Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Shopping Cart Theory
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

The Shopping Cart Theory

May 12, 2020, 1:01 PM

An inflated sense of self worth causes worthless people to believe that they are, in fact, more important than the guy who collects shopping carts in parking lots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truth.

May 12, 2020, 1:08 PM

It's a sign of laziness.

It's usually a Karen that looks around, then dumps the cart in the middle of the lot. I usually grab it as I go in to shop and call Karen an #######.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Truth.

May 13, 2020, 3:44 PM

Why do they call them Karen's?

May 14, 2020, 10:48 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_(slang)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2020, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Truth. ]

Don't see many lse carts at ALDIs. Make it a dola and you might get hijaked. I could see some unemplyed kid returning carts for a Dollar.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wal - Mart after it rains is a pitiful sight.

May 12, 2020, 1:17 PM

I've even recently gone so far as to take my car all the way back in to Ingles because I saw the dude pushing the rest back. Mine would have been the ONLY one out there and well, I didn't have anything else to do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

never understood

May 12, 2020, 1:24 PM

why someone can not put the shopping cart in the right place

I assume that it is just laziness or they just don't giveafuck

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I always try to give mine to an ..........

May 12, 2020, 1:33 PM

older person walking in. If not then I put it where it goes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does anyone else do the shopping cart oversteer?

May 12, 2020, 1:33 PM

Like when you're coming up on a 90° turn but there's another person with a cart coming out of the aisle, so you gotta fishtail your cart in order to avoid upsetting the flow?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mine does that when Im panhandling on Augusta rd...

May 12, 2020, 1:51 PM

it can be dangerous crossing Faris

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I do that whether there's another person/cart present

May 12, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Does anyone else do the shopping cart oversteer? ]

or not, because that's how I live my life: a quarter of a mile at a time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not how you stand by your cart. It's how

May 12, 2020, 2:29 PM

you leave your cart when you're done.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Lulz.....load it up with a couple kids...

May 12, 2020, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Does anyone else do the shopping cart oversteer? ]

It’s under steering like a mother.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Shopping Cart Theory

May 12, 2020, 1:50 PM

saw a woman at Food Lion in Pageland put her empty shopping cart on a hill instead of the drop off. Well, the parking lot was on a grade so gravity took over and the cart turned around and followed her to her car. Before she realized what was happening, "BAM!" Nice ding driver rear door. As we were walking by, she said a few choice words. MfOjr. asked me why she was mad and I said aloud, "cause she is too dang lazy to put her cart in the proper place."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PREACH MUTHAFUCKER PREACH

May 12, 2020, 1:52 PM

Everytime I see a knuckledragger just set up a buggy on a curb or push it to an empty parking space I'm tempted to just go ahead and make street pizza out of them right then and there.

I will walk half way acrost a parking lot to return mine in the cold rain so #### anyone who doesn't.

I don't think I've ever caught one of these animals in the

May 12, 2020, 2:03 PM

act. And I really want to, there are days I walk out of Total Wine looking around like an eagle trying to find his prey....Just let me find one so I can publicly humiliate them...JUST ONE PERRY NOBLE, PLEASE

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man have I got the rabbit hole for you

May 12, 2020, 1:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClMUlr8yHymYgSe58DpUH7w

Re: Man have I got the rabbit hole for you

May 12, 2020, 2:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtpiAeOmzaM

Because I am all about helping, I am willing to form a

May 12, 2020, 2:02 PM

Shopping Cart Death Squad that will alleviate the volunteerism aspect of shopping cart return. And, I am willing to do this is an unpaid service...all I ask is that I get to keep and display the skulls of those unwilling to return their carts.

IT'S A WIN-WIN FOR ALL AMERICANS CONDUCTED BY A TRUE PATRIOT AND PRACTITIONER OF ALL THAT IS RIGHT AND JUST.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed

May 12, 2020, 2:06 PM

this wasn't already happening in Rock Hill.

I had meetings with the city council.

May 12, 2020, 2:31 PM

They wanted to keep the skulls, and there's no way I'm not AT LEAST getting those trophies.

Always do. And furthermore

May 12, 2020, 2:11 PM

I usually try to straighten them up and push them in since most people just shove them in there haphazardly. This allows space for other shoppers to push their carts in and less trips the grocery store guy has to make to empty the cart return.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are taking away his job security!!!!!!

May 13, 2020, 8:01 AM

I kind of make a game out of it and see how far away I can push from, or it’s empty, I’ll try and send it all the way to the back without actually hitting the end.

Naw, I don't go all Karen on people and complain

May 13, 2020, 9:49 AM

Just do my part. Not like I'm going to stop someone else from being an ######## anyway. Just as effective having them see me doing my thing as complain to them about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2020, 2:45 PM

Always and especially in the snow or raining. Sometimes if like 2-3 in the corral, I will grab those too.

I just always feel bad for those guys coming out there to grab them knowing they get paid in peanuts and no longer can take tips.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aldi’s is the glitch in the matrix

May 12, 2020, 3:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: Aldi’s is the glitch in the matrix

May 12, 2020, 3:59 PM

Fifty shades of shopping cart bondage?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

amazing how 25 cents changes behavior***

May 13, 2020, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Aldi’s is the glitch in the matrix ]

preach it!!!!!***

May 12, 2020, 5:46 PM

This is fine and dandy, but the real crime here

May 13, 2020, 8:03 AM

Is not calling it a buggy

It’s like an entire thread calling a cookout a barbecue.

You mean the trolley?***

May 13, 2020, 8:50 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOLUTZ.

May 13, 2020, 8:54 AM

I feel certain you people are referring to the M1 Abrams Grocery Assault vehicle with this barrage of cute names.

No, this is more of a Panzerkampfwagen***

May 13, 2020, 8:57 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at Herr Himmler.

May 13, 2020, 9:04 AM

NOBODY HERE IS TALKING ABOUT ALDI OR LIDL.

This does remind me of my brief time as a

May 13, 2020, 8:21 AM

bag boy back in 1997. Bringing those things back in did more for my 40 time than all of the weight room stuff put together.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2020, 3:43 PM

I think some workers like to collect the carts to get out of the store for a bit. I would. This one kid insisted in bringing my bags and cart all the way to my car. I told him I had it. He said, he just wanted to get away for a bit. He was tired of bagging groceries.

People get paid to collect shopping carts

May 13, 2020, 3:47 PM

Are you trying to put them out of a job?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love this!

May 13, 2020, 9:03 PM

It’s incredibly lazy and selfish not to return your cart.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Wait, you're not supposed to leave them half on the curb

May 14, 2020, 12:24 PM

of the island median/half in the parking space so it blocks the parking space?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic