Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson is going to have a problem if...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Clemson is going to have a problem if...

Oct 7, 2018, 9:52 AM

Alabama, ND, UGA, and OSU all finish the season as undefeated conference champions.

Facts are facts, sorry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Clemson is going to have a problem if...***

Oct 7, 2018, 9:54 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 9:57 AM

Both Bama and UGA cannot be undefeated, one would lose to the other in the SEC title game. Facts are Facts!!!

Didn't you know?

Oct 7, 2018, 10:01 AM

Both Georgia and Alabama are gonna make a truce at coin toss. Then, the game is gonna be a tie and they're gonna hold hands out of the field going to the playoffs.

Oct 7, 2018, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson is going to have a problem if...*** ]

^^^Found Juan^^^

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson is going to have a problem if...*** ]

Not necessarily. See, when one beats the other in the SECCG, it will be considered a “good” loss. Therefore, basically the same thing as a win. Remember, in the SEC, it just means more. Unless it’s a loss, then it doesn’t mean more. Get use to two SEC teams in the playoffs, it will be the norm and not the exception. SEC bias is legit, deserved or not.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Francis, lay off the sauce

Oct 7, 2018, 9:55 AM

Bama and UGA can’t both be Conf champs

Re: Clemson is going to have a problem if...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notre Dame CANNOT finish as an undefeated CONFERENCE CHAMP.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 10:03 AM

If ND , Clemson & OState finish undefeated along with Alabama and GA. The worry I have is if Bama and Ga play a close SECCG then the committee will have a very tough decision on who's out. One would think a 13-0 Clemson team would get the call over a ND team with no conference championship. It's my belief they will out Bama and Ga in with (1) lose to each other if it's close. One at (1)spot the other at (4)spot.

an immediate rematch of the SEC title ?

Oct 7, 2018, 10:05 AM

That would be stupid

You have been making sense lately.***

Oct 7, 2018, 10:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

And that is scary!??***

Oct 7, 2018, 10:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson is going to have a problem if... ]

If Bama,Clemson, Notre Dame, and Ohio State finish unbeaten that would leave Georgia out,no way a one loss team would get in.

Oct 7, 2018, 9:57 AM

That will be some BAAD Doo-Doo JuJu...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 9:58 AM

Agreed

Tell em coot

Oct 7, 2018, 10:04 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 10:00 AM

And kids, that is why you don’t smoke crack.

Oct 7, 2018, 10:00 AM

I see what you did there

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 10:01 AM

What conference is ND in? I don't think "undefeated conference champion" is an option for them seeing as how they opted out of the ACC for Football only.

Oct 7, 2018, 10:05 AM

Spot on. At least someone has the right perspective on this issue. I’m starting to think, TNET has lost its ever loving mind.

fortunately 2 of those teams can't finish as

Oct 7, 2018, 10:15 AM

undefeated conference champs. Crisis averted.

Oct 7, 2018, 10:20 AM

Alabama or Georgia will have to play each other in conference championship game. One will have a loss.

What happens if Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Ohio St, Michigan

Oct 7, 2018, 10:29 AM

West Virginia, and Texas all finish as 1-loss conference champions, including Clemson? ;)

I can't believe the number of people who took FM serious in

Oct 7, 2018, 10:29 AM

this post. One doesn't play a conference championship and two will probably have to play each other. Even a country guy from chesterfield can figure that out. SMH

Message was edited by: Go Tigers!!

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dog's will lose at LSU next week

Oct 7, 2018, 10:36 AM

We win out were in period . Remember the first playoff poll is not out . Don't listen to the pundits .

He always gets juan or moar.

Oct 7, 2018, 10:37 AM [ in reply to I can't believe the number of people who took FM serious in ]

Re: He always gets juan or moar.

Oct 7, 2018, 10:43 AM

Lol...that's quite a trick.

Groce***

Oct 7, 2018, 1:54 PM [ in reply to He always gets juan or moar. ]

Re: He always gets juan or moar.

Oct 7, 2018, 2:01 PM [ in reply to He always gets juan or moar. ]

I've heard of a belly laugh all my life but that's the first one I've seen. LOL

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Jawja is smart (which is axing a lot)...

Oct 7, 2018, 10:55 AM

They’ll lose to Allbarn so they can skip the SEC Championship Game, get an extra week of rest and game prep, and go into the CFP as the automatic #4 seed.

That’s what Bammer did last year and they easily won the Championship in OT. It just makes cents!!!

~JKB

Oct 7, 2018, 11:21 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Oct 7, 2018, 11:30 AM

The ACC has made so many concessions to ND that there's probably a stipulation somewhere that if they and an ACC team are both undefeated ND get any playoff spot.

Oct 7, 2018, 11:29 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC will, too....***

Oct 7, 2018, 1:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 2:00 PM

That's impossible. If ND is undefeated and Clemson is undefeated, they will play in the ACC championship game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 2:07 PM

How can ND play in the ACC conference championship game? They are not an ACC member for football. The game is between the winners of the Atlantic and Coastal Divisions.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 2:12 PM

Per the ACC - Orange Bowl contract, if the ACC champion is selected for the CFP, the Orange Bowl can take ND if ranked above other conference teams. So, if we win out we make the CFP as No 2 or 3 and play O310 St in the Cotton Bowl. The Orange Bowl takes ND and they play Alabama! UGA plays in the ChickFila Bowl.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 2:13 PM

Word on the street is that ND and OSU are joining the SEC and will also be eligible to participate in the CFP along with Bama and UGA. I expect the SEC to possibly win the NC again if this happens.

go LSU. this weekend.***

Oct 7, 2018, 2:24 PM

That would mean that ND beat us in the ACC championship.

Oct 7, 2018, 2:29 PM

By having one loss and losing the conference title game, we wouldn't deserve to be in the CFP.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 7, 2018, 2:42 PM

Absolutely dead on. If Both Alabama and Georgia are undefeated champs, Clemson will not get in. You can cash that check!!

serious question: how can nd finish as conference champion?

Oct 7, 2018, 2:50 PM

aren't they still independent in football?

Oct 7, 2018, 3:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic