Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
saturday: ugly win, but a HUGE win if you think about it...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

saturday: ugly win, but a HUGE win if you think about it...

Jan 6, 2014, 10:50 AM

BC is not very good.

BUT we are now 1-0 and the 1 win is on the road. road wins are a near impossibility, especially in the conference.
Considering we lost both games to BC last year and only won 5 conference games all year last year.
even though we had to sweat it out in the end, saturdays game was one where we grew up a little and showed some grit and toughness in hanging on for a road win.
this week will be huge for us if we can find a way to win 1 or maybe 2 games at home. i think we should beat fsu and who knows if we may be able to steal one from the dukies on saturday.
i encourage all fans to get out and support this team and coach brownell. they deserve our support and have some huge games coming up in LJ.

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: saturday: ugly win, but a HUGE win if you think about it...

Jan 6, 2014, 11:02 AM

what gets me about games like that is the last minute or two when they things that weren't fouls suddenly become fouls. in the old days we'd have let them get closer earlier by missing from the line.

still called more fouls on us even though they were behind a fouling to catch up.Glad it ended well but late got ridiculous from a foul standpoint

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The schedule only gets more difficult.....

Jan 6, 2014, 11:18 AM

this was a "must-win" in that sense. Pretty soon on January 21 we go on a stretch with 5 out of 6 games on the road....with road games at Pittsburgh, UNC, Syracuse, Notre Dame, and FSU during that stretch. That is obviously brutal. Very important to do well in that games before that streak to build some confidence....FSU and Duke at home, a winnable road game at VT and then a home game against Wake before that stretch. It would be great to go 3-1 over the next 4 games....even 2-2 would be solid, putting as at either 4-1 or 3-2 in conference before the stretch of doom.
Then the main thing is not getting swept during the 5 out of 6 road game stretch. There's a home game against GT in the midst of it, as well as a week off. It'd be nice to come out of that stretch 3-3, or at least 2-4 (being realistic here). Schedule softens considerably after that....just need to hang in there and be in striking distance of .500 in conference after that stretch....then make a run at the end when the schedule is friendlier.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic