Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
religion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 917

religion

Apr 17, 2014, 2:57 PM

why does this crazy foundation want everybody to go to hell with them. these groups say there is no God so if there is no God why are they concerned about God. former clemson players have said Religion was not forced on them .there is a bus that any player can ride to their church if they want too. i do not run down you atheist so why do you want to run down people who believe and love God . so if you believe There is no God why are you trying to do away him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because they are bitter, begrudging individuals

Apr 17, 2014, 3:01 PM

who have made "reason" their God, but don't want to see it that way.

Plus, their dioramas and flannelgraphs in Sunday School probably received no acclaim.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: religion

Apr 17, 2014, 3:06 PM

I think agnostics actually don't believe or disbelieve and actually some believe there is a higher power, they just don't believe in organized religion, jesus, etc...

Money

Apr 17, 2014, 3:14 PM

This is how those people make their living. Either by settlements with public bodies such as city councils or county boards/school boards, or by raising donations.

The FFRF are pretty much a group of human cockroaches, people are willing to pay pretty much anything to make them go away.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know anything about this foundation

Apr 17, 2014, 4:27 PM

And neither do most of those who have been expressing their opinion. What I do know is that separation of church and state, one of the cornerstones of this nation's beginnings, has been and will always be very important to the greatness of America, and must be protected. That means we can't have government in our religion nor religion in our government. Personally, I don't understand why that offends anybody. Religion, and especially Christianity, is about your personal relationship with God. So what's more important than your freedom to have that relationship without fear of persecution?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You also

Apr 17, 2014, 6:09 PM

don't know anything about cornerstone's of this country. Separation of church and state does not exist in our constitution. Government cannot establish a religion which is not the definition of separation of church and state.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I respectfully disagree with you

Apr 18, 2014, 8:16 AM

I think the First Amendment is all about separation of church and state. And it was certainly a cornerstone for Thomas Jefferson. In any case, if you look at countries that have separation of church and state at some level, and countries that don't, like Syria, Iran, and even the Roman Empire, it is evident that separation of church and state is vital to the long term health of any society.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that's your interpretation. The Constitution was

Apr 18, 2014, 8:29 AM

trying to avoid situations like you mention in Syria. Its intention was not to keep state employees from talking to people about their beliefs.

Also, how does the situation at Clemson constitute a "church"?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Funny.

Apr 18, 2014, 8:36 AM [ in reply to I don't know anything about this foundation ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLZVHOl7_mo

Facts

Apr 18, 2014, 8:41 AM [ in reply to I don't know anything about this foundation ]

http://undergod.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000069

Replies: 9
| visibility 917
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic