Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So what was worse (from your Tiger perspective)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

So what was worse (from your Tiger perspective)

Aug 30, 2012, 11:56 PM

Our game, which I can admit was a terror to watch. Very sloppy game and I'm happy with the W, but there is obviously a heckuva lot of room for improvement. And yes, it was a PI, I can admit that. Although I don't blame Swearinger for doing it, 15 yards was better than the receiver making a play.

Or the highlight of that dude running the punt the wrong direction and the team tackling him before he could make it to their end zone? They showed that clip at the perfect time for some comedic relief.

1. Yes, I know I'm on Tnet after a gamecock win
2. I know I'll get berated for posting this
3. I just wanted a different perspective on what was worse

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to say if one play was worse than a whole game

Aug 31, 2012, 12:02 AM

If they guy had gone to the endzone...then that wins.

Otherwise...hard to say

Clemson

Re: So what was worse (from your Tiger perspective)

Aug 31, 2012, 12:05 AM

Haha I thought the Kent State play was hilarious. I honestly don't even understand how that happens. How does he not just scoop it up and ruble into the end zone that was like 10 yards in front of him?

And why on earth did those two Towson guys tackle him? Oh well....

Aug 31, 2012, 12:11 AM

Number 9 is way to high.

Aug 31, 2012, 12:13 AM

I saw Conner Shaw save you against a weak and poorly coached Vandy team. If he is badly hurt, you are screwed. Your DC and SC leaving hurt and it shows. Clowney is your saviour. If it wasn't for the ref u would have likely lost. T were drig hard.ee ya win it like that though.
No offense intended just brutal honesty from a die hard tiger and a football fan.

Aug 31, 2012, 12:13 AM

What do think about the NFL replacement official LOOKING right at it?

oops.Re: Re: So what was worse (from your Tiger perspective)

Aug 31, 2012, 12:16 AM

What I meant to say was, They were driving hard. That was a bad no call.

HA!

Aug 31, 2012, 12:19 AM

That poor SOB. Like the Spanish lady who tried to restore the fresco(google it if you don't know), he will never live it down.

It should have been a 15-yard penalty. That doesn't mean Vandy wins. Your DLine owned the Vandy offense, except for one play. Clowney is good, but so is Quarles and all the others. It's hard to pass when a D get's a rush with four.

All that said, even when Shaw was healthy, your offense needs a lot of work. I expect defenses to force Shaw to beat them with his arm. He won't. Not LSU or UGa or UF. Sorry.

I'll try to address everything in this response

Aug 31, 2012, 12:29 AM

I can't deny anything you or tigerjae said. The offense does need quite a bit of work to get a passing game going. If Shaw gets hurt that's going to be a lot tougher.

Conditioning doesn't worry me too much, although I may notice more when I watch it the second time around.

I think the secondary had a decent game, excluding the TD where the safety foolishly went for the INT. They gave up a couple of plays here and there, but I think all of that is fixable. No I don't think they'll shut down everyone through the air, but containing it better will be a start.

Spot on with the defenses forcing Shaw to throw, and right now I don't see us beating LSU or UGA either. Still unsure of UF though, they might have more problems on O than we have.

And like I said before I can't deny it was PI. I'm just happy the ref didn't call it. But like you said it doesn't necessarily mean Vandy would have won. Definitely would have made it more interesting and taken another year off my life.

I hate to admit it but the Old Ball Sack is a good coach...

Aug 31, 2012, 12:47 AM

He won't ask Shaw to make throws he can't make. He'll ask Shaw to play his game. I expect South Carolina to be in a lot of these types of games. With your defense that's not a bad thing.

*Punting also needs work.

*I'm surprised Spurrier didn't use more backs tonight. I counted two hand offs to players not named Shaw or Lattimore.

Re: I hate to admit it but the Old Ball Sack is a good coach...

Aug 31, 2012, 1:00 AM

And Lattimore was the top USC receiver tonight as well!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lattimore looked very good - better than I expected. Shaw

Aug 31, 2012, 12:28 AM

looked pretty good. Showed tremendous leadership. That will probably pay dividends down the road. Getting backups some real bigtime snaps was good. D was pretty good save fir a couple of plays in the secondary. Ugly game from a big play standpoint, but I'll take tough D and strong running over 80 yd goofy plays any day.

Aug 31, 2012, 12:50 AM

What was worse than anything? LOUser Holtz stating all the problems with SUC are easily fixed. Can someone get that idiot off the show? He's a ######.

Your guys won - escaped really.

Aug 31, 2012, 12:53 AM

that performance is going to encourage your opponents. Shaw is a gutsy, good football player as is Lattimore. But your team had every right to lose this one but pulled it out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic