Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Needing a Ride to Arizona
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 3,316

Needing a Ride to Arizona

Jan 1, 2016, 11:28 PM

Anyone need two people to ride with them to Arizona(car or personal plane)? Willing to help with fuel costs! Flights are just outrageous and driving ourselves is not much less. Already have a hotel room. Also looking for tickets if anyone has reasonable options.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Needing a Ride to Arizona

Jan 1, 2016, 11:31 PM

The only thing I could imagine being worse than driving all the way to Phoenix Arizona and then all the way back would be to do it with people I didn't know. My hopes are that you make it there safely

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2016, 11:34 PM

flying and staying in vegas tons cheaper. Can get roundtrip air fare on southwest for about 400. Also, guy is getting charter buses in vegas. Two already filled getting a third. The buses will take to stadium and return to vegas 2 hours after game...$60 for the charter bus roundtrip.

Link?***

Jan 1, 2016, 11:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Who to contact about the bus?***

Jan 1, 2016, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Needing a Ride to Arizona ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

please let me know who to contact about this

Jan 2, 2016, 12:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Needing a Ride to Arizona ]

Thanks!

please share details about bus charter...

Jan 2, 2016, 12:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Needing a Ride to Arizona ]

I will definately sign up.

I don't understand this logic at all.

Jan 2, 2016, 1:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Needing a Ride to Arizona ]

I assume you are already spending $600-$800 per game ticket, plus hotel, plus food costs. Why not pay a little more to fly into Phoenix and save the 8+ hours of driving? It's a drop in the bucket at that point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I don't understand this logic at all.

Jan 2, 2016, 1:48 AM

Exactly. I've been making this suggestion for a few days now but have caught nothing but #### for it.

You buying?***

Jan 2, 2016, 1:53 AM [ in reply to I don't understand this logic at all. ]

Jan 1, 2016, 11:44 PM

If you two girls are hot

Tmail me

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2016, 11:50 PM
image.jpg(7.4 K)

> If you two girls are hot
>
> Tmail me

Can I get a ride?

Ive got a plane, but one question

Jan 1, 2016, 11:49 PM

when you say "help with fuel cost" what are we talkin?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ive got a plane, but one question

Jan 1, 2016, 11:53 PM

We're not trying to mooch off anyone, just looking for a more affordable option than flying or driving. What type of plane and what would you consider as a reasonable share of fuel?

i dont really have a plane, but

Jan 1, 2016, 11:58 PM

to put fuel in a plane one way would cost as much as 8 round trip commercial tickets...

Sorry didnt mean to get your hopes up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2016, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Ive got a plane, but one question ]

Sharing cost of a private plane surely exceeds the cost of a commercial flight, no? And I know everyone has been suggesting Vegas lately but you do realize it's 4.5 hours from Glendale, Arizona with smooth traffic? Just seems so insane to me. 10+ hours on a bus on GameDay? Yikes. Stay in Pheonix or Sun City and save yourself the headache.

Jan 2, 2016, 12:07 AM

A friend actually suggested this idea because he did it for Orange Bowl yesterday. He put the offer out there and someone let him hitch a ride on his private plane and he only had to pay $150 to the guy for fuel. They went down to Miami and back in one day. It was worth a shot haha

Jan 2, 2016, 12:15 AM

Well to Miami a small plane like a Cessna will only consume about 100 gallons of fuel round trip. That's approx $300.00 in fuel. Also you can fly VFR on a clear day. Phoenix would be a cross country flight, would take a higher license grade IFR and you would need a larger plane. It would take a day and a half to get there in a Cessna and require refueling 3 times. It's just not practical. That's probably the difference

I'm an IFR pilot.

Jan 2, 2016, 1:38 AM

Flight time from Florence to Glendale in Cessna 172 is about 18 hours depending on winds, versus about 30 hours driving.

Trust me, you don't want to spend 18 hours in a loud, cold cramped plane.

Re: I'm an IFR pilot.

Jan 2, 2016, 1:54 AM

Thanks for all the insight folks. I don't know much about private planes and it makes sense why it's not realistic but like I said, hey it was worth a shot.

Jan 2, 2016, 12:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Ive got a plane, but one question ]

Not sure where you're flying from (as you didn't specify), or how your friend got a ridiculous deal like that, but my friend in NJ owns a private charter company and she told me to get a flight from Teterboro NJ to Glendale AZ would be in the neighborhood of $17-23k for a 7-seater, and that's "friend pricing". So yeh, I can't imagine that being a feasible option for you. Unless, of course, you're in Tempe looking for a Cessna puddle-jumper.

Geeeeez dude - still you setting the record straight for

Jan 2, 2016, 1:50 AM

everybody ????

At least you finally recognized the fact that LOTS of folks are talking about doing the Vegas thing.

You are a world class ##### trying to fix everybody ????

Let it go ...... Good Lord.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Geeeeez dude - still you setting the record straight for

Jan 2, 2016, 1:53 AM

Bro, fly into San Diego and drive 8 hours. I've already secured my end. ????

Sounds great. I'll be there. I'll buy you a beer or 6 at the

Jan 2, 2016, 1:58 AM

stadium.

Tmail me your cell number & I'll hit you up out there on Monday if not before.

I'm in on Friday - you ???

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Sounds great. I'll be there. I'll buy you a beer or 6 at the

Jan 2, 2016, 2:09 AM

1/10-1/12. I'll be sure to reach out man. Love being called a "#####". Looking forward to the beers, might take me 12 to be friendly with the likes of you through, so stop at the ATM.

Based on your entire approach here, I'm SURE you are use to

Jan 2, 2016, 2:16 AM

it.

I'm in Friday - out Tuesday early afternoon.

IPTAY SECTION 105 to 109 .... not confirmed just where yet.

Something tells me after 3 or 4 you go from tool bag to beligerant drunk - but willing to give you the benefit of the doubt - for now ..... poser.

Re: Based on your entire approach here, I'm SURE you are use to

Jan 2, 2016, 2:19 AM

I bet you act a lot nicer in person. :)

I'm a Clemson Man - I'm nice - ask anybody ....

Jan 2, 2016, 2:29 AM

You have been relentless in mocking & "correcting" for 2 days.

Who are you ???

I'm offering to buy you beers at the biggest game in Clemson history.

What are you offering other than scorn & redicule ?

Re: I'm a Clemson Man - I'm nice - ask anybody ....

Jan 2, 2016, 2:51 AM

Bro, please... I've been on and have read more than my share of threads where you've posted a lot of bs. Most of your posts are just that - mockery. You don't chime in with anything constructive most times or address anything the OP has brought you... You find something you don't like and nitpick at it without provocation. Who are YOU? I can't even take you seriously. We are both Clemson fans. On some posts you're praising the strength and honor of being part of the Clemson family and on more than a few posts, you've involved yourself for absolutely no reason to flex with this savior complex of yours. You invite me to meet you for a beer after calling me a ##### bag? I don't know if I should take that as a threat or a joke. Trust me sir, the last thing you want is to meet me in person on whatever trumped up charges you've built up against me. Don't be ridiculous. I see you post on random threads all the #### time just calling people out for no reason. What's up with that?? You act like you have this plethora of knowledge that everyone just can't get enough of. Just keep drinking that grapefruit beer and choose someone else, I'm not the one. Respect is given where it's due. And none of my posts have ever been directed at you. Do us both a favor and reciprocate that much for me.

Wow - obsess much ? You CLEARLY have me mistaken for

Jan 3, 2016, 3:50 PM

someone else.

Please post examples of "I see you post on random threads all the #### time just calling people out for no reason. What's up with that?? You act like you have this plethora of knowledge that everyone just can't get enough of." .... You could not possibly have my posting more wrong.

And you really hurt my feelings about the grapefruit beer - At 11 am ..... at the National Championship Playoff semifinal.

Bothers me to no end.

Replies: 29
| visibility 3,316
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic