Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
passing game a MUST!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,458

passing game a MUST!

Apr 10, 2017, 8:38 PM

we have recruited WAY TOO MUCH TALENT to have a 'limited' offense and not be a legitimate threat to throw anytime or anywhere on the field, it would be a GREAT INJUSTICE to all the star WRs we've landed

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: passing game a MUST!

Apr 10, 2017, 8:46 PM

agree. Too much talent at the skill positions to have a QB that tucks and runs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the same thing Saturday***

Apr 10, 2017, 8:51 PM

Several things....

Apr 10, 2017, 11:50 PM

1) this was after just 15 days of practice.

2) The best offensive line were split b/n both teams.

3) The best wide receivers were split b/n both teams.

After summer, and fall camp, I would like to think that someone will have won out the job temporarily. A lot will change with Fall camp, game prep, game experience and film review.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Several things....

Apr 10, 2017, 11:55 PM

And the offense still managed to score 33 points on one of the best defenses we've ever had .... No worries here .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2017, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: passing game a MUST! ]

At some point in a big game , passing downfield is critical to winning. I hope the coaches are smart enough to realize that Bryant's running skills with no downfield passing aren't enough to beat Auburn,Louisville,or FSU. If Bryant is keep the starting job,he must get better in the passing game especially long ones downfield.

Apr 10, 2017, 8:57 PM

Are you all seriously questioning whether or not National Championship winning Head Coach Swinney and his championship staff know that they must have a passing game to win?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2017, 9:03 PM

Sometimes even with the great coaches, they will try and out do their selves and melt the whole ball of wax. It has happen with the best of them!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt they will be searching this board for pointers.

Apr 10, 2017, 9:18 PM

Maybe for a few good laughs!

Reminds me of Chad Morris in 3rd quarters

Apr 11, 2017, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: passing game a MUST! ]

"Who needs to make adjustments when we can just throw another bubble screen?|

Apr 10, 2017, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Re: passing game a MUST! ]

Of course not! Dabo in the past has given the upperclassman qb the job because of years in the system. Stoudt was never better than Watson. This situation is not as clear cut because the other qbs aren't as far along as Watson was. The spring game was a poor barometer to gauge our qbs. In other scrimmages Bryant's passing numbers were average . I'm hoping Johnson and Cooper make major strides in the summer. Think about next year when Lawrence enters the competition. If he is the best on the field, would Dabo start a true freshman at qb?

Apr 11, 2017, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: passing game a MUST! ]

Chicken Michael is nothing more than a pathetic troll that the mods refuse to get rid of just ignore her.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Apr 10, 2017, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: passing game a MUST! ]

not turning the ball over will be key until we find our identity. I think we have a much better staff, but look at how Auburn has struggled under Gus Malzahn without a legit passing QB. He had a tremendous defense last year but could not keep his offense on the field. Fortunately I think we have more than enough options if we struggle behind center and have to make a change.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2017, 8:31 AM

They got a transfer from that guy from baylor that was one of the top passing QBs in his class. Awburn is going to be good this year.

Auburn has potential to be playoff good this year

Apr 11, 2017, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: passing game a MUST! ]

There QB transfer from Baylor was the biggest get in college football by far. He was a legit Heisman candidate before getting injured. Auburn has had top 10 recruiting classes every year but no QB to put it all together, now they got that piece. They are second most talented team in SEC with a real chance to beat Bama in the Plains this year. Not taking them seriously or bringing our best QB into the game would be a huge mistake. I'm sure our coaching staff is taking them much more seriously then some of our fans though.

Well, the DL jailbreak on nearly every pass play...

Apr 10, 2017, 9:06 PM

...certainly impacted the QB performance. Guys weren't just tucking and running, they literally seemed to have no time to even look at their second read. Sometimes not even the first read. But I get your intent. If that continues, we have a problem. I think it's more a function of our 2-3 deep DL versus a split OL that's not very deep. Not worried yet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Shhhhh. Don't tell these armchair coaches what most people

Apr 10, 2017, 9:23 PM

saw.

Well said***

Apr 10, 2017, 9:08 PM

Water is wet.

Apr 10, 2017, 11:28 PM

Thanks for the wisdom.

Everyone here needs to chill and remember that Boyd took us pretty far with a worse OL and Defense, though he did have elite WR's. Our WR's MIGHT not be as good as what Boyd had but I think we'll get by.

Apr 10, 2017, 11:57 PM

Limited offense ? What ?

What you say is true!!

Apr 11, 2017, 12:52 AM

I knew the day would come when DW4 would no longer grace the field and we would have to feel the pain of not having one of the greatest players ever to be at the controls.

Once first string guy is picked, there will be much less pressure and he will be getting good reps with the first team and more confidence in the throwing game. Will he be DW4...almost assuredly not, but Tajh Boyd, Rodney Williams, Kyle Parker adequate, certainly YES.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand why we can't recruit QBs***

Apr 11, 2017, 8:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,458
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic