Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
23,24,25 are all gone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

23,24,25 are all gone

Jun 4, 2017, 8:54 AM

Cal St Fullerton just seems to turn it on in the postseason almost every year.

https://d1baseball.com/scores/?date=20170603&c=all

If the Tigers play loose I like their chances.

As others have said Vandy is a one pitcher wonder and I don't see UNCG having a real deep staff so 3 in a row is very doable.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We haven't won 3-in-a-row in quite a while, even when ...

Jun 4, 2017, 9:04 AM

... our pitching staff was all fresh and ready to go.

If we can suddenly win 3-in-a-row over UNC-G and Vandy, then we will have truly turned things around.

That would be great!!

Re: 23,24,25 are all gone

Jun 4, 2017, 9:04 AM

True but the Tigers have had trouble scoring runs against everyone. We didn't exactly smash UNCg in the earlier gamei

If you are going to swing at bad pitches at key points in the game it doesn't matter who is throwing them! Bad pitchers get guys out who are not fundamentally sound hitters. When you get two strikes on a Tiger hitter throw the next one in the dirt. He will swing most of the time. Two down the middle and one on top of home plate is all it takes. lol

That's what I see too**

Jun 4, 2017, 10:01 AM

I'm glad, I'm not the only one that has noticed, the ""golf chip" swing on that last strike, from most of our players -- guess the other teams do some pre-game ""scouting"" too ???

Hope we can pull off a miracle three game rally,but don't think we have pitching to do it ( that means the bats would have to ""catch fire"" ) --- Go Tigers !!!!

re

Jun 4, 2017, 10:09 AM

People. Keep harping on our pitchers and everyone knows they've struggled late in the year but we have far too often had men in scoring position with one or fewer outs and failed to push them around . Perfect example bases loaded Friday with 1 out didn't plate a run.... need to hit and relieve the stress from the pitchers

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: re

Jun 4, 2017, 11:47 AM

That is true. If you outscore your opponent you will win every time. Our pitchers aren't as bad as their record indicates.

Our starters aren't, but our bull pen is ...

Jun 4, 2017, 3:07 PM

We have absolutely no one we can depend on in the bull pen.

Going back to using Krall to desperately hang on to a tenuous lead after our "closer" has been abused is the most dramatic illustration of our problem.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic