Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Brad Brownell: "Really disappointed on how the game ended"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: Brad Brownell: "Really disappointed on how the game ended"

Mar 13, 2019, 3:11 PM

Brad Brownell: "Really disappointed on how the game ended"

Head coach Brad Brownell and senior guard Marquise Reed spoke to the media following Clemson's 59-58 loss to North Carolina State on Wednesday in the ACC Tourna Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Different game, same result

Mar 13, 2019, 3:13 PM

2-14

Shouldn't have to worry about it....

Mar 13, 2019, 3:14 PM

When you're up 16 at the half.

Is he ever going to blast the officiating? I’d have more respect.

Mar 13, 2019, 3:16 PM

I was hoping he’d do it after the UNC game. But, guess you can’t give up such a large lead.

Re: Is he ever going to blast the officiating? I’d have more respect.

Mar 13, 2019, 3:18 PM

i think the refs were delighted to be able to make that last phantom call just to rub it in after the UNC non-call.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Is he ever going to blast the officiating? I’d have more respect.

Mar 13, 2019, 9:50 PM

It was in Mitchell's look at the end of the ND game when he got called at the base line, the game after the UNC no call.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad and DRad will use this to get a contract...

Mar 13, 2019, 3:20 PM

Extension. That we didn't really lose and should be in the NCAAT.

What about the five straight possessions we didn't get a score to increase the 1 pt lead?

Pitiful....

Re: TNET: Brad Brownell: "Really disappointed on how the game ended"

Mar 13, 2019, 3:23 PM

I’m very disappointed that a division 1 basketball coach can’t get a team with 4 seniors on the court into a good offensive set for a full 10 mins.

I’m disappointed that you allow senior guards to refuse to get the ball inside for long stretches of the game.

I’m disappointed that you insist on forcing a foul prone big man into constantly hedging hard on screens and picking up cheap fouls on quicker and faster guards he is ill equipped to defend.

I’m disappointed that when you do allow said big man to pick up cheap fouls you immediately bench him and effectively render him useless for long stretches of the game.

I’m disappointed that you are so bad in close games with your play calling and rotations that when our hard working players get shafted by the refs you are in no position to defend them because of your ineptitude.

Lastly, I’m disappointed that you will most likely be our coach for the foreseeable future and that most likely nothing will change.

really disappointed you don't post less***

Mar 13, 2019, 3:28 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: really disappointed you don't post less***

Mar 13, 2019, 3:40 PM

CM Shack said:

Nice try Brownell.

Re: really disappointed you don't post less***

Mar 13, 2019, 6:15 PM

Great answer Lou.

Were you disappointed that our players were

Mar 13, 2019, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Brad Brownell: "Really disappointed on how the game ended" ]

shooting 3s during the first stretch when we were 7 for 8 from 3?

How many fouls did Eli get while hedging on screens? Because I remember him picking up multiple fouls after the ball got to him in the paint on offense.

And that full 10 minute stretch you mentioned, we got some good looks, even close to the basket that didn't fall.

Look I criticize Brownell a good bit, but I think you're off base. We got handcuffed late in the first half after Eli picked up 2 fouls on offense and then Simms got called for back to back phantom fouls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Mar 13, 2019, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Brad Brownell: "Really disappointed on how the game ended" ]

good post---some on here, when it comes to Clemson basketball, can't handle the truth.

Re: TNET: Brad Brownell:

Mar 13, 2019, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Brad Brownell: "Really disappointed on how the game ended" ]

You post hangry too often. Have a granola bar before poasting please Chucky

Message was edited by: BloodbeOrange®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2019, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Brad Brownell: "Really disappointed on how the game ended" ]

I think you just stated how a lot of Tiger fans feel .Time for a change

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2019, 3:24 PM

From what I could tell there were three bad calls against us, and two for us down the stretch. I’m sure there were even more both ways. A blown call at the beginning and end potentially cost the same number of points, however, don’t receive the same amount of attention. Should’ve scored more than 16 second half points. Just two to be exact.

Re: TNET: WRONG BORED***

Mar 13, 2019, 4:04 PM

Mar 13, 2019, 5:39 PM

Blame it on the refs all you want. We lost because we absolutely imploded in the second half. We should’ve never been in that situation where it was decided by a referee.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too, Brad. Me too.

Mar 13, 2019, 5:41 PM

And by “how the game ended”...I mean like the entire 2nd half.

Re: Me too, Brad. Me too.

Mar 13, 2019, 7:50 PM

16 points in the 2nd half hard to win plain and simple.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2019, 9:08 PM

AND only 7 in the last 15 minutes - 5 in the last 10 minutes. Can’t blame the refs for that!!!!!

Mar 14, 2019, 3:51 PM

I am disappointed that we don't have a better play with 2.6 seconds left than to heave up a shot from mid-court. Maybe we should look at old UConn film.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic