Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USuC #10 in steeles ESecPN insider top 10
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

USuC #10 in steeles ESecPN insider top 10

Feb 4, 2014, 11:01 AM

Kevin Steele from ESecPN insider projects the AP top ten for next year. Granted this guy is an idiot and he usually projects games and always picks the spread.
1. FSU
2. Bama
3.Oregon
4. Auburn
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio state
7. UCLA
8. MSU
9. Baylor
10. Lamecocks

Granted he only has 3 SEC teams in the top 10 but USuC really? He said they have the most returning players. But their recruiting has not been top 20 the past few years so I see them around 15-20.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so they won't miss Shaw at all? Thats nice***

Feb 4, 2014, 11:02 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Or most of their DL and best corner***

Feb 4, 2014, 11:04 AM

or biggest playmaker ie: Ellington

Feb 4, 2014, 11:31 AM

nm

JB, are you ready for PELP?***

Feb 4, 2014, 11:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Life? Um no i'm still wild and free***

Feb 4, 2014, 11:04 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

A lot of people will have them preseason top 10. Get used

Feb 4, 2014, 11:08 AM

to it.

alright?***

Feb 4, 2014, 11:12 AM

I guess since you said that everyone will have to then.***

Feb 4, 2014, 11:30 AM [ in reply to A lot of people will have them preseason top 10. Get used ]

Nope they don't have to, but just some advice.

Feb 4, 2014, 11:38 AM

It's funny how surprised people here are by this. What do they expect? I know no on likes Scar, but have some football knowledge. C'mon.

True but in reality does it even matter?

Feb 4, 2014, 11:40 AM

Preseason polls are the biggest joke in sports.

Nope it doesn't but if people are going to criticize them

Feb 4, 2014, 11:47 AM

they should know how they work. Scar finished #4 last year. Sure they are losing some key guys, but they were one of the youngest teams last year. Right or wrong, that will put them in the top 10 preseason. It's quite simple to understand. I'm not saying that they will be in the top 10 come season's end, but the OP can't seem to understand why they are preseason top 10. I'm trying to help him out.

I understand you completely.***

Feb 4, 2014, 11:54 AM

Good, glad it made sense.***

Feb 4, 2014, 11:57 AM

I pose this question then, we finished 8th, return more on

Feb 4, 2014, 12:11 PM

defense, lose maybe a little more than the coots on offense another receiver, some o-linemen, so where should we be ranked?

According to this separate ESPN ranking they have the coots at 13th and us at 18th.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10246704/florida-state-leads-2014-way-too-early-top-25-rankings

But since you say you have common football knowledge where should we be?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I pose this question then, we finished 8th, return more on

Feb 4, 2014, 12:19 PM

I would say we should be about 5 spots back from Scar, although I would have had both of us higher than that poll did. I would say 9-10 for them and 14-15 for us.

Re: I pose this question then, we finished 8th, return more on

Feb 4, 2014, 2:27 PM

> I would say we should be about 5 spots back from
> Scar, although I would have had both of us higher
> than that poll did. I would say 9-10 for them and
> 14-15 for us.

That ranking sounds about right to me.

Given the ACC's woeful representation in the Top 25, most on this board should be at least somewhat pleased the 2014 schedule has a few Top 10 teams.....assuming UGA is Top 10 as well, without the SEC on the schedule the SOS is weak and not helpful for making the playoff.

kentucky,tennesse,vandy,fla.(last year) , come on, that div

Feb 4, 2014, 5:01 PM

was a joke. espn gave them the hype they needed to get their sos. read it and weep, it's true.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If this guy says it's true, it must be. He is clearly

Feb 4, 2014, 6:58 PM

a 3rd part, unbiased, objective poster.

Re: kentucky,tennesse,vandy,fla.(last year) , come on, that div

Feb 4, 2014, 7:02 PM [ in reply to kentucky,tennesse,vandy,fla.(last year) , come on, that div ]

Sgt. - I don't follow your logic. You're saying the Georgia win last year wasn't a good win? You do realize UGA is in the East don't you?

Feb 4, 2014, 7:48 PM

Pre injury Georgia was the best team in the east. What is illogical about his post? He named all the garbage teams in the east.

Feb 4, 2014, 7:56 PM

Point taken, but when he said "that division was a joke" he seemed to label the whole division.

Re: A lot of people will have them preseason top 10. Get used

Feb 4, 2014, 12:06 PM [ in reply to A lot of people will have them preseason top 10. Get used ]

Tell'em Coot

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're a towel!***

Feb 4, 2014, 12:10 PM

Hahahahaha excellent response.

Feb 4, 2014, 12:14 PM

South Park reference ftw. Well done sir

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Thank you sir. If you haven't seen the episode, my post

Feb 4, 2014, 12:20 PM

looks like I'm legitimately crazy.

Tell 'em coot

Feb 4, 2014, 12:16 PM [ in reply to A lot of people will have them preseason top 10. Get used ]

Alas, never to win a conference football championship.

They had a relatively young team and finished #4.

Feb 4, 2014, 11:17 AM

We could have lessened their crowing but crapped the bed yet again.

Re: USuC #10 in steeles ESecPN insider top 10

Feb 4, 2014, 11:36 AM

we can stop all this BS by restoring order this fall,,,, but, we need to do what they do and I think Clemson is above that cheating and illegal practices that they do!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you mean Phil Steele?***

Feb 4, 2014, 11:36 AM

Re: Do you mean Phil Steele?they better because if is Kevin

Feb 4, 2014, 12:04 PM

there is no defense. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you mean Phil Steele?***

Feb 4, 2014, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Do you mean Phil Steele?*** ]

Yes, sorry.

Meh.

Feb 4, 2014, 12:20 PM

Preseason polls are dumb.

C0cks can and will lose to UGA, Tennessee, ATM, Auburn, Clemson, Missouri, Florida.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Meh.

Feb 4, 2014, 1:12 PM

Wager?

Absolutely***

Feb 4, 2014, 1:41 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Absolutely***

Feb 4, 2014, 2:43 PM

Message me with the number of zeros you would like to put after the 1.

What exactly are we betting on?***

Feb 4, 2014, 2:56 PM

Re: What exactly are we betting on?***

Feb 4, 2014, 3:48 PM

You listed 6 games we would lose.

Not exactly sure you lose all but I did say "can and will"

Feb 4, 2014, 3:52 PM

Should have said "can and will lose to some".

But I'll bet $10 you lose all those games anyways.

Re: Not exactly sure you lose all but I did say "can and will"

Feb 5, 2014, 1:51 PM

Ok, meet me in Lot 2 after the game. We will be the Gamecock Tent. You can't miss it. I'll give you a shot of Bourbon worth more than $10. Bring it in $2 bills.

All they have next year is Davis.

Feb 4, 2014, 2:01 PM

Good luck with that.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All they have next year is Davis.

Feb 4, 2014, 2:57 PM

Really, Davis is it?? O-line returns, Roland who had a terrific last half of season and is starting to become the wr everyone thought he would be, pretty much had his way with you. Byrd back at wr along with Nic Jones. Pharoah Cooper should only get better and we have all TE's return and a qb that has beaten you at your place and led the winning drive in a bowl game. So Davis is it?? We also have Wilds and Carson at rb with a kid you will see this year named David Williams.

Defense will be solid, return every linebacker as all were freshmen. Solid up front, no Clowney but still lot of players with lot of experience. Need to find a couple of db's but Ward has done a great job as d-coordinator and have confidence in him.

Return fg kicker who turned out to be very good, hopefully punter improves.

We did have some key losses but to say Davis is all we have is idiotic at best.

Now you replace a qb who owns all your records but according to you guys that is no issue because you have a guy that has played no significant minutes but is as good as your graduating guy. RB, you should be fine but still have to replace McDowell. WR: say what you want about who you still have but losing Watkins changes how defenses play you. You have no one close to as good as he was at catching the short pass and going the distance. You lose 2 o-linemen including your best who was your left tackle.

I know you guys think your defense is the next coming of the seahawks but you do realize that you gave up +30 in the last 3 games against BCS teams? Your defense is just not that scary.

You have to replace a fg kicker who was pretty much automatic for 4 years.

But hey, like you said, all we have back is Davis.

Your linebackers suck

Feb 4, 2014, 3:04 PM

Your oline was abused by our dline.

Dylan Thompson will not keep the starting job.

Mike Davis did nothing against us.

Without Connor Shaw y'all lose against us even with a +6 turnover margin.

You have No one that can replace Clowney. You'll never have anyone like him again.

We have one player that we cannot replace and that is Sammy.

But everyone else is replaceable.

Personally, I'm glad Boyd is gone. I was never a gigantic fan. He's a great person though.

We upgrade at RB. Battle takes over at LT. Our only real conern is RT. The rest of the line is solidified.

Re: Your linebackers suck

Feb 4, 2014, 3:37 PM

How the hell did we lose then?

6 turnovers***

Feb 4, 2014, 3:37 PM

Mickey? Is that you?***

Feb 4, 2014, 4:08 PM

Re: Your linebackers suck

Feb 4, 2014, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Your linebackers suck ]

I agree there is a chance the guy that beat you by double digits at home may not be good enough to hold off the competition at QB. Life is good. People said the same thing about our defense a few years ago when we lost 2 1st round draft picks. We will be just fine.

Dylan Thompson beat a Clemson team with the worst

Feb 4, 2014, 4:35 PM

defense I've seen from them ever.

But I really do hope he is the starting QB still when we do play. Knowing Spurrier he'll get the hook pretty quickly.

bwahahahahaha. please tell me this is a joke.

Feb 4, 2014, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: All they have next year is Davis. ]

either that, or you have inhaled too much of that sec bs. you got it bad, huh .that's o.k.. we know y'all have all-americans at every position on your team - RIGHT! y'all have not came close to bringing in the talent y'all have lost the last few years, especially since e.j. left. ya'll have been using the talent he had left over, and it's about gone, and so are your dreams of having a winner. read it and weep, it's true, and y'all know it. look at the recruiting ratings the last few years if you want to - or maybe you don't !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: bwahahahahaha. please tell me this is a joke.

Feb 4, 2014, 7:35 PM

> y'all have not came close to bringing in the
> talent y'all have lost the last few years, especially
> since e.j. left. ya'll have been using the talent he
> had left over, and it's about gone, and so are your
> dreams of having a winner. read it and weep, it's
> true, and y'all know it. look at the recruiting
> ratings the last few years if you want to - or maybe
> you don't !

When did SCAR ever have highly rated recruiting classes? The last 6 years are unimpressive....16,19,18,24,12,22. I think the only reason SCAR got that 12 ranking was due to the Bowden dismissal that year.

Naw: You mis-read. UCS is No. 10 in the SEC next year***

Feb 4, 2014, 4:07 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to ESPN

Feb 4, 2014, 4:17 PM

#10 in the SEC is number 10 in the AP poll

Bama at 2 and OSU at 6

Feb 4, 2014, 4:34 PM

Are the real crimes. Scar will get bounced early. Too because we could have used the SOS bump.

Re: USuC #10 in steeles ESecPN insider top 10

Feb 4, 2014, 4:52 PM

Recruiting rankings are very over rated. They coach players up and recruit players that fit their system. Fact is, they have a top ten coaching staff, and that's what gets them there each year and why they keep beating us each year.

Look at that punk Swearinger. He was a 2 star prospect coming out of HS. Was drafted in the second round.

Vandy finished in top 25 again***

Feb 4, 2014, 5:11 PM

OSU at 6 is interesting.

Feb 4, 2014, 5:22 PM

Every poll now has them starting top 10 yet every SEC fan will tell you we beat an weak over hyped team in the OB.

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic