Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
question about our defense??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

question about our defense??

Sep 25, 2012, 12:40 PM

i am an avid fan, but not an Xs&Os type guy. i noticed several times sat. our linebackers were standing like their feet were in mud, watching the play unfold(usually a underneath dump off route), then reacting! is this scheme? have we coached the instinct outta the boys? call me crazy, but if i see a warm bodied, eligible receiver wearing opposing colors in my "zone"- i'm probally going to cover him, or be a little more proactive in heading in that direction. Kirkland was right..sometimes u gotta let them trust their instincts. if they guess right at least half the time, it's better than what i see now. on another play, the pass to TE Oleary down the middle which set up a first and goal i noticed Hall back peddling into the endzone...staring EJ and the streaking TE right down the gun barrel, w/ no other receiver in sight. should'nt he instinctively thought..here is a wide open TE, maybe i should step up and put a hat on him? it seems our D philosophy is to prolong the agony instead of disrupt the obvious!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: question about our defense??

Sep 25, 2012, 12:42 PM

It's Zone defense and we not having the athleticism and speed to run it. Why I've been talking about changing to man and putting or young athletic guys on the field and let them make plays.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do you notice poor natural instincts as well?***

Sep 25, 2012, 12:47 PM

Re: do you notice poor natural instincts as well?***

Sep 25, 2012, 12:50 PM

Sure but that's another reason to change to man. In man coverage you over your guy, period. At least until someone else ends up with the ball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all i kept hearing was how simple bv d was

Sep 25, 2012, 12:46 PM

But our players are sure confused for such a supposed simple d.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think our DBs and LBs were trying to keep everything

Sep 25, 2012, 12:49 PM

in front of them, then quickly step up and make the play, preventing the long gainer. I'm sure that was by design. Problem is, we react so slowly, take bad angles and tackle so poorly, that they still wind up with big gains. Not to mention that we got ZERO pressure on the QB, AND they ran right by our DBs and make long catches anyway.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Yep

Sep 25, 2012, 1:15 PM

Part of that comes from the fact that FSU is the most talented team we have played thus far. Going against those guys in a game is worlds different from watching tape or seeing it in practice.

They'll get better. Sometimes you have to make mistakes to improve.

^^ This.

Sep 25, 2012, 1:41 PM [ in reply to I think our DBs and LBs were trying to keep everything ]

Cover 2 zone (the base defense that Clemson was using last week) is designed to keep everything in front an allow no big plays. It's VERY dependent on having your front 4 get pressure on the QB and fill the gaps and let the LB's react to the ball to stop the run.

FSU beat the cover 2 by not allowing the front 4 to get consistent pressure and using play action to freeze the backers just long enough to let the receivers get behind them.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Cover 2 zone...

Sep 25, 2012, 1:43 PM

Here's a good breakdown of the C2Z.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVrJmidMxkI

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Agony will be GT Chinese Water Torcher at home

Sep 25, 2012, 12:55 PM

When we will never see the ball if we can't stop them.

At least FSU scores and gives it back to you. GT runs fifty plays of 3.5 yards.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That wheel truely bee torcher***

Sep 25, 2012, 1:07 PM

MauldinT, where are you???

The guy who wrote that must be a looser***

Sep 25, 2012, 2:16 PM

Re: will the GT Chinese Water Torcher at home

Sep 25, 2012, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Agony will be GT Chinese Water Torcher at home ]

"cause" us a game?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm depressed enough. dont mention GT and SUCs zone read***

Sep 25, 2012, 1:15 PM

Re: i'm depressed enough. dont mention GT and SUCs zone read***

Sep 25, 2012, 1:21 PM

GT defense cant stop us they dont worry me so much. They are also very one dimensional but USuC on the other hand is a whole other story. Better coach these boys up on how to tackle or get ready for a long day. We got to get these recruits in here this year. With a solid defense CU can play with anyone I mean anyone.

Your email belongs in the TigerNet bad spelling.....

Sep 25, 2012, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Agony will be GT Chinese Water Torcher at home ]

Hall of Fame alongside looser, landblast, etc.

Their 3.5 yard plays will go for 6 or 7 yards against

Sep 25, 2012, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Agony will be GT Chinese Water Torcher at home ]

The Tigers. So be of good joy, our offense will get the ball back quicker than you think.

I can see your point

Sep 25, 2012, 2:20 PM

and agree, our LBs look very confused.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic