 programs that have had more success than us in the last 5 years. We aren't very good this year, but not many teams are. We're still a top 20 program IMO.

Re: Top 50?

Nov 16, 2014, 6:07 PM

psycho: you are certainly entitled to your opinion but I disagree that is my right also. Facts are on my side.

Okay, then name 25 teams who have been better the last

Nov 16, 2014, 6:12 PM

5 years. Still waiting...

Talks like a dubarse coot but can't be because "tiger"

Nov 16, 2014, 6:03 PM

is in his name

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would you even ask a question if you already believe

Nov 16, 2014, 6:04 PM

you have all of the answers ?

Perhaps you will get some TU from the like-minded absentees and that will bring you some happiness.

I hope so, for your sake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 6:08 PM

> We're an elite program when clearly we are a top 50
> program and that's it. Don't forget we play in the
> weak ACC sdo we've got many gift wins each year.

No, we were a program that won 10 games in 2011, 11 in 2012, and 11 again in 2013. Along the way, we beat perennial Top-10 powers like Georgia, LSU, and Ohio State. This is not the mark of a "merely Top 50 program". As far as the ACC being a garbage conference, that's invective, and not backed up by facts. The ACC got a bad rep because there really wasn't a true Top-10 power team for much of the BCS era; both us and FSU were busy suffering under the Bowdens at that point; by then Papa Bowden was pretty much past it and Tommy never was that good. Only VT did much of anything on the national scene for a number of years, and they were a hard-nosed team that won with D and special teams and guys like Michael Vick running around. But stats - the so-called "F" ratings - indicate the ACC is dramatically underrated, by almost 3 spots a team, due to perception just like this.

> We're loaded with talent or will be with the new
> class coming in. Forget it, sure we've got decent
> talent but seems to me most Tiger fans fail to see
> that many other teams have players just as good as
> ours and in many cases better

Our recruiting class is ranked in the top five by just about everybody, and is ranked #3 by ESPN. We've been scoring Top-15 classes year after year. As far as this year goes, we have 4-star-talent just about everywhere except the OL. We missed, badly, on the OL in Dabo's first several years. Fortunately that's been addressed.

> Quit complaining about beating the Coots. We've had a
> couple of chances but we get out coached and out
> gamed by them. I'd love nothing more than to lay a
> big one on them this year but that train left the
> station yesterday

Not gonna argue. But I would note that the Coots have had a monster D-line - which they no longer have - and a monster OL, which is all about to either graduate or jump early to the NFL. The Gamecocks themselves have been a Top-10 program for the last 3-4 years as well. Like us, they're having a down year.

> Chad Morris is a brilliant offensive coach. Really,
> if he's so great why no other offers for OC let alone
> HC. IMO opinion he can't be gone quick enough. So I
> guess this board doesn't think that the opponent
> coaches have caught up to his brand of bubble screen
> football.

He's had a number of potential offers. Texas Tech and NC State both wanted him and a number of other programs have interviewed. He's got a reputation as being a very tough interviewee - he does as much interviewing of the programs in question as the other way around - and wants control of a number of issues, including support staff. Minus those guarantees, which haven't been forthcoming, he hasn't seemed interested.

> Statement: This program is in a state of disarray and
> when all the horses are in the barn, the CEO, Dabo
> must take responsibility for it. For example, the
> supposed poor OL was not recruited by people from
> outer space. Fact is Clemson fans are simply not
> tough enough to demand excellence and if it's not
> produced, make needed changes. Yes, I know we've had
> some successes last year or 2 but that does not a
> program make.

As I noted above, we've won 10+ games three straight years. That's not a "year or two". This year we're 7-3, and have the #3 recruiting class in the country coming in...we've been incredibly unlucky on the injury front. And I'm in agreement the OL recruiting was poor. This new OL class is absolutely loaded, though, starting with the #1 OT in the country, Mitch Hyatt. It appears this shortcoming is being addressed...albeit a day late and a dollar short to do us any good this year.

> Finally, so we are clear, this has nothing to do
> about our coaches on a personal basis, their belief
> systems, or their work ethics rather is has to do
> with RESULTS. Any staff that did not have the 3rd
> string QB ready and waited until the game was darn
> near over before pulling Cole, does not belong
> coaching at this level. It's as plain as the noses on
> our faces. Cole is hurt and can't throw the ball with
> any velocity let alone accuracy. How pray tell could
> these coaches not see that?

And go to who? Schuessler hadn't taken any reps with the 1st team and maybe not even with the 2nd team. You don't just lose two QB's in a game and get anything out of your third stringer cold off the bench...if you're in that much trouble, you're pretty much hosed anyhow. We'll see if Schuessler's any good this week...with a week of 1st-team reps under his belt.

> If you can't answer in a serious way, please don't
> waste my or your time.

Uh, okay.

Who would have known the coots and dumbarses fair weathers

Nov 16, 2014, 6:09 PM

would come out of the woodwork after we lose the game and our starting qb and the coots won a game. Not me, I would have neve expected every moron from charleston to north carolina to come here after yesterday.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic