Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
questeyonnn for Clemson ALUMSSS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,941

questeyonnn for Clemson ALUMSSS

Apr 1, 2015, 10:17 AM

I'm currently in the process of looking at different MPA programs around the Carolinas.I was unable to spend my undergrad at CU, so naturally I am inclined to spend my time in grad school at God's Land aka Clemson University. Could anyone here give me any insight**** on their experience with the program at Clemson ( pros and cons)?

Message was edited by: Redbull7®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proud Clemson Fan and Active Brother of the Kappa Alpha Order

" Dieu et les Dames"

MPA? Is that masters of public administration?

Apr 1, 2015, 10:22 AM

Unfortunately there are way too many people here who could give you incite.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: MPA? Is that masters of public administration?

Apr 1, 2015, 10:25 AM

Yes it is a Master's in Public Administration. I have been told that the program is fairly new and was wondering what the general consensus was on past graduates' experience.

Proud Clemson Fan and Active Brother of the Kappa Alpha Order

" Dieu et les Dames"

Re: questeyonnn for Clemson ALUMSSS

Apr 1, 2015, 10:42 AM

I have had several friends graduate from the program and they were pleased with it. I ended getting my MPA at UAB, because it was free, but I wanted to go to Clemson for it as well. If I recall correctly, when they were working on their MPA, the majority of Clemson's MPA classes are taught at the Greenville campus. I am not sure if that is the case now, but it would make it easier to work and go to class at night.

I believe you are correct about the greenville campus.***

Apr 1, 2015, 10:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

RE

Apr 1, 2015, 12:44 PM

I didn't get my MPA but did take one of their classes while pursuing my own graduate degree. When I was there, it was completely online through adobe. The impression I got was that it was solely students who were also working full time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ron Swanson...

Apr 1, 2015, 12:58 PM

I am currently in a MBA in entrepreneurship and innovation.

Apr 1, 2015, 2:10 PM

At the downtown location. It is a fantastic program for working adults. The downtown Gville faculty is state of the art and the professors are great.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I graduated from Clemson '88 Finance and ended up back in

Apr 1, 2015, 5:24 PM

Charleston. From '92 to '94 I was in grad school at CofC and received an MPA. Not sure about now, but back then it was a joint program with USC.

Most MPA programs are considered "professional" programs, much like most MBA and Masters in Education programs, whereby most if not all of the students are over 25 and employed full time. At 26 I was younger than almost everyone in the program and all of the classes were at night. That's why the Clemson program is primarily in G'ville. The average student is over 30, has a family, works full time, and goes to school part time at night. Luckily I was young and single so I worked as a graduate assistant during the day and took a full time course load at night. As a result I was able to graduate in two years.

That's how I met Gregg Marshall. His wife, Lynn, was at the time his girlfriend and she was in the program as well. She & I got to be good friends and coordinated our schedules. Gregg was an assistant for CofC.

Spring of '93 I applied to our Master's in City and Regional Planning program, which is part of the School of Architecture. I got accepted and was going to move back to Clemson the summer of '94, but later in '93 I met my future ex-wife and she didn't want to leave Charleston. I would have loved being back in Clemson and being in that program.

null

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,941
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic