Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I googled this story on 500 doctors letter to Trump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 685

So I googled this story on 500 doctors letter to Trump

May 21, 2020, 12:37 PM

And either google is hiding this story but only 2 website newspapers are coming up on first page of google.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/21/500-doctors-tell-donald-trump-end-coronavirus-shut/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_campaign=pushnotify&utm_medium=push

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i googled this story too, and found this perplexing piece

May 21, 2020, 12:53 PM

Every industry has it's share of partisan hacks I guess.

https://q13fox.com/2020/05/20/trump-allies-lining-up-doctors-to-prescribe-rapid-reopening/

The plan was discussed in a May 11 conference call with a senior staffer for the Trump reelection campaign organized by CNP Action, an affiliate of the GOP-aligned Council for National Policy. A leaked recording of the hourlong call was provided to The Associated Press by the Center for Media and Democracy, a progressive watchdog group.

CNP Action is part of the Save Our Country Coalition, an alliance of conservative think tanks and political committees formed in late April to end state lockdowns implemented in response to the pandemic. Other members of the coalition include the FreedomWorks Foundation, the American Legislative Exchange Council and Tea Party Patriots.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I prefer to look elsewhere for a grasp of the situation

May 21, 2020, 1:19 PM

Last place I'd look is to the White House, or politicians. Especially in the US. All you need to do is look elsewhere. Most of the rest of the planet is not like us. They don't have our media, our politics, or even our issues. They have their own, certainly, but they're different from our own. But everywhere on Earth it's the virus versus the economy. That is a constant theme, no matter the country, government, or politics. Trick is to see which countries are handling the virus the best, and examine their politics, and what that allows them to do, or not do. There's a trend with countries led by those who downplay, mitigate, and flat out deny the danger of the virus. It's not the trend you want to be on. It's Brasil, whose President is a clone of Trump, as is their policy. You have Russia, getting hit most likely harder than us. They tried to hide it until they couldn't. You have Spain and Italy leading Europe in their dismal response. Take a look at why.

Belgium is perhaps the hardest hit European country, depending on how you look at it. But when their leadership visited a hospital, the motorcade was greeted with a line of medical staff with their backs turned. Now did the virus happen to be worse there causing them to turn their backs, or was the virus worse there BECAUSE they turned their backs? Hummm....I'd argue the latter.

Then take a look at countries like Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan, etc. What are they doing different? By handling the virus, they've maximized the befit and minimized the damage to their economies relative to others. The broad answer is it takes a team, with everyone on the same page, to tackle this virus most effectively. If everyone isn't on the same page, if a unified response doesn't happen, the virus wins.

The CDC is trying to do what Australia, South Korea, China (maybe), New Zealand, and others have done. Without quality leadership, you don't play as a team. The only team players in Washington are the ones in the white house who are on trump's team. And the other team are the democrats. STILL. And this virus will exploit that lack of team effort and pick us apart.

And this isn't an attack on Trump, or Pelosi and democrats. I'm attacking us for even taking sides in a non-issue. We the people have elected poor leadership for decades now. Both parties. We have only ourselves to blame. We'd be better served if 535 totally random Americans cycled in and out each election cycle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I prefer to look elsewhere for a grasp of the situation

May 21, 2020, 1:22 PM

But let’s not worry about kids not getting an education. Kids locked up 24/7 with anusive stressed out parents.

Let’s not worry about the 100,000’s flooding suicide hotlines. Let’s not worry about the alcoholic that is now all alone in an apartment for moths on end and now hitting the bottle again cause no job, no hope, just despair.

Let’s only truly worry about those that can quarantine themselves, but don’t. Got it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I blame the media for being totally corrupt.***

May 21, 2020, 1:49 PM [ in reply to I prefer to look elsewhere for a grasp of the situation ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I blame the media for being totally corrupt.***

May 21, 2020, 4:23 PM

The media is totally corrupt. Almost all of it, left and right.

There are not 2 truths. One of them is wrong.

I look to the AP for facts. The other outlets are facts-spun in one direction or the other.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazing. What are the odds......

May 21, 2020, 12:55 PM

https://apnews.com/4ee1a3a8d631b454f645b2a8d9597de7

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so are you saying they are lying?***

May 21, 2020, 1:12 PM

No. Suicides and drug abuse, and other medical problems

May 21, 2020, 1:26 PM

will increase. People die, that's what we do. I'm also saying in 2 months, with a lockdown at massive economic costs, covid has already matched a year's worth of suicide and drug overdose deaths in the US, combined. And that doesn't even account for the missed work from those who didn't die, but spent weeks in ICU's on ventilators and recovered, or those who spent weeks away from work recovering. We can't run a meat plant, a nursing home, or operate a large Navy ship effectively with this virus.

But missing from that letter were constructive ways we could increase economic activity while minimizing the virus costs.

I'm saying that's a political document. Plain and simple.

lol, i dont think that letter was meant to be a freakin

May 21, 2020, 1:34 PM

mapped out plan.

Agree. It was a political document.***

May 21, 2020, 4:40 PM

Re: No. Suicides and drug abuse, and other medical problems

May 21, 2020, 5:11 PM [ in reply to No. Suicides and drug abuse, and other medical problems ]

Dude, I get it. Your parents are old and you are scared. Valid. Very valid. I get it. Trust me.

There are 100’s of thousands if not millions (no idea of numbers) of ice cream shop owners, bar owners, restaurant owners, hairstylists/barbers, sporting goods shops, even things as simple as shoe repair shops or tint clothing boutiques. These peoples businesses are either dead or dying. It’s complete insanity when you look at the death and infection rates.

And why aren’t the headlines today about the lowest death count so far? Why are they still about locking down. It’s insanity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No. Suicides and drug abuse, and other medical problems

May 21, 2020, 5:19 PM

You have a place like Home Depot that is open today and I counted 52 cars in the parking lot and people standing and waiting outside. Not 6ft apart at all.

But the barber with 3 chairs down the street can’t cut hair. Thats just idiotic.

So a politician selected people with a similar view

May 21, 2020, 12:57 PM

to get the outcome they wanted?

HO LEE SHID! THAT'S NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE! THE OUTRAGE!!!!!!111111ONE

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but...this is still pretty amusing. 500 doctors write

May 21, 2020, 1:00 PM

an open letter to Trump asking him to reopen the economy, because Trump('s team) asked 500 doctors to write him a letter asking him to reopen the economy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, but...this is still pretty amusing. 500 doctors write

May 21, 2020, 1:05 PM

Just like all the fake doctors propping up Obamacare and the stand in doctors in the press conferences. This is fun.

Sure. It's part of the game. Those doctors and their letter

May 21, 2020, 1:06 PM

(I'm sure it happened, but I'm not going to look) weren't newsworthy either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure. It's part of the game. Those doctors and their letter

May 21, 2020, 1:16 PM

So you and Tiggity are saying this is fake?

The letter, shared online, estimates about 150,000 Americans each month that the shutdown remains in place would have had new cancer detected, millions more are missing dental exams that could discover problems linked to heart disease, while others are experiencing domestic violence like child abuse.

I personally know 3 doctors that feel the same way

May 21, 2020, 1:17 PM

but I'm sure they are fake too

This appears difficult for you to understand. Nobody in this

May 21, 2020, 1:23 PM

thread is claiming those doctors are fake. They exist.

I think you are insuating they are lying in their letter

May 21, 2020, 1:25 PM

As in no way in hell would ANY doctor sign a letter like that willingly. I'm sure Trump has a gun to their head or something nefarious is going on.

I most certainly did not insinuate that anywhere.***

May 21, 2020, 1:26 PM

I even googled a few of them. They're real. One is a

May 21, 2020, 1:25 PM [ in reply to I personally know 3 doctors that feel the same way ]

hair restoration doctor in LA.

There's probably some merit to it, but let's not pretend

May 21, 2020, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Sure. It's part of the game. Those doctors and their letter ]

like more than a handful of White House insiders, with or without medical credentials, penned this letter, and sent it to a bunch of Trump donors who have "M.D." next to their name on their $200 donation card. I'm sure there's some real annotated and sourced research on the subject that we'd all be open to discussing. It's not in this letter, for some reason.

or global warming, we're all gonna die doctors?***

May 21, 2020, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah, but...this is still pretty amusing. 500 doctors write ]

or scientists. same thing ;-)***

May 21, 2020, 1:14 PM

Somewhere in between Trump wanting to go back to normal and

May 21, 2020, 1:28 PM

ignore it, democrats wanting everyone to stay home and starve, lies what's best for America.

dude, Trump has actually been reserved in going back

May 21, 2020, 1:32 PM

for you to say otherwise is disengenious.
Just about everyone is reaching their breaking point and we're just starting very very slowly get open up in few parts of the country

I mean, we're all still alive, so clearly there's no issue

May 21, 2020, 1:16 PM [ in reply to or global warming, we're all gonna die doctors?*** ]

in this binary world.

It's not so strange to see doctors disagreeing with...

May 21, 2020, 5:20 PM

one another. Imo, doctors should stick to medicine and stay out of politics. It disrespects their integrity. I feel the exact same way about scientist.

When someone tells me I'm going to die if I don't follow their advise I always empty my bank account and hide the money in a tin can in the side of a mountain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not so strange to see doctors disagreeing with...

May 21, 2020, 7:51 PM

one another. Imo, doctors should stick to medicine and stay out of politics. It disrespects their integrity. I feel the exact same way about scientist.

When someone tells me I'm going to die if I don't follow their advise I always empty my bank account and hide the money in a tin can in the side of a mountain.

Agreed, just as politicians should stay out of science and medicine.

(Dood you're gonna die if you don't do what I say...which mountain, which side?)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 685
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic