Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What were You thinking when Quick was running to win game?!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

What were You thinking when Quick was running to win game?!

Oct 12, 2014, 4:58 PM

I screamed out to GF that I knew it, I knew it and I knew having 1 minute on clock was dangerous...and my heart sank expecting a TD and not enough time for Clemson O to recover...and from nowhere came a fast as lightening Orange Savior!

Then, I "knew" they would still score from the 8 yd line and win game since we had made a bad coverage mistake at the very end..but lo & behold our marvelous D somehow came through (the no time-outs & losing 3rd down to spiking it helped us tOO).

Also..thought about our season being basically Over..3 & 3..and Coots waving 6 fingers at us (and at poor DaBO all year when he's shopping for Clemson stuff @ Walmart or BiLo grocery in Tigertown).

So, with the TD saving tackle and goal line effort it turned out to be golden Orange in color and one of the best D efforts I've seen in my 57 years of watching Clemson FB..and hats off to every member on that squad..as well as to the Dstaff & DC Venables.

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What were You thinking when Quick was running to win game?!

Oct 12, 2014, 5:01 PM

I was thinking that Kearse would come from no where to stop him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"oh $@!#!!!!!!"***

Oct 12, 2014, 5:02 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was still thinking

Oct 12, 2014, 5:08 PM

of the points that we left on the field just before halftime. Surely a top twenty team can get points in a situation like that.

fsu revisited. Better be the last time!

Oct 12, 2014, 5:02 PM

Yep ... That about sums up my feeling at that moment, but the D dug in and got a huge stop to win the game... proud of our guys for not giving up

"I wonder what lightbulbbill will say about this?!?!?!"***

Oct 12, 2014, 5:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sayin i thouGht the same

Oct 12, 2014, 5:32 PM

bRighT liGht

Oct 12, 2014, 5:11 PM

Honestly, I screamed so loud and yelled a couple of explicit words and then, to quote Ben Boulware " and here comes Jaron like a freaking cheetah!" And I was somewhat relieved.

"Seriously, again! !!?????!!!!!!" (-many cuss words)***

Oct 12, 2014, 5:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said aloud

Oct 12, 2014, 5:15 PM

" How do you let that happen" Said it about 100 times. Even after the game, I was saying it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2014, 5:17 PM

How many we gonna blow this year?!? Play of the day by Kearse

puntrooskie feeling and a suckie ride home***

Oct 12, 2014, 5:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: puntrooskie feeling and a suckie ride home***

Oct 12, 2014, 5:25 PM

epletives deleted.

You have a girl friend? Poor woman! :-)***

Oct 12, 2014, 5:39 PM

YEs but sadly not into sports or politics. How is Ft Rucker?

Oct 12, 2014, 5:42 PM

GoTiGERS...keep practicing & getting better!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's Mother Rucker man. This place never lets you go!

Oct 12, 2014, 9:46 PM

You stationed here before?

"We are Clemsoning!"***

Oct 12, 2014, 5:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: "We are Clemsoning!"***

Oct 12, 2014, 5:55 PM

another so called clemson fan using that term.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ another goober acting like they know something and that

Oct 12, 2014, 6:38 PM

anyone gives a crap what they think.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

And we did!

Oct 12, 2014, 6:24 PM [ in reply to "We are Clemsoning!"*** ]

We won the dang game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep ... the defense played out of their minds. And, the

Oct 12, 2014, 6:40 PM

game was decided on the first Clemson possession and the last defensive stand.

"here we go again #######!"***

Oct 12, 2014, 7:43 PM [ in reply to "We are Clemsoning!"*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You've been watching too many re-runs of Bowden ball

Oct 12, 2014, 6:25 PM

LOL!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was on the phone with wife!

Oct 12, 2014, 6:42 PM

She asked me question and they completed the pass and I start saying words that she had not heard me say before. I was so mad that I left the room to take the dogs out. When I returned - the game was over. I thought we had lost until I see everyone smiling. My heart just could not survive watching them score as a result of one fluke play.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2014, 6:42 PM

Just tackle him anywhere because I knew the D could get us a final stop.

Oct 12, 2014, 6:50 PM

Why we didn't go for it on 4th down and if we didn't score leave them on the 2 or 3 and let the D finish it in their end zone. Thought about Saban and Auburn last year. Too many other things could go wrong and loved our defense's chances there. But who cares it was a great win and a fabulous atmosphere!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2014, 7:36 PM

I was seeing Mr. Kearse and I was thinking Quick would be caught.

Oct 12, 2014, 8:07 PM

I felt like I had just got punched in the nuts and that pain in the kidneys feeling. However when we stopped the 2nd and goal run for a loss and they had to waste a play by spiking the ball I had the feeling we are going to squeak this one out. When it was all said and done I was thinking dang, that Kearse kid has got some serious wheels. He is sneaky fast.

Oct 12, 2014, 8:10 PM

I bet all the COOTS who were watching went through the gamut , probably had a 1994 Car Quest followed by a 2010 SEC Championship about 2 minutes apart from one another .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 12, 2014, 8:11 PM

I was contemplating whether we should let him score or not... I'm glad we didnt since that would of been stupid, since we had no time outs.40 more secs on the clock and i really contremplate letting him score

I threw a brick through my TV when he got to the 10 yd line.

Oct 12, 2014, 8:24 PM

So I didn't see it until later, when I heard that we won.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic