Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swearinger cheap shot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,871

Swearinger cheap shot

Aug 18, 2013, 6:40 PM

Just saw his hit on receiver. Just like a ####. Cheap, dirty hit. Says he went low to avoid fine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really?

Aug 18, 2013, 6:53 PM

You saw the video and think it a cheap shot? It was a normal low lunging tackle. It sucks the receiver got hurt, but that was not a cheap shot at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nah, i always liked targeting knees,too. not.

Aug 18, 2013, 7:01 PM

you can hit low without going for someones knees, btw.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on

Aug 18, 2013, 7:06 PM

If anyone else made that hit it wouldn't be assumed to be dirty. He lunged for a tackle on a receiver and hit him low. It sucks the guy got hurt, but that wasn't a dirty hit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Said it in the other thread, but i didn't care for his

Aug 18, 2013, 7:12 PM

reaction. Most decent DBs would check to see if the guy was OK or wave for a trainer. Swearinger walked right over him beating his chest and crap.

The hit might not have been dirty, but Swearinger is still a thug. I know a guy from another message board that had a son in law on SCs team (punter i think), and even he talked about what an a-hole Swearinger was/is.

No, he didn't.

Aug 18, 2013, 7:23 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending his character. But he doesn't "walk over him." He stands up, claps three times, and is excited for the pass breakup. This wasn't the case of him standing over the player, or mocking/taunting him.

Now it looks bad, because he's celebrating a hit that caused an injury. But, we see those sorts of celebrations constantly on all levels of football. This wasn't taunting or poor sportsmanship (unless you think all such antics rise to that level).

It was a low lunging tackle that made contact to the knee of a moving receiver. It sucks it happened, but it wasn't dirty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsQtwZopF7s

Yeah he did... watch this one

Aug 18, 2013, 8:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4lilMAkB7g

BTW I'm not saying he was taunting, just celebrating

Aug 18, 2013, 8:03 PM

his own play when someone else is clearly injured which i don't care for. And you can't tell me Swearinger didn't know he was hurt. It was immediately evident even without being able to hear him.

Cool.

Aug 18, 2013, 8:07 PM

Though I I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt only because as soon as he turns back around and sees the player still down he stops immediately and walks off the field.

I can easily see a scenario where he had no idea the dude was injured. It was evident to us because we had a wide angle TV view, from the angle of the hit who knows what was evident.

OK, he did a gesture with his hands

Aug 18, 2013, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Yeah he did... watch this one ]

Didn't see that on the other angle, but honestly, that wasn't any more taunting then the thousand of other gestures done by any other football player on every level.

Again, he may be a monumental jerk, I don't know. I'm not defending his character. But I see nothing dirty about that play, and nothing beyond the norm for celebrating afterward.

The reason it is getting billed here as dirty and taunting is because of who he is, not because of the play itself.

But to each their own.

Re: nah, i always liked targeting knees,too. not.

Aug 18, 2013, 7:15 PM [ in reply to nah, i always liked targeting knees,too. not. ]

that is what I have been saying..that THUG wants to be know as a THUG or he would stop what he is doing

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: nah, i always liked targeting knees,too. not.

Aug 18, 2013, 7:58 PM

did you read what he said afterwards? he hit him low because he was trying to "stop what he was doing" - as in he wanted to stop getting fined/suspended for hitting high.

Re: Really?

Aug 18, 2013, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Really? ]

when the knee is the target when it is ?????? hit

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK.

Aug 18, 2013, 7:24 PM

If it is your assertion that a tackle to moving player that hits the knee is by definition targeting the knee and dirty, then we simply disagree.

reality is

Aug 18, 2013, 7:44 PM

If anyone else in the NFL makes this tackle then this isnt even a thread on tigernet. Swearinger is a hard hitting safety and an emotional player but would never intentionally hurt someone. Some of yall need to #### and stop being butt hurt because he taunted Ellington. He was dumb for doing that as it could have cost us, but by no means does this makes him dirty.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,871
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic