Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love we barely won
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

I love we barely won

Oct 1, 2019, 10:57 PM

Best thing to happen. Humble pie. Championships aren’t won in September. Not healthy to win every game by 21

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love we barely won

Oct 2, 2019, 1:05 AM

I didn’t love it as it was happening but agree it will light a fire. When you get comfortable, you get complacent. Glad we learned that lesson and still got the W.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2019, 5:52 AM

Yep - I wondered if the laid back attitude developed in the previous game with the starters being pulled after the first quarter may have carried over into the UNC game ?? Just wondering …...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

"Love" is a strong word...appreciate in hindsight, maybe

Oct 2, 2019, 6:34 AM

That was a very stressful game and I didn't enjoy it at all. However we have one every year--at least one. And they definitely get the team's attention.

FSU is going to run into the proverbial buzzsaw next weekend. I want to say I almost feel bad for them, but that would be an enormous lie. In reality I hope we put up 90 points on them.

save Some points for this the state championship. I live

Oct 2, 2019, 7:24 AM

And work around them. They couldn’t wait to talk about this loss. Weren’t interested in talking about their 1 game streak lol. Go Tigers

Re: save Some points for this the state championship. I live

Oct 2, 2019, 7:32 AM

What loss?

Oct 2, 2019, 8:27 AM

I don't recall us losing, either. Granted, we didn't win like I thought we would, but at the end of the day our record was perfect, and it still is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2019, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: save Some points for this the state championship. I live ]

In their minds we lost. What can I say but bless their hearts

Oct 2, 2019, 7:47 AM

I don't mind the close wins, especially if the other team has nothing to throw at you but the "kitchen sink".
What I don't like are those games where "You shoot yourself in the foot" by either taking your opponent lightly or just not preparing for that "kitchen sink' approach mentality.
We won, but we were not focused, and we let them hang around.
And if you let too many opponents hang around long enough, that is when you lose those 1 point games.

Well my ole ticker didn't like it so much.***

Oct 2, 2019, 7:49 AM

yeah, it's a great way to win a game***

Oct 2, 2019, 7:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic