Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
realistic 2012 thoughts (long)ish
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,363

realistic 2012 thoughts (long)ish

Jun 27, 2012, 7:46 PM

I am the biggest Clemson fan as there is but, in all honesty, I say we win no more than 6-8 this year.

I say this because of 3 key factors.

-Our new OL scares the living **** outta me. Say what you want about a new OL coach and bunches of talent ... we've heard it before and looked what happened in '04 and '08. Both those years we struggled to block adn were a combined 13-11. I just have a feeling that it's going to happen again. Until Dabo & co. prove they can recruit the big ugluies (where it really feakin matters) I expect a letdown this year ... even though I hate to say it. Strugglig to block leads to limited running (AE) and time to pass (may not be much SW or NH)

-Out DL is almost brand new. Almost identical problem as OL but on other side of ball.

-New DC. Venables might be a great addition to the staff, but with a new coach, along with so many new players, that is not a good combo.

I think we will bo OK against smaller teams ... but when it comes to the Auburn, FSU etc, I think we are in for a rude awakening. I feel this is what is gong to happen. I hope this doesn't happen. For all I know BV will be thisy year's Morris. Bit I will be there every game I can and screamin my head off.

What do ya think?

GO TIGERS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: realistic 2012 thoughts (long)ish

Jun 27, 2012, 7:49 PM

I am one that hates predicting Clemson records due to superstition. But dude, put down the crack pipe.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say we win at least nine or ten, maybe with a

Jun 27, 2012, 7:49 PM

little luck, 11 or 12

I think we'll be around 8-9 wins.

Jun 27, 2012, 7:52 PM

We'll split FSU, VT, Auburn, USCe and inexplicably drop one of the away games to Wake or BC. The good thing for us this year is that the tough games are spread out and the easier games are grouped together. Having WF, Duke, UMD in consecutive weeks could provide a good amount of momentum if we can stay focused.

Re: I think we'll be around 8-9 wins.

Jun 27, 2012, 7:54 PM

man with fans like yall who needs coots.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we'll be around 8-9 wins.

Jun 27, 2012, 7:55 PM

I just try and look at the facts and what will/can realistically happen. just my .02.

Heaven forbid you be realistic on this board, lol.***

Jun 27, 2012, 8:10 PM

What?

Jun 27, 2012, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I think we'll be around 8-9 wins. ]

Look I want to win them all. I'm just giving my honest opinion. I said 8 wins last year and was wrong hopefully that happens again.

New coach with so many new players

Jun 27, 2012, 7:56 PM

didn't we have that on offense last year?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Deer Worried OrangeAndRegalia Tiger

Jun 27, 2012, 8:10 PM

Between our OC and OL coach (big improvement over what we had) the perceived "lack" of big uglies will change (and for the better). My biggest concern is left tackle.

The DL coming in will perform as good as last year and probably better. Our DL from last year even stated this. You'll also see more LB's filling the holes this year.

Venables is a proven DC. I expect him to fire up this D more than Steele. Remember our OC was a new coach with many new players last year. It was a good combo. And yes, lightning can strike twice in the same place.

I see 9 wins this year.

Re: Deer Worried OrangeAndRegalia Tiger

Jun 27, 2012, 8:26 PM

who do you see us losing to?

Hope I'm wrong

Jun 27, 2012, 8:34 PM

and we win more, but fsu, gt, and wf.

The Chad can work the offense around a weak OL

Jun 27, 2012, 8:13 PM

His predecessors could not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Chad can work the offense around a weak OL

Jun 27, 2012, 8:27 PM

That's probably why he installed the "Pistol" formation. get a quicker shot at the line by our backs and slow the pass rush down some. They have to play the fast read handoff's.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The Chad" was 2-4 for the last six games last year.

Jun 27, 2012, 9:32 PM [ in reply to The Chad can work the offense around a weak OL ]

Whithout Phillip Price blocking, his offense stunk.

When it's all said and done, we will be 11-1.***

Jun 27, 2012, 8:31 PM

Who is the one?***

Jun 27, 2012, 8:36 PM

Re: realistic 2012 thoughts (long)ish

Jun 27, 2012, 8:43 PM

Man, I'm not trying or intending to be rude or ugly with you. But if you don't take xanax, please ask your Dr. to write them for you. They will releive some of the stress you're under. Just sayin!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe we'll win 14 until proven otherwise...

Jun 27, 2012, 8:50 PM

Just as realistic an expectation as 12 wins in 1981.

We won't be favored in every game, and it's going to take some luck along the way.

But I've seen it happen before. No reason to think it won't happen again....until it doesn't.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HEAR HEAR!

Jun 27, 2012, 9:00 PM

I say we win them all this year until someone proves otherwise!

To plan on any losses is to be a defeatist imho

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,363
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic