Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Tigers fall to Tennesse on Sunday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

BKB Update: Tigers fall to Tennesse on Sunday

Nov 5, 2017, 4:35 PM

Tigers fall to Tennesse on Sunday

CLEMSON, S.C. — Both the Clemson and Tennessee basketball programs came together on Sunday, Nov. 5 to benefit the Salvation Army’s hurricane relief efforts in a Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BKB Update: Tigers fall to Tennesse on Sunday

Oct 1, 2021, 11:58 AM

SSDD. Is it Baseball season yet?

Nov 5, 2017, 4:49 PM

Sorry but the Tigers will need to do way better than this. This year is HUGE for the basketball team. This will either be THE year the Tigers pull it together or it will be the beginning of a rebuild. I just don't think the Tigers can afford to fall on their face this season or it could be a long time before Tiger basketball becomes relevant. I am truly nervous for this team this year. There are no mulligans if they want the fan support. Any sign of this thing falling apart and it could get ugly quick. But I am trying to stay positive and behind this team to do some good things this year. Go Tigers!!!!!!

Nov 5, 2017, 4:53 PM

Marquise Reed is a baller, and combined with Shelton Mitchell they are a great guard duo.

That being said, we will be at a severe size disadvantage all year, especially if Thomas struggles with foul trouble (and he is only 6'9" at that). If he is off the court we are stuck playing two forwards really.

Donnal transferred from Michigan to play more minutes, and he really isn't a post player. Skara hasn't proven anything, and Simms/William are freshman. Grantham is long but has proven he does not like the post and wants to shoot the 3. Lack of a big man will be rough going, Robertin wasn't that great but his size alone would have helped for depth.

We will see how the year goes, we will need to employ some small ball strategies and will not be a good rebounding team. Will need the three point ball to drop a good bit to be successful. GO TIGERS

Message was edited by: aclemfan48®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And right on cue...

Nov 5, 2017, 5:13 PM

...Donte Grantham disappears.

Nov 5, 2017, 5:43 PM

I'm glad it wasn't part of season good way to gauge where we are against another power 5 team without hurting the record. Is Tennessee suppose to be good, bad, ok? Idk how they are currently doing in bball.

shot less than 30% for most of the game

Nov 5, 2017, 5:48 PM

final was 36% after making some shots late...tough to win that way, even if you only allow the other team to shoot 42%

Donall looks to be a decent spot up 3 shooter but does not have a quick release

have to have more from Grantham and Thomas

Sara started but only played 8 minutes...Reed started the 2nd half

Nov 5, 2017, 5:59 PM

Not big on preseason projections but the vols are picked 13th in a 14 team league. Hopefully this was all for charity and not really a game game...

Not a good sign though. Agree with the first post. SSDD.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 7:28 PM

Thought I saw a comment by CBB that they could've used Skara last year due to above avg defensive skills. Since he played just 8 mins against UT, guess he's not needed this season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Good thing it was a practice game eh ?

Nov 5, 2017, 8:01 PM

That's why its called "practice". Learn from the practice, see what needs to be worked on, and get better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so when will we see the results from the new building***

Nov 5, 2017, 9:16 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully when the season starts.******

Nov 5, 2017, 9:21 PM

Re: so when will we see the results from the new building***

Nov 6, 2017, 8:43 AM [ in reply to so when will we see the results from the new building*** ]

When Zion commits.

Nov 6, 2017, 8:44 AM

It’s an exhibition game, people. Take it with a large grain of salt.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic