Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm laughing heartily at the fans who
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I'm laughing heartily at the fans who

Mar 19, 2019, 4:44 PM

Say they've been around Tiger hoops for 50, 60 or more years and think Brownell is accomplishing something sub-standard in the program. At some point, it's not the coach(es), it's the school's commitment. Does a renovation that encompassed 'down-sizing' in the middle of Brownell's tenure not say something, even while the peanut gallery is yelling 'Why don't you come to games?'

What a lark!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So why bother spending the 65M? Why bother with anything

Mar 19, 2019, 5:06 PM

fire him and hire someone for 100K a year, save some cash for womens basketball and standing up the womens softball team.

If the montra is, we have always sucked and we are idiots for expecting or wanting more, then lets go ALL THE WAY. Why try?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So why bother spending the 65M? Why bother with anything

Mar 19, 2019, 5:13 PM

Exactly........because at the end of the day coaching matters in any sport.........Go Tigers!!!!

So what you’re saying is Brownell is a loser for taking a

Mar 19, 2019, 5:15 PM

Job like Clemson?

Amanda went 18-11 in the regular season

Mar 19, 2019, 5:36 PM

with pretty much the same team that Audra Smith went 11-18 with year before... at all points in time, coaching is the biggest factor in the success or failure of a program.

Butler has the exact same challenges as Brownell that you or anyone else can name, but she had a bigger challenge in being a new coach to players who she did not recruit, while those same players had a culture of losing no matter how long they had been in the program.

the downsizing of the arena was done because of the historical attendance numbers that didn't justify an 11,000 seat arena... personally, i would have left attendance north of 10,000 seats but a coach is more critical than administrative support because the coach has the biggest influence on the wins and losses... as Amanda Butler has demonstrated...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I simply made a remark...

Mar 19, 2019, 5:40 PM

Nothing more.

my apologies, I thought it was a discussion...***

Mar 19, 2019, 6:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CBB went 19-12.

Mar 19, 2019, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Amanda went 18-11 in the regular season ]

CBB > CAB?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

probably not... CAB was not employed as a HC last year

Mar 19, 2019, 6:37 PM

and took a team she did not construct which was previously 11-18 and took them to 18-11 by reconstructing them according to her plan... CBB went 22-9 the previous year to 19-12 this year. I wouldn't call that progress especially given the opportunities to at least reach that 22-9 bar again...

so what is he accomplishing?

Mar 19, 2019, 5:44 PM

I think the "finishing 7th/8th in the ACC" is a farce... Here's why:

success in college basketball is determined by postseason, period. According to that, he is the 2nd worst of the last 4 coaches we've had.

Brownell in postseason 5 of 9 years

OP was in the postseason 6 of 7 years

Shyatt in postseason 1 of 5 years

Barnes was in postseason 4 of 4 years

Ellis was in postseason 8 of 10 years

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, you've gone all 'Et Tu, Brute' on

Mar 19, 2019, 5:51 PM

BB... LOL! Only missed by a few days, too! Beware the Ides, Brad...Beware! ;)

I have always supported BB... but listening to the same

Mar 19, 2019, 5:53 PM

excuses in year 9 is getting nauseating. This is especially true when you consider we've had coaches here who progressively got better which resulted in great fan support.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have always supported BB... but listening to the same

Mar 19, 2019, 6:44 PM

In other words..." I want a girl just like the girl That married dear old daaaaaaad.."...

Re: so what is he accomplishing?

Mar 19, 2019, 6:45 PM [ in reply to so what is he accomplishing? ]

But Barnes only really had one good recruiting class. Found out he couldn't recruit against Dean and Mike...

as someone who came along right after you - i beg to differ

Mar 19, 2019, 5:50 PM

I would contend that thru the years Clemson was more competitive and more exciting than they are now.

Larry nance, Moose Campbell, dale davis, chubby wells, (not sure why he popped into my head), even marvin Keyes - etc etc - teams were generally fun to watch. Perhaps had less wins in conference than this years team. That much might be true. However - I would also tell you that the quality of the league was much better back then as well. Teams did not win at Clemson much.

You mention accomplished. Not sure I would use that term. Competitive and exciting - fun to watch. Measure that one and then compare.

we can simply agree to disagree and still be fans.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic