Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Phil Steele: 2013 Projected AP Top 10
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Football Update: Phil Steele: 2013 Projected AP Top 10

Feb 5, 2013, 10:16 AM

Phil Steele: 2013 Projected AP Top 10

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USuCk is losing half their D-line, all their LBs and most of

Feb 5, 2013, 10:17 AM

their DBs...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally, I wish every single poll would have us around 25

Feb 5, 2013, 10:25 AM

Unfortunately, there is no chance of flying under the radar this time. Everybody knows there's something going on in Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Just outside the top 10 is perfect

Feb 5, 2013, 11:38 AM

On everyone's radar of course, but not too highly rated. Just enough to make a gradual climb and make some noise at year end.

We must open up strong and BEAT UGA!!!

phil has seen the coots sched for the upcoming season..

Feb 5, 2013, 10:37 AM

right?? i mean really basing a ranking on sched from recent years lmao just proof that presesason polls are a joke.call me on september the first and ill tell you where we should be ranked

That's all right. Just gives us motivation to work even

Feb 5, 2013, 10:43 AM

harder to move forward. We have not "arrived" and this type of stuff is good for us.

Keep chopping!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am sure you agonized, Phil....

Feb 5, 2013, 10:49 AM

but predictably its clemson that gets the bottom spot. That's cool. I hope you like your crow cold.

Re: Football Update: Phil Steele: 2013 Projected AP Top 10

Feb 5, 2013, 11:09 AM

It will be so much more fun Mr. Steele making you eat those words at the end of season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2013, 11:17 AM

One simple answer: Beat UGA and Carolina this season. All the rest is just talk. Start by giving our boys a map to the weight room.

maybe so...hope UGa is like LSU and don't have a map

Feb 5, 2013, 11:19 AM

to the treadmills

I ranked team X higher due to easier schedule. Sad reality.

Feb 5, 2013, 11:24 AM

Not sure it's worth "agonizing" over the #10 spot in 9-month-early preseason poll but...

Sadly, Phil correctly predicts the mindset of the pollsters when he says that he ranked a team (like Louisville) higher because they have an easier schedule. To me a team should be ranked based on whether you think they're BETTER than another team. (Would Team A likely beat Team B on a neutral field?) But pollsters always overrank teams with weak schedules and high W-L percentages. For example, Utah used to be a perennial Top 25 darling when they were romping through the weak MWC, but once they joined a good conferece (Pac-12) they fell off the face of the planet, barely able to post winning seasons.

For the last 2 years the ACC finished ranked 7th in Sagarin strength-of-schedule. So I guess I shouldn't complain because Clemson's ranking benefits by romping through a weak ACC schedule, and many of Clemson's victories over "Top 25 opponents" are wins against ACC teams that are overranked due to their weak ACC schedules.

Re: I ranked team X higher due to easier schedule. Sad reality.

Feb 5, 2013, 11:27 AM

Our schedule is "too easy" last year and we get no respect. Next year it's "not easy enough...." I just don't get it, people are grasping at straws.

Re: I ranked team X higher due to easier schedule. Sad reality.

Feb 5, 2013, 11:46 AM

There's a big difference between the human polls and the cursed computer rankings that factor into the BCS standings.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Feb 5, 2013, 11:26 AM

USC from #9 to 3-9. It makes me giggle like a school girl. But I'd rather go 12-0 with them going 11-1 than them going 3-9 and us going 6-6.

Feb 5, 2013, 11:33 AM

I think some people are missing one key thing here: He's trying to pick what the AP rankings will be, not what actually believes are the best teams...

...so the "we'll show you, Phil!" posts make less sense, and should be directed at the imaginary pollsters whose rankings Phil is trying to predict.

DING DING DING

Feb 5, 2013, 11:46 AM

Yep, and I believe he's projecting what they'll have as the preseason rankings as well, not the final ones.

Basically he's hypothesizing what the collective hypothesis of the AP poll voters will be.

it's the PROJECTED AP top 10....

Feb 5, 2013, 11:38 AM

it's simply where HE thinks the AP will put folks in the preseason poll. It's not where folks are GOING to be.

Don't lose any sleep over it...

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Regardless...

Feb 5, 2013, 4:07 PM

Regardless you people should not be listening to what he has to say. This is the same guy who predicted the Eagles to win the Super Bowl this past year... and published it

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic