Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
paging judge keller
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

paging judge keller

Dec 12, 2019, 5:16 PM

Will we beat uofsc on Sunday? What are your expectations?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any expectations on Clemson basketball are ridiculous, unreasonable

Dec 12, 2019, 5:21 PM

and totally unfair to Brownell.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: paging judge keller

Dec 12, 2019, 5:27 PM

It's not up to the team or coach. It's up to the fans and administration.

dont forget facilities. they need to show up ready to play too.***

Dec 12, 2019, 5:30 PM

dont forget facilities. they need to show up ready to play too.***

Dec 12, 2019, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Re: paging judge keller ]

Dec 12, 2019, 7:37 PM

I don't think JK will be answering this anytime soon

He is still writing stuff about orange overhauls.

Dec 12, 2019, 7:57 PM

It may be that he is just too overwhelmed by the originality of the sarcasm is this and similar posts, but who knows.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"originality of the sarcasm"?

Dec 12, 2019, 8:46 PM

I think you may be a little confused. I typed nothing that was intended to raise the, "originality of the sarcasm". My post is intended to be completely serious. Do you think we'll beat the gamecocks, and overall what are your expectations for this game and the season. You seem to have come to the conclusion that we have a bunch of new players, in year 10, so having a losing season will be acceptable.

And from what I saw a couple weeks ago, you are Ms. Keller, using this as a second username. So please feel free to submit your opinions, Ms. Keller. They were sincere questions.

Re: "originality of the sarcasm"?

Dec 13, 2019, 12:40 PM

My post did not address you though I think it’s funny you attempted to sell sincerity only to revert to ridiculous accusations. Try harder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ms. keller, I have to say, I have no idea what you're talking

Dec 13, 2019, 6:23 PM

about. Are you making sense to ... you? Nothing I've posted is a "ridiculous accusation". I thought it was a well known fact this is one of your other usernames. There was a post a couple weeks back which showed you giving yourself ("judge keller") thumbs up left and right. You were ousted. So how is that a mere accusation? It's a fact. Look, I couldn't care less if you feel the need to promote your own posts, but please stop the transparent charade. That's all I'm saying.

Now, do you think we'll beat the Gamecocks? What are your expectations for this game and the season, and would it be acceptable to you if we end up not making any postseason? Let's be grownups here, ok?

Re: ms. keller, I have to say, I have no idea what you're talking

Dec 13, 2019, 6:43 PM

Hmm, so let me get this straight for the rest of the board. If you TU another members’ post, it doesn’t mean you simply like the post, but that you are up voting your other user name? With that overwhelmingly moronic assertion, you just accused every poster that TU’s another user of doing the same. So what is your other user name/s?

that was a weak attempt at diversion. Sorry.

Dec 13, 2019, 6:55 PM

I'm talking about back to back to back to back to back to back votes, etc.

Obvious is obvious. Reading your replies it becomes even more obvious. And jumping to the name calling card is a poor look, Judge.. Please just stop. You're better than that, no? Soooo, can you just go ahead and address my questions instead of playing this silly game? Come on, please let's be grown-ups here.

Re: that was a weak attempt at diversion. Sorry.

Dec 13, 2019, 7:01 PM

You just keep digging yourself deeper, lol!

We’ve missed you CourageousTiger!! Welcome back!

oh okay. wait what??

Dec 13, 2019, 7:16 PM

Are you okay? You've lost me. And you still havent tried to address the very straightforward and non-atagonistic questions. I dont get why you insist on acting like a little kid here. You were caught. I dont care. Let's talk basketball, okay? What are your thoughts on the uofsc basketball game? Do you think we will win? What is your expected outlook for the season, and if we dont make any postseason (in year 10) is that okay?

Re: oh okay. wait what??

Dec 13, 2019, 7:24 PM

CourageousTiger, will your new user name last as long as the previous? What are your expectations of your newest troll account? Do you find it acceptable to expect better results this time?

do you not realize you're replying

Dec 13, 2019, 7:31 PM

EXACTLY like judge keller does when she's backed in a corner? I dont want to come off like a jerk, but its comical. It really is. Why invest so much energy in a charade? ??

I didnt troll you judge. Not one bit. You're in defense mode now and getting too emotional to see how obvious it is. All I'm doing - I am sincerely wondering what your thoughts are on this big game and the season. So? I dont care that you post with this other username. I really dont. But I lose respect for you when you lie about it. But you know what? Dont worry about it. You are who you are and I'm not trying to change you. Have a good night Ma'am.

Re: do you not realize you're replying

Dec 13, 2019, 7:54 PM

Night night CourageousTiger

you're embarrassing yourself.

Dec 13, 2019, 8:01 PM

I'm not sure if calling me courageous tiger is supposed to be an insult, but saying it repeatedly doesn't help you in the least bit. Its downright embarrassing, for you. Are you not a grown woman?? I thought you were a little more grounded and down to earth, but it couldn't be more clear you're trying to deflect from the obvious. Please, ma'am get a grip. Try to be a Clemson "man".

Re: you're embarrassing yourself.

Dec 13, 2019, 8:28 PM

You’re not going to start sending me T-mails again like you did as CourageousTiger, are you? I can forward them to you since you don’t have access anymore.

goodness lady, please get ahold of yourself.

Dec 13, 2019, 8:38 PM

Are you 15 years old?? I have no clue what you're babbling about. Look, you've made it obvious youre the lady known as "judge keller", and its also obvious you lack the confidence to speak on the uofsc game. But geez please stop with the childish replies. Try to have a little self respect.

Re: goodness lady, please get ahold of yourself.

Dec 13, 2019, 8:46 PM

Doesn’t that mean you do or don’t want me to forward your T-mails as CourageousTiger??

Dec 13, 2019, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: paging judge keller ]

For some reason I thought JK was a she.....Go Tigers!!!!

Dec 12, 2019, 8:33 PM

Im not Keller but I think they are beatable.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2019, 8:59 PM

Very. They have been blown out a few times where it was ugly.

This thread seems to have quite a few TD's.

Dec 13, 2019, 12:46 PM

I wunder hoodunnit?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: This thread seems to have quite a few TD's.

Dec 13, 2019, 1:26 PM

I’ll TU the whole thread if you TU my two posts, deal?

What are you implying?***

Dec 13, 2019, 1:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: What are you implying?***

Dec 13, 2019, 1:38 PM

Are you responding to your own post?

I'm responding to this....

Dec 13, 2019, 1:41 PM

HTH

Re: I'm responding to this....

Dec 13, 2019, 4:18 PM

Yes, I know who you were responding to. My point was I assumed you were implying it was me who TD’d someone in this post. Being that the only TD’s I can see in this post were the ones I received I offered to prove otherwise, not that it really matters.

OK, good. Glad we got that cleared up.

Dec 13, 2019, 4:22 PM

I almost never give TD's, so I found it shocking and was simply thinking out loud.

Re: OK, good. Glad we got that cleared up.

Dec 13, 2019, 4:51 PM

Dont you have to vote one or the other to see a TD? I was just curious because you only TU’d one post in that thread before your post.

It sounds like you're implying something

Dec 13, 2019, 5:40 PM

again.

Re: It sounds like you're implying something

Dec 13, 2019, 10:18 PM

Uh oh. What makes you say that?

I didn't give you a TD, in case you're wondering.

Dec 14, 2019, 10:44 AM

It's just not my style.

Re: I didn't give you a TD, in case you're wondering.

Dec 14, 2019, 11:12 AM

No, it’s not your style. I have not thought that.

He was responding to you, but it's a common mistake...

Dec 13, 2019, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: What are you implying?*** ]

If you don't click "Full Site" at the bottom of the page when on a mobile device, the responses can appear to be out of order.

Hope that helps! Have a good one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: This thread seems to have quite a few TD's.

Dec 13, 2019, 1:51 PM [ in reply to This thread seems to have quite a few TD's. ]

An enemies list has been made, and TDing has been played. Crybabies will be crybabies.

SC has looked as bad as us recently

Dec 13, 2019, 1:23 PM

it will certainly be an ugly type of rock fight

Instead of saying Beetlejuice 3 times...

Dec 13, 2019, 1:26 PM

Type “Fire Brad!” in a new poast.

That’ll get him to your beckon call.

~JKB

Dec 13, 2019, 1:36 PM

Hey Savage Tiger!

I have a question for you, since you obviously want to fire Brownell....

1) Who would you want to replace him?
2) What are reasonable expectations for a new coach at Clemson in the first 5 years?
3) How many tourney appearances in 10 years would be acceptable for you?
4) How many sweet 16's would be acceptable in 10 years?
5) What previous coach at Clemson has set an acceptable standard for Clemson basketball?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 1:46 PM

I’ll just answer number 3 and sort of number 5. I don’t know enough to answer the others.

3). More than 2, including more than 1 with the previous coaches team your first season.

5). I would take Barnes or Purnell type of success over this. Yes, I know Purnell was 0-fer in tourney games, but at least the regular seasons were fun and fans were excited.

Dec 13, 2019, 2:28 PM

tigerphils said:

I’ll just answer number 3 and sort of number 5. I don’t know enough to answer the others.

3). More than 2, including more than 1 with the previous coaches team your first season.

5). I would take Barnes or Purnell type of success over this. Yes, I know Purnell was 0-fer in tourney games, but at least the regular seasons were fun and fans were excited.

So let me get this straight.... If Brad Brownell had 1 more tourney appearance, and lost in the first round, you would be ok with his coaching resume?

Also regarding Purnell and Barnes:

Barnes: He had a winning record in the ACC only once in 4 years. He then left us high and dry and it gave us Shyatt. What a great level of success.

Purnell: He peaked at Clemson with getting into the tourney and losing in the first round. He recruited athletes and not basketball players. He would recruit athletes and our full court press would get us some wins. But if a team could break the press we were done for. If you think he is such a good coach, just look at what he has done at Depaul!

Dec 13, 2019, 3:13 PM

No. I would not be ok with only 3 NCAA appearances in 11 years. You are forgetting about the denominator in the equation which is total years coached at Clemson.

Barnes - 3 out of 4 (75% success rate), including his final 3 years

Purnell - 3 out of 7 (43% success rate) including his final 3 years.

Brownell - 2 out of 11 (18% success rate), including his very first year with a team which made the tourney the previous 3 years

So the answer to your question is an resounding NO, I would not be okay with Coach Brownell’s coaching resume if he had one more tourney appearance because he has been at Clemson much longer than the other two.

I have also pulled for Coach Brownell to succeed. Each year, I start the season optimistic. If he is retained, I wIll feel good next November too because of the two higher-than-normal rated recruits. But I also look at this realistically and even with our pedestrian history in basketball, I expect to make the tourney more than 18% of the time.

If he proves me wrong and suddenly after 11 years builds a consistent winner at Clemson, I will be so happy.

But evidence suggests that is not going to happen.

Dec 13, 2019, 3:49 PM

ohhh. Well that isn't what you said in your initial response.

I wonder if it was easier to get into the tournament when Barnes was here. Now we play more ACC games which means we play better teams now. Also the ACC has added some very good teams since then.

But let's compare a season where Brownell didn't get into the tournament and Barnes did.

1997 Season: Total Record: 18-12, In Conference: 7-9, OOC: 11-3, Ranked Wins: 3

2015 Season: Total Record: 17-14, In Conference: 10-9, OOC: 7-5, Ranked Wins: 4

Dec 13, 2019, 3:56 PM

All I'm saying is firing BB after last season would have been a terrible move. Of course I wish we had more success than we have had over the last 10 years, but you are blind and/or stupid if you don't see that our program has some momentum right now.

We have some really good young talent on the team. Brownell also has 2 top 100 prospects committed for next year.

Next year, we will have 7 4* players on our team. I doubt we have ever had this kind of talent.

That isn't including Baehre, Trapp, or Jemison. We actually will have good depth which we have never had.

The program is looking up and all you clowns can do is ##### and moan

Most of the moaning isn't over CBB directly...

Dec 13, 2019, 4:02 PM

It's over the CBB support, by way of a false narrative, that a few posters are putting out there. I'd be willing to bet that most Clemson fans want CBB to be successful, I know I do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

yep. I think Brad a cool guy and fits the "do right" theme

Dec 13, 2019, 7:08 PM

we want here at Clemson.

Dec 13, 2019, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: paging judge keller ]

The ACC was much tougher in the Barnes era than it is now. Back then you'd have to play UNC and Duke twice each year, and you had teams like Wake and Maryland who were often top 10 teams as well. Today there are more teams, but don't act as if they're all good.

Last year for instance Clemson went 9-9 in the ACC. Those 9 wins included 2 wins over GT who finished 14-18, a win over 14-19 ND, 2 wins over 14-19 Pitt, a win over 11-20 Wake, win over 14-17 BC, and wins over Syracuse and VT being the only 2 ACC wins against a team with a winning record all season. Good luck finishing at .500 or above in the ACC during the 90's with only 2 wins over teams with a winning record.

Dec 13, 2019, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: paging judge keller ]

We do not play better teams now. Expansion has severely diluted the ACC. I detailed the caliber of the ACC schedule for every coach back to Foster in a lengthy post last year. Brownell coaches against dramatically less Top 25 and NCAA tournament teams each year than Purnell, Shyatt, Barnes, Ellis, or Foster. He also has less success against them when he does. Not compiling the numbers again but feel free to do the homework yourself if you don’t believe me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: paging judge keller ]

Who cares what Purnell did at Depaul? We're talking about coaching success at Clemson, and he won a lot of games at Clemson, and had the program at a much higher level than we're currently at. That's like saying Danny Ford wasn't a good coach because he had a losing record at Arkansas after leaving Clemson.

Dec 13, 2019, 10:33 PM

Newsflash...

Brownell has won a lot more games at Clemson than Purnell.

He also has a higher ACC winning percentage.

Brownell does have a slightly lower overall winning percentage. I think that’s due to the fact that we played nobody OOC under OP. Remember the 17-0 season?

Dec 13, 2019, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: paging judge keller ]

Is that you Judge Keller.....or you just two peas in a pod......Go Tigers!!!!

hey man! I'm curious:

Dec 13, 2019, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: paging judge keller ]

Where in the world did you get that I want to fire Brownell? I'll hold that judgment until the end of the season.

And I'll bite on your questions since I'm bored.

First of all,

If Brad doesnt find a way to show some improvement in THIS team, and IF we end up not making any postseason, then we have not accomplished what we should be expected to accomplish in YEAR 10.

1) I dont know. It doesnt matter. I'm sure there are a dozen names if we really wanted to try and establish a list. I sure hope you arent insinuating we couldn't get a good coach who is able to consistently reach the postseason?
2) Make more than one NCAA tournament in 5 years.
3) I don't know...somewhere between 5 and 10, I guess.
4) I dont know...more than one? Some sustainability would be nice. We dont appear to have any at all. We lost in the NIT last year with the most veteran squad we've had in Brad's tenure. That was not acceptable considering his paycheck.
5) I dont know, but that question is completely irrelevant. We dont need to cite any past success or lack thereof to be allowed to expect more in 10 years of the same guy.

Don't expect a quick reply.

Dec 13, 2019, 6:32 PM

Too busy TDing savants.

I thought we already played u5c

Dec 13, 2019, 10:27 PM

...this is the football forum...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2019, 12:27 AM

Man, it just keeps going.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic