Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Need tickets? Have tickets to sell or a parking pass to trade?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

FB Update: Need tickets? Have tickets to sell or a parking pass to trade?

Aug 25, 2016, 11:07 AM

Need tickets? Have tickets to sell or a parking pass to trade?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Need tickets? Have tickets to sell or a parking pass to trade?

Aug 25, 2016, 11:11 AM

Thanks for the link. Can't believe some of the asking prices though... Someone is asking $330/each for lower level tix against Syracuse? They're still $184/each on 3rd party reseller sites... That's ridiculous.

Can't fleece someone if you don't try!***

Aug 25, 2016, 11:20 AM

Re: Can't fleece someone if you don't try!***

Aug 25, 2016, 11:23 AM

Lol. Nothing says team spirit like charging $200-over-cost to your Tiger brethren!

If only there was a system where everyone had an opportunity

Aug 25, 2016, 11:33 AM

to buy their own season tickets. I bet that would cut down on the number of posts throughout the season complaining about people selling tickets higher than face value.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

In the future, if I was you, which I'm not, I'd keep...

Aug 25, 2016, 11:36 AM

this sort of crazy thought to myself.

People will talk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If only there was a system where everyone had an opportunity

Aug 25, 2016, 12:00 PM [ in reply to If only there was a system where everyone had an opportunity ]

I smell sarcasm, go figure. You and I know it's impossible to buy season tickets in the lower section without giving a child to iptay or donating for 15 years but good point, kinda.

So you think people selling tickets for higher than face

Aug 25, 2016, 12:06 PM

are not only trying to get back what they paid for tickets to the game, but also trying to get back a percentage of their IPTAY donation allocated to the individual game as well? And is that wrong?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: So you think people selling tickets for higher than face

Aug 25, 2016, 12:19 PM

Listen man, no sense in arguing. You're missing the point. If the tickets are going for $184 on 3rd party sites, they shouldn't be $325 when its Clemson season ticket holder directly to Clemson fan, period. There's no middle man, ticketmaster fee, etc., and it's still $200 over cost? There's a show about this, it's on late at night most nights... It's called American Greed. If you're buying season tickets to "make money", you're already in a losing game to begin with. And of all the games, Syracuse isn't worth $1320 for 4 tickets. I don't care what section it's in. Sorry.

No, I think you're missing the point.

Aug 25, 2016, 1:15 PM

How many home games are there this year? 7?

So if someone donates $10,000 to Iptay to buy season tickets, their cost just on the donation is ~$1,428/game. Divide that by 4 tickets and the cost per seat is ~$350/game. And that's before they actually buy the tickets. So at $325/ticket you're getting a nice discount. That's not buying tickets to make money, they'll be taking a loss on their money.

Plus the market will dictate the price anyway.

Re: So you think people selling tickets for higher than face

Aug 25, 2016, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: So you think people selling tickets for higher than face ]

you said and I quote "I know it's impossible to buy season tickets in the lower section without giving a child to iptay or donating for 15 years"

So those folks that gave a lot of money for the opportunity to buy season tickets in the lower level shouldn't be able to recoup some of that upfront cost if they can??

You must be doing that bernie maff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

A mobile app would be awesome!

Aug 25, 2016, 11:19 AM

Glad to see you guys implementing new features for the ticket exchange. I've used it many times and never been let down.

Please, please, please let us see more than 10 at a time

Aug 25, 2016, 11:58 AM

Searching through ads 10 at a time takes forever, especially if you're looking for a particular feature (Section, parking lot, etc). Before today I could view 500 or 1000 ads at a time, now I have to slog through them in groups of 10. Please bring back the ability to see at least 50 at a time. Or provide some sort of search capability.

search by section is coming in the next day or 2!***

Aug 25, 2016, 1:57 PM

Awesome, thank you***

Aug 25, 2016, 2:04 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic