Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mark Fields “sleep” celebration last night he did 2 or 3 times
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 5,514

Mark Fields “sleep” celebration last night he did 2 or 3 times

Jan 8, 2019, 9:26 PM

was directed at the Clemson sideline/coaches for them not playing him more often.

I’m glad he’s a Tiger and he certainly helped us win last night. However he seems to fall in the category of guys like Van Smith that are super salty to the coaches and university. It may be best for everyone that he’s no longer involved.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

link ?

Jan 8, 2019, 9:28 PM

or is this just opinion ?

He's better than Van. He didn't leave ,not get drafted and just might have created draft stock last night.

It’s from Van Smith’s twitter directly

Jan 8, 2019, 9:31 PM

https://twitter.com/prettypyrex23/status/1082748226585985024?s=21

The first guy tweeted that Mark was saying to Bama to go to sleep and he replied saying no, it’s to the coaches. Since he played with Mark for 3 years or so, he knows something we don’t.

So Van's opinion of what a guy

Jan 8, 2019, 9:33 PM

playing in a NCG that he should have been playing in ? LOL OK

Or maybe he's just talking about crap he doesn't know about

Jan 8, 2019, 9:53 PM [ in reply to It’s from Van Smith’s twitter directly ]

Re: It’s from Van Smith’s twitter directly

Jan 8, 2019, 10:08 PM [ in reply to It’s from Van Smith’s twitter directly ]

You do know that's more of a personal vendetta of Van than it is actually proving that's what Mark was doing? That's not the first time Van has posted acting like a child about players vs coaches...he did the same thing when Trevor beat KB for the job. I'm sure if Mark was really trying to be smart direct at the coaches, he wouldn't have stayed on the field. Venables wouldn't put up with that, I can assure you.

Let me give you a little news flash...Van thinks when he got injured and had to be replaced for a while, he wouldn't have to go back and reprove he should be the starter again when he came back after injury. You can tell he holds a little grudge for not just being handed his place back based on past merit. He thinks the coaches undervalued him by making him earn the spot back and expecting him to fight for it again if he returned the next season.

my thing is that I’m sure they are close friends...

Jan 8, 2019, 10:13 PM

but you may be right

Re: my thing is that I’m sure they are close friends...

Jan 8, 2019, 10:21 PM

He made it much clearer during the KB/TL fiasco... Even retweeted Demarre Kitt and Adrian Baker... You know, 2 other players that left the program with the "all about me" attitude. Trust me, it's a personal vendetta he's pushing is all that is. Unless you see Mark like or agree with his post, I wouldn't take it for anything beyond it's Van with his "entitlement" agenda yet again.

If you check Mark's retweets, it's Deshaun's he retweeted, not Van's...
https://mobile.twitter.com/mfii__?lang=en

Jan 8, 2019, 10:26 PM [ in reply to It’s from Van Smith’s twitter directly ]

Are we sure it's not just a continuation of the same "sleep" celebration that our guys were doing in the Fiesta Bowl two years ago?

Jan 8, 2019, 10:26 PM

Sorry, it was actually against South Carolina

Van Smith is stil butt hurt ...

Jan 8, 2019, 11:20 PM [ in reply to It’s from Van Smith’s twitter directly ]

from biting on OJ Howard's fake on the 50+ yard TD that about cost us the 2016 Natty, even after seeing them get us on the exact same play a year before. He needs to spend less time on Twitter and more time in the film room, assuming he's still trying to play football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mark Fields “sleep” celebration last night he did 2 or 3 times

Jan 8, 2019, 9:29 PM

He’s been hurt the majority of the season. And been in trouble so his sleep thing is null and voided. Stop looking so deep into stuff. He’s gone next year anyway.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

see above, it’s not looking too into things.

Jan 8, 2019, 9:32 PM

It’s all over with and it’s done, but I found it interesting.

see above, it’s not looking too into things.

Jan 8, 2019, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Mark Fields “sleep” celebration last night he did 2 or 3 times ]

It’s all over with and it’s done, but I found it interesting.

Glad we don't have to deal with it anymore***

Jan 8, 2019, 9:39 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2019, 9:45 PM

I totally missed something along the way. DW4 used to do the move and you can’t make a gesture like that at the other team or it’s taunting.

Seems like to me DW4 wouldn’t have retweet’s it and said something like my boy carrying it on... if it’s a gesture towards being salty at the coaches.

Whatever.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I first saw it, I did think it was directed to the coaches.

Jan 8, 2019, 10:02 PM

Mainly because he looked right at the bench and did it....and because he hasn’t played much if any meaningful snaps the second half of the year.

Deshaun does the move in a different context, which is weird to say and hard to explain. I don’t think there’s much of this to mean anything, just thought it was interesting.

I only thought it was directed at Bama

Jan 8, 2019, 10:04 PM

Jan 8, 2019, 9:55 PM

The team and coaching staff of record that goes out of their way to be loyal to upper classmen doesn’t just snub the guy. So what’s the back story? I saw it too and thought of DW. I thought he played lights out. I’d be curious if there was some sort of rub. Never heard any word of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd tend to think if his coaches thought it was directed at

Jan 8, 2019, 10:07 PM

them, they wouldn't have allowed him to go back out and do it multiple times?

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

Jan 8, 2019, 10:23 PM

Lol. He did it for “everyone who slept on him”. Wasn’t directed at anyone but the nay-sayers. The minute he came in, Anna Hickey of 247 immediately tweeted the fact that he is our “3rd string corner” and that he’s “never quite been able to put things together”, etc. Negative press and opinion is what leads to feelings and gestures like his... and quite honestly, he played INCREDIBLE last night. He swatted at least 3 of Tua’s passes and didn’t look rusty at all. Give praise, stop assuming.

Jan 8, 2019, 10:29 PM

You may be right. Would be interesting to ask him. Not sure why but for whatever reason I can’t imagine that was a negative towards the coaches. Idk, maybe I’m naive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 12:01 AM

Then again, maybe we are all over-analyzing it and it’s an inside thing between him and Deshaun, as DW4 used to do the same thing. He tweeted this at Mark just a few hours ago:

https://twitter.com/deshaunwatson/status/1082823693498228736?s=21

This is exactly what i think it was.

Jan 9, 2019, 9:27 AM

It was Watson's old celebration when he thought the game was over. Personally, i thought Frield's broke it out a little too soon though.

Jan 9, 2019, 12:10 AM

I assumed it was directed towards Bama. That would be really bizarre behavior to troll your own coaches in the Natty. I choose to see the positive and it was towards Bama.

Just know that there is no love lost between Fields and Dabo

Jan 9, 2019, 12:50 AM

Good riddance is an understatement.

Great talent with a dime store attitude. He’s been told as much. Doghouse because of it.

It'll be interesting to see if he buys Coot gear IF he gets

Jan 9, 2019, 9:03 AM

to the NFL. He may actually have a Clemson degree, but I don't think we ever completely coached the Coot out of him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It'll be interesting to see if he buys Coot gear IF he gets

Jan 9, 2019, 9:19 AM

It is what it is. He contributed to two national championship teams. Hopefully he got his degree and goes on to a successful NFL career.

DW4 used to do that and it was like a "lights out, game over

Jan 9, 2019, 9:24 AM

time to go to bed" type of thing. I don't see how gesture would have anything to do with Fields' playing time.

Re: DW4 used to do that and it was like a "lights out, game over

Jan 9, 2019, 9:27 AM

DW was standing on the sideline this game. It was a shout-out to him doing it not directed at our coaches.

Replies: 29
| visibility 5,514
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic