Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SWVAgourmand.net - paging NoIntro. LeCreuset 1/2 price at
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

SWVAgourmand.net - paging NoIntro. LeCreuset 1/2 price at

Dec 4, 2018, 7:53 AM

Provisions starting tomorrow mawn.

Of course, like Yetis and such, Le Creuset is overpriced to begin with, but if you want to make an authentic Coq au Vin, boeuf bourguignon, etc., this is the right equipment.

NoIntroduction®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

remind me tomorrow***

Dec 4, 2018, 8:18 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how long are they going to be going out of business?

Dec 4, 2018, 8:39 AM

It's starting to look like a Myrtle Beach t-shirt store. But thanks. I have one piece of Le Creuset, the shallow 2.75 qt dutch oven. The fam got it for my Bday on a deep deal at QVC. It does cook well, and cleans up easier and better than the Martha Stewart and Lodge enameled cast iron we have. The enamel inside both of those are showing wear, I expect the Lecreuset to hold up better.

https://www.lecreuset.com/shallow-dutch-oven-with-stainless-steel-knob-cerise

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mrs. PAW swears it is not a ruse, but it kinda feels like it

Dec 4, 2018, 9:23 AM

Still, fiddy % off is fiddy % off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my mom used to love their store in Yemassee

Dec 4, 2018, 9:02 AM

that sold that stuff for cheap. She'd buy me some fancy LeCreuset pot/dish/whatever from time to time that had like a $250.00 price tag on the box, telling me what a deal she got. I never used any of them but never told her. I'd just give them for wedding presents.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yemassee? Cool.

Dec 4, 2018, 9:16 AM

Funny story about the Amtrak station there. LBJ rode the train through there in 1964 during the campaign against Goldwater. There was a huge group to meet/see him gathered but the train blew right on through without stopping.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-old-sheldon-church-ruins-yemassee-south-carolina-114594674.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Home of Joe Frazier and Auldbrass Plantation

Dec 4, 2018, 9:26 AM

designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. And Harold's Country Club. Plus, you mention Old Sheldon Church, burned by both the British troops and that awful Yankee Gen. Sherman.

I have a framed photo of this plaque in my home. One of my favorite places on Earth.

Pretty awesome for a town that don't even have a red light.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And an Amtrak station. It was the last stop

Dec 4, 2018, 9:49 AM

for many Marine recruits before getting to Parris Island.

One of my Clemson roommates and I rode bikes from Edgefield to Beaufort in the late 70s. We stopped in his hometown, Hampton, overnight....spent some time in Yemassee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic